Shaka better watch his back...

Goo Punch

29 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He may have had issues with...stuff....but man did I have fun watching his teams play. I miss having fun watching Texas play.

Most of us had fun watching his teams play, we were children.  Now we'd be bitching about too many 3s and Panama Myers cant hit a fucking free throw to save his life! Fuck you Tom!

Dem days was badass for sure.  Texas didnt have much success tournament wise before Tom Penders. Hes the first to lead us to back to back tourneys, think about that. Before that, we went to the tournament every now and then.

And fuck Arkansas forever 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dewey said:

Most of us had fun watching his teams play, we were children.  Now we'd be bitching about too many 3s and Panama Myers cant hit a fucking free throw to save his life! Fuck you Tom!

Dem days was badass for sure.  Texas didnt have much success tournament wise before Tom Penders. Hes the first to lead us to back to back tourneys, think about that. Before that, we went to the tournament every now and then.

I thought for sure Abe had accomplished b2b NCAAT trips but wiki tells me not the case.  The BMW run in '90 was fun. 

Anyone remember the halftime show recognition for the `90 Elite 8 team they had a couple of years ago?  . If CDC would commit to rolling a drunk Penders out every halftime, I might show up more. Get him windmill dunking off a mini-tramp, balancing chairs and fine china on his chin, catching frisbees in his mouth, etc...

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 10:46 PM, Valmy77 said:

He may have had issues with...stuff....but man did I have fun watching his teams play. I miss having fun watching Texas play.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, Dewey said:

Ugh. I hated watching his teams play "hero ball" especially when Reggie Freeman was our "best" player. I remember his sub-40% shooting percentage but averaging like 25 points per game. One guy would bring the ball down and play 1-on-5 basically. Now the BMW bunch that lost to Arkansas in the regional final was pretty bad ass.

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

Ugh. I hated watching his teams play "hero ball" especially when Reggie Freeman was our "best" player. I remember his sub-40% shooting percentage but averaging like 25 points per game. One guy would bring the ball down and play 1-on-5 basically. Now the BMW bunch that lost to Arkansas in the regional final was pretty bad ass.

I loved it. I knew we were never going to win anything and it was not the smartest thing to do but it was fun.

6 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

His teams were fun when they were on but maddening when they couldn't adjust. He had the worst full court press ever, it was like a 3 man weave layup drill for our opponents. There was no confidence going into any competitive game because you never knew which team would show up.

What about when we wore the silver jerseys?  Then you knew.

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, Red Five said:

He’d look pretty good for his age if he just cut his hair.

Yeah, I'm shocked.  That gorgon-do has to go, but shit, knowing as much about Penders as I do, he looks amazing at this point.  The argument that he shouldn't still be around is valid if you were ever around him.  And the wife has aged better than expected, as well.

Edited by cafe society

14 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

His teams were fun when they were on but maddening when they couldn't adjust. He had the worst full court press ever, it was like a 3 man weave layup drill for our opponents. There was no confidence going into any competitive game because you never knew which team would show up.

At least they would be on sometimes, unlike the teams under Shaka.