2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

According to his profile on the team website, it says he's still at 175 lbs. Either that is completely inaccurate or maybe he had difficulty putting on weight to play in the college game? Sad for Poke that he never got to contribute.

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

@'stache do you know what's up there?

Our WR coach (now OC) was on record once that Moore needed to do more in practice to get playing time. He said it in a very coach-like way, but it was clear that Moore wasn't putting in the effort in practice. There were also rumors about him not attending class. He always looked really skinny to me and we have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the country. We have seen tons of 3 star players come in underweight and look tough as shit come their time to contribute. The fact that the kid never seemed to add to his frame tells me he was lazy and never bought into the program. He was 4-stars so every creamed their pants over him but I'm pretty sure we'll be fine at WR without him.

• Like 3

LSU OL Donavaughn Campbell is in the portal.  He played in over half the games and looked like the 1st man off the bench.  Not sure if he would have been a starter with Ingram and I guess Kardell Thomas?  Tigerdroppings is saying Thomas will miss all of the spring with an injury.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

LSU OL Donavaughn Campbell is in the portal.  He played in over half the games and looked like the 1st man off the bench.  Not sure if he would have been a starter with Ingram and I guess Kardell Thomas?  Tigerdroppings is saying Thomas will miss all of the spring with an injury.

Kardell Thomas broke an ankle after tripping over a booth in a dead sprint towards the buffet at Ralph & Kakoo’s. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Kardell Thomas broke an ankle after tripping over a booth in a dead sprint towards the buffet at Ralph & Kakoo’s. 

god, I wish Ralph and Kacoos had a buffet. Damn thats some good eating.say what you will about the boot, they do food right.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Leach got his man. Hello culture shock. 

54 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I thought Costello sucked ass the first time I saw him play. Stanford's results of the last couple of years seem to back that up.

I do get that Leach's inherited roster doesn't really have the type of QBs he needs to run his offense. Still, Costello sucks.

I seemed to remember that Costello was good enough when he broke onto the scene that the guy who he replaced due to injury never got his job back. ESPN kind of thinks that my memory isn't horrible. Apparently he had a bunch of injuries last season, so he rarely played (or at least rarely played healthy) and I guess that Stanford sucking called for a change of scenery. The kid was pretty good in 2018.

...Costello earned second-team All-Pac-12 honors for Stanford in 2018, when he started all 13 games and passed for 3,540 yards, the second-highest single-season total in team history. He completed 65.1% of his passes with 29 touchdowns, and led the Pac-12 in both pass efficiency (155) and yards per attempt (8.57).

Costello struggled with injuries in 2019 and appeared in only five games, passing for 1,038 yards with six touchdowns and three interceptions. Following the regular season, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. had listed Costello as the nation's No. 7 draft-eligible quarterback...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28629478/former-stanford-qb-kj-costello-transferring-mississippi-state

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Costello is the kind of guy the Pirate will have torch the shitty aggy secondary for a home win in week 5 this year.

Honest question, how many times has fisher faced air raid teams? I honestly don’t know, I don’t think they were uber prevalent in the ACC while he was there. Syracuse once or twice maybe? 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Texas needs this offseason on transfer market

WR - starting X WR

OL - starting OG

CB - first guy off the bench. 

LB - someone please help

TE - fuck we'll take anything

Anyone want to take bets on how we do?

WR - starting X WR  We need depth, but the starters will come from our current roster almost surely. This also doesn't take into account the fact that Jake may spend some time at Z

OL - starting OG See WR

CB - first Second or third guy off the bench. The issue at CB is starters in 2021/2022

LB - someone please help Juwan is back in, we don't really have an issue here unless neither of the safeties comes down. Depth is fine, you'd just like it to be more talented. 

TE - fuck we'll take anything Hullaby maybe, moving Epps over (we'll see), depth is maturing. If we grab a xfer TE, fine but I'd rather save the scholarship for '21.

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

WR - starting X WR

OL - starting OG

LB - someone please help

We don’t need a GT at WR, TE, or CB. Your not getting a GT to be a backup like you’re saying at CB.
Black at WR would be nice but it’s not critical. Same goes for OL. It would be nice, but we have depth there now and guys ready to step up. 
At TE, we have 4th year Brewer and 2nd year Wiley and Liebrock so we’re pretty solid there, too. Getting the Wilson kid from   UCLA would be great but it’s not a necessity. 

I’d say the top positions would be LB, then OL, then a WR or TE would be nice. Either way, the staff isn’t taking 5 GTs. Since they’d all be counters, that would be grossly negligent roster management. 

When exactly did you become a satya sock, btw?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

We don’t need a GT at WR, TE, or CB. Your not getting a GT to be a backup like you’re saying at CB.   Black at WR would be nice but it’s not critical. Same goes for OL. It would be nice, but we have depth there now and guys ready to step up.   At TE, we have 4th year Brewer and 2nd year Wiley and Liebrock so we’re pretty solid there, too. Getting the Wilson kid from   UCLA would be great but it’s not a necessity. 
I’d say the top positions would be LB, then OL, then a WR or TE would be nice. Either way, the staff isn’t taking 5 GTs. Since they’d all be counters, that would be grossly negligent roster management.   When exactly did you become a satya sock, btw?

So any quality transfers that Texas should consider,  that would have to sit for a year, and be good depth for 2021 season??

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

We don’t need a GT at WR, TE, or CB. Your not getting a GT to be a backup like you’re saying at CB.
Black at WR would be nice but it’s not critical. Same goes for OL. It would be nice, but we have depth there now and guys ready to step up. 
At TE, we have 4th year Brewer and 2nd year Wiley and Liebrock so we’re pretty solid there, too. Getting the Wilson kid from   UCLA would be great but it’s not a necessity. 

I’d say the top positions would be LB, then OL, then a WR or TE would be nice. Either way, the staff isn’t taking 5 GTs. Since they’d all be counters, that would be grossly negligent roster management. 

That hurts

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

That hurts

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

WR - starting X WR

OL - starting OG

LB - someone please help

Really the WR and TE positions don't worry me. Linebacker is a big need. CB could be fine. Another starter OL would be excellent, we seem to find good ones in the portal

If a portal transfer is better than someone we have then it's a take ALL DAY. You don't pass up better players in the portal because "we already have guys here". It's that line of thinking that keeps us dragging ass as we watch ou, bama, ohio st(fields) and others get portal transfers and upgrade whatever position they want. I would have taken Fields over sam all day long. Not sure why some of you are acting like we are loaded at 5 positions sitting at 7-5. If they are available and better at any position then take them and tell the other kid to get better, I'm ready to win and do it with HS recruits or this new Portal we need to take full advantage of because it's gonna be like this for moving forward regularly.

33 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Really the WR and TE positions don't worry me. Linebacker is a big need. CB could be fine. Another starter OL would be excellent, we seem to find good ones in the portal

To me it's not about the WR or TE or LB or CB or OL being worrisome or not. It should be viewed as is the Portal WR, TE, CB, LB, OL better than what we have and could they make us better. If yes bring him on and if not then you check down to depth help. 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

To me it's not about the WR or TE or LB or CB or OL being worrisome or not. It should be viewed as is the Portal WR, TE, CB, LB, OL better than what we have and could they make us better. If yes bring him on and if not then you check down to depth help. 

This appears to be a good faith post, but you're wrong.

There's an 85 scholarship maximum and a 25 player signing class limit. Filling up on portal fare takes scholarships from your signing class and from your over-performing walk-ons, not to mention that guys who arrive through the portal are less likely to be culture fits. Grad transfers are a little different but can effect future recruiting at the position if you take them over and over again.

If the roster is in a position that we need to take transfers to "compete" with our current players, the issue is bad recruiting, not needing to take more transfers.