Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

hornhorn

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah, Trump "says it to your face."  That's why the entire state of the union was basically a "look here, I have a black friend" speech and why he quotes the black unemployment rate constantly. It's weird because I 100 percent agree with you that Bloomberg is a shitty old racist POS that shouldn't be nominated.  It's also hard to take you seriously because we all know you're voting R regardless of Trump or who the Democrat is.  People with a posting history on this and the other site should really use a sock if you want us to take your concern trolling seriously.

My posting history is very conservative. Not Republican. I didn't vote for McCain, Mittens or Trump. I was all in on Rand, but he wasn't ready. In no way did I even take Trump seriously as a conservative, the guy was friends with Russel Simmons and Al Sharpton. Two people I wouldn't piss on. So no I didn't vote for him and damn sure didn't expect him to win. 

While he has done some things I would never have expected, I post Trump shit because it's funny. Especially when you have so many people running around crying that the world is ending every day. Besides you can't have a circus without clowns. Don't take that as me supporting him because he has an R next to his name. 

Actually Biden was going to be my choice this go round. Crazy Joe Biden would do just enough to look effective but not actually do anything too radical(outlaw guns or private insurance). So he would have been my choice in 2020. But his heart is not in it. 

• Like 4

I'm calling it: If Bloomberg gets the nomination, expect Bloomberg World Empire to start hiring leftish-leaning people from Red states to move and work in swing states, just long enough to be able to vote there.

I look forward to the day when my email inbox has fewer plaintive "please help me please" Doug Jones posts, and more manly handshake offers of salary bonuses and Zillow photos of condos in Georgia or Florida, my choice. Hell, maybe I'll do both.

And since Mike has the capital to mint his own currency, I will be getting paid not in scrofulous fiat US scrip, but in actual 24k gold crypto-Bloomies.

Don't hate the Cutter, hate the Cane.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Over the years I've been called 'coon', 'uncle tom', 'sellout' and a bunch of other shit by friends, family and strangers. Words that I would never have used against another black person over politics. Until now..And I never thought I that I would truly see a 'house negro' in my time. spacer.png

(He probably had everyone of them stopped and frisked before allowing them on stage. And they loved it).

Any black person that supports this racist asshole is a sellout, no two ways about. A fucking black quisling! Why else would they support this shit? After all the bullshit said about 'stop and frisk', red lining, profiling now they are on stage skinning, grinning, shucking and jiving. A bunch of fucking props just for money. And the saddest part is they have other viable options, but they willingly chose the racist with the biggest wallet. P-A-N's can't say shit about Trump and his racism.

If Trump is such a racist, asshole shit lord, then WTF is Bloomberg? He's Trump and them some. He just hid it better, paid people off. Democrat hypocrisy at it's finest. 

And for all you good folks, who are going to 'hold your nose' and vote for Bloomberg..bullshit. You will be everything that you have said about Trump supporters. You were just pretending to be something else because of politics.

I didn't vote for Trump the first time and had not planned on voting for him in November. So this isn't about getting Trump re-elected. But if Bloomberg is the dem nominee, I will be voting for Trump. I'd rather deal with the asshole who has the balls to say it to my face. Rather than the pussy, who will smile in my face, pat me on the back and then sic the cops on me. 

So much Death Spiral here. Bloomberg is like the Borg's version of the Trojan Horse maybe? he is geometrically all the right things except in his soul, which deep down you know doesn't actually he exist. Is he racist? I put it to you like this - he is another wildly rich asshole that is so out of touch with everything around him that is he -ist to whateverthefuck you care about. Your blackness is this case.

Joaquin Phoenix was so spot on in his speech at the oscars. We need to stop fighting against whatever -ism you personally dealing with and start fighting for justice and equality for all. Can't say that any better. The -ism we are all stuck with keeps us down IMO. My wife is stuck in first gear with sexism for example, and of course it is a problem, but IMO it keeps her from properly evaluating this election cycle.

Me - easy for me to say, I am white male so I get it - much easier for me to say this shit. 

Vote for Trump? I mean really u serious? Come on man. Vote for someone who says something or anything worth a shit and don't worry if they are winning or not. The Spiral is currently too strong anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

My posting history is very conservative. Not Republican. I didn't vote for McCain, Mittens or Trump. I was all in on Rand, but he wasn't ready. In no way did I even take Trump seriously as a conservative, the guy was friends with Russel Simmons and Al Sharpton. Two people I wouldn't piss on. So no I didn't vote for him and damn sure didn't expect him to win. 

While he has done some things I would never have expected, I post Trump shit because it's funny. Especially when you have so many people running around crying that the world is ending every day. Besides you can't have a circus without clowns. Don't take that as me supporting him because he has an R next to his name. 

Actually Biden was going to be my choice this go round. Crazy Joe Biden would do just enough to look effective but not actually do anything too radical(outlaw guns or private insurance). So he would have been my choice in 2020. But his heart is not in it. 

Trump and his ilk represent the fullest extent of short term, destructive thinking - thus many of us do indeed think the world is ending because that asshole and his followers act like it is. Don't hate the hater. 

7 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

But if Bloomberg is the dem nominee, I will be voting for Trump. I'd rather deal with the asshole who has the balls to say it to my face. Rather than the pussy, who will smile in my face, pat me on the back and then sic the cops on me. 

I get where you're coming from, but the racist who broadcasts it to your face has a worse effect on people.  Youths and other impressionable people automatically start modeling it and it emboldens those bigots who previously had to stay in the shadows.  I'm not apologizing for Bloomberg at all, just pointing out that while you may withstand it, a whole lot more people won't.  Just not worth the harm.

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Trump says out loud what tens of millions of working class whites think in their worst moments.
Bloomberg says what tens of thousands of elite liberals think in their worst moments.

These guys are amazing and we need to exile them from the USA.

Tens of thousands? Try millions. That's what the left is up against.

This guy is incredible. Attempting to literally buy the Presidency. What an experiment. 

This is a stupid question, but are there any laws against literally buying votes from people? He’s paying everybody. Why not just pay people 5k directly? Pay one million people in targeted states. Spend 5 billion.

I think people eventually will find this whole operation off putting, but maybe not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This guy is incredible. Attempting to literally buy the Presidency. What an experiment. 

This is a stupid question, but are there any laws against literally buying votes from people? He’s paying everybody. Why not just pay people 5k directly? Pay one million people in targeted states. Spend 5 billion.

I think people eventually will find this whole operation off putting, but maybe not. 

Eh, he's really just eliminating the middleman. Our presidents have been owned for years now. 

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Eh, he's really just eliminating the middleman. Our presidents have been owned for years now. 

He’s definitely taking it next level. Bothering to pay  off the corpse of Sam Donaldson for an endorsement. If it matters or not, who cares? The guy prints money.

Buying off social media “influencers”.

You know Jesse and Al are licking their chops thinking about their payday coming. That’ll be a big press conference announcing their endorsement. 

25 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I’m sure you were just as appalled by Yang?

I don’t neg on CR because it’s a bitchass thing to do. You had me close though. You know it’s not the same thing.

I disagreed with Yang on the majority of his positions, but I respect the hell out of him because I believe his intentions were as pure as they could be for a presidential candidate. It’s part of why he ultimately never had a chance. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I’m sure you were just as appalled by Yang?

You may feel like I'm about to point out a mere trifle, but hear me out. Bloomberg is spending his own money to express himself. That's called freedom.

Yang was spending other people's money to pay cash directly to voters. That's a straight bribe.

10 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

You may feel like I'm about to point out a mere trifle, but hear me out. Bloomberg is spending his own money to express himself. That's called freedom.

Yang was spending other people's money to pay cash directly to voters. That's a straight bribe.

I’ve seen this point made and it has some truth to it. The counterpoint is, if you’re using other taxpayers’ money to buy votes you have to appease them in other ways politically. Bloomberg owes nobody anything if it all works out. 

21 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

You honestly can’t see a difference in wanting to institute a UBI as policy vs just brute-forcing your own wealth and literally buying the office? Come onnnnn.

Not the same at all. A cynic would see the Freedom Dividend as an attempt to entice the people to vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. However Yang's policy is specifically addressing the rise of automation. Something many dismiss as science fiction but if you have any exposure to the shit happening in A.I. you might take it seriously.

Something that unfortunately never got much attention was his attempt to treat data as a public resource by implementing the "Google Tax" to help fund UBI.

The tech industry makes billions of dollars by monetizing personal data harvested of off Americans. As of now, there are no laws in the U.S. that grant individuals ownership of their personal data. Yang's proposal was to pay a dividend from the profits made off of data harvesting and give it to the people providing the data. Granted, this wouldn't fully fund UBI but it does highlight the fact that an industry worth mega Billions is doing it with a resource that is taken from individuals who have no legal rights to lay claim to what happens with their data.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not voting for Bloomberg, either.

This right here is why that fat orange con man got elected and started this nightmare in the first place.

Normally I'm all for sitting out if you don't like either candidate.  I believe low voter turnout can send a message to both parties.  Etc.

But this time the stakes are too high.  We don't get Kasich or Romney if we lose.  And by "we," I mean America.  Trump has hinted at who he is and what he wants, but he's kept it relatively reeled in because there was always another election coming.  Once there isn't, the gloves will come off.

So I don't care who the Dems nominate.  Y'all better do the right thing and go vote for literally-anyone-but-Trump-before-this-gets-historically-fucking-awful.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

No one on the Republican side sat out with Trump being the nominee in 2016.  It’s why they won.

False.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Republicans_who_opposed_the_2016_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign

Spoiler

Former U.S. presidents[edit]

lossy-page1-170px-Former_President_of_th

Former President George H. W. Bush
lossy-page1-170px-Bush_2k14.tif.jpg

Former President George W. Bush

Former 2016 Republican presidential primary candidates[edit]

All candidates signed a pledge to eventually support the party nominee. The following refused to honor it after Trump became the Republican presidential nominee.

170px-Jeb_Bush_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Governor Jeb Bush
170px-Lindsey_Graham%2C_Official_Portrai

Senator Lindsey Graham
John Kasich, Governor of Ohio (2011–2019); U.S. Representative from Ohio (1983–2001)[11] (wrote in John McCain)[12] George Pataki, Governor of New York (1995–2006)[13]

Former federal cabinet-level officials[edit]

170px-Colin_Powell_official_Secretary_of

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell
170px-Condoleezza_Rice_cropped.jpg

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
Bill Brock, United States Secretary of Labor (1985–1987); United States Trade Representative (1981–1985); U.S. Senator from Tennessee (1971–1977); Chair of the Republican National Committee (1977–1981)[15] Michael Chertoff, United States Secretary of Homeland Security (2005–2009); Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit(2003–2005) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[16][17] Bill Cohen, United States Secretary of Defense (1997–2001); United States Senator from Maine (1979–1997) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[18][19] Robert Gates, United States Secretary of Defense (2006–2011); Director of Central Intelligence (1991–1993)[20] Carlos Gutierrez, United States Secretary of Commerce (2005–2009) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Carla Anderson Hills, United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (1975–1977), United States Trade Representative (1989–1993) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[16][21] Ray LaHood, United States Secretary of Transportation (2009–2013), U.S. Representative from Illinois (1995–2009)[22] Greg Mankiw, Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers (2003–2005)[23] Mel Martinez, United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development(2001–2003); United States Senator from Florida (2005–2009); General Chair of the Republican National Committee (2007)[24][25] Michael Mukasey, United States Attorney General (2007–2009)[26] John Negroponte, United States Ambassador to the United Nations (2001–2004); Director of National Intelligence (2005–2007); United States Deputy Secretary of State (2007–2009) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[16][21] Henry Paulson, United States Secretary of the Treasury (2006–2009) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[27] Rob Portman,[a] Ohio (2010–present); United States Trade Representative(2005–2006), Director of the Office of Management and Budget (2006–2007) (wrote in Mike Pence)[28] Colin Powell, United States Secretary of State (2001–2005), National Security Advisor (1987–1989) (voted for Hillary Clinton)[29] William K. Reilly, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency(1989–1992) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Condoleezza Rice, United States Secretary of State (2005–2009), National Security Advisor (2001–2005)[30] Tom Ridge, United States Secretary of Homeland Security (2003–2005); Homeland Security Advisor (2001–2003); Governor of Pennsylvania (1995–2001)[16][31][32] William Ruckelshaus, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency(1970–1973, 1983–1985) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Brent Scowcroft, National Security Advisor (1975–1977, 1989–1993); Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board (2001–2005) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] George P. Shultz, United States Secretary of Labor (1969–1970); Director of the Office of Management and Budget (1970–1972); United States Secretary of the Treasury (1972–1974); United States Secretary of State(1982–1989)[23] Louis Wade Sullivan, United States Secretary of Health and Human Services (1989–1993) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[33] Christine Todd Whitman, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (2001–2003); Governor of New Jersey (1994–2001) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[34] Paul Wolfowitz, President of the World Bank Group (2005–2007); United States Deputy Secretary of Defense (2001–2005)[35] Robert Zoellick, President of the World Bank Group (2007–2012); U.S. Trade Representative (2001–2005); United States Deputy Secretary of State (2005–2006)[16]

Governors[edit]

Sitting[edit]

170px-Governor_John_Kasich.jpg

Ohio Governor John Kasich
Robert J. Bentley,[a] Alabama (2011–2017)[37] Dennis Daugaard,[a] South Dakota (2011–2019)[38] Bill Haslam, Tennessee (2011–2019)[39] Gary Herbert,[a] Utah (2009–present)[40] Larry Hogan, Maryland (2015–present)[41][42] John Kasich, Ohio (2011–2019)[43] Susana Martinez, New Mexico (2011–2019); Chair of the Republican Governors Association (2015–2016)[44] Bruce Rauner, Illinois (2015–2019)[45][46] Brian Sandoval,[a] Nevada (2011–2019)[47] Phil Scott, Vermont (2017–present)[48] Rick Snyder, Michigan (2011–2019)[49][50]

Former[edit]

170px-Mitt_Romney_by_Gage_Skidmore_7.jpg

Former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 nominee for President Mitt Romney
170px-Arnold_Schwarzenegger_February_201

Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
A. Linwood Holton Jr., Virginia (1970–1974); Assistant Secretary of State for Legislative Affairs (1974–1975) (endorsed Hillary Clinton – father in law of running mate Tim Kaine)[51] Jon Huntsman Jr.,[a] Governor of Utah (2005–2009); United States Ambassador to Russia (2017–2019); United States Ambassador to China (2009–2011); United States Ambassador to Singapore (1992–1993)[52] William Milliken, Michigan (1969–1983) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[53] Kay A. Orr, Nebraska (1987–1991)[54] Tim Pawlenty,[a] Minnesota (2003–2011)[55] Marc Racicot, Montana (1993–2001); Chair of the Republican National Committee (2001–2003)[56] Mitt Romney, Massachusetts (2003–2007), 2012 nominee for President (wrote in Ann Romney)[57][58] Arnold Schwarzenegger, California (2003–2011)[59] (wrote in John Kasich) William Weld, Massachusetts (1991–1997) (2016 Libertarian nominee for Vice President)[60] Christine Todd Whitman, New Jersey (1994–2001)[61] (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[62]

U.S. Senators[edit]

170px-John_McCain_official_portrait_2009

Arizona Senator and 2008 nominee for President John McCain

Sitting[edit]

Susan Collins, Maine (1997–present)[64] (wrote in Paul Ryan) Jeff Flake, Arizona (2013–2019)[65][66] (voted for Evan McMullin)[67] Cory Gardner,[a] Colorado (2015–present) (wrote in Mike Pence)[68] Lindsey Graham,[a] South Carolina (2003–present)[69] (voted for Evan McMullin)[70] Dean Heller, Nevada (2011–2019)[71] Mike Lee, Utah (2011–present)[72] (voted for Evan McMullin)[73] Mark Kirk,[a] Illinois (2010–2017) (wrote in Colin Powell)[42] John McCain,[a] Arizona (1987–2018); 2008 nominee for President[74] Lisa Murkowski, Alaska (2002–present)[75] Rob Portman,[a] Ohio (2010–present); United States Trade Representative(2005–2006), Director of the Office of Management and Budget (2006–2007) (wrote in Mike Pence)[28] Ben Sasse, Nebraska (2015–present)[24][76] Dan Sullivan,[a] Alaska (2015–present) (wrote in Mike Pence)[77]

Former[edit]

David Durenberger, Minnesota (1978–1995) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Slade Gorton, Washington (1981–1987, 1989–2001) (endorsed Evan McMullin)[79] Gordon J. Humphrey, New Hampshire (1979–1990) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[80][81] John Warner, Virginia (1979–2009); United States Secretary of the Navy (1972–1974) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[82]

U.S. Representatives[edit]

170px-Justin_Amash_official_photo.jpg

Michigan U.S. Representative Justin Amash
170px-Joe_Heck%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_1

Nevada U.S. Representative and 2016 nominee for U.S. Senate Joe Heck

Sitting[edit]

Mike Coffman, Colorado (2009–2019)[83] Barbara Comstock, Virginia (2015–2019)[84] Carlos Curbelo, Florida (2015–2019)[24][85] Rodney Davis,[a] Illinois (2013–present)[86] Charlie Dent, Pennsylvania (2005–2018)[87] Bob Dold, Illinois (2011–2013, 2015–2017)[32][88] Jeff Fortenberry,[a] Nebraska (2005–present)[86] Kay Granger, Texas (1997–present)[89] Richard L. Hanna, New York (2011–2017) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[32][90] Cresent Hardy,[a] Nevada (2015–2017)[91] Joe Heck,[a] Nevada (2011–2017); 2016 nominee for U.S. Senate[91] Jaime Herrera Beutler, Washington (2011–present) (writing-in Paul Ryan)[92] Will Hurd, Texas (2015–present)[citation needed] David Jolly, Florida (2014–2017)[93] John Katko, New York (2015–present)[94] Adam Kinzinger, Illinois (2011–present)[95] Steve Knight, California (2015–2019)[96] Frank LoBiondo,[a] New Jersey (1995–2019) (writing-in Mike Pence)[97] Mia Love, Utah (2015–2019)[98] Pat Meehan, Pennsylvania (2011–2018)[97] Erik Paulsen,[a] Minnesota (2009–2019)[99] Reid Ribble, Wisconsin (2011–2017)[32] Scott Rigell, Virginia (2011–2017) (endorsed Gary Johnson)[24] Martha Roby, Alabama (2011–present)[100][101] Tom Rooney,[a] Florida (2009–2019)[86] Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Florida (1989–2019)[32] Mike Simpson,[a] Idaho (1999–present)[14] Fred Upton, Michigan (1987–present)[102] David Valadao, California (2013–2019)[103] Ann Wagner,[a] Missouri (2013–present)[104]

Former[edit]

Bob Bauman, Maryland (1973–1981)[105] Sherwood Boehlert, New York (1993–2007) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[106] Jack Buechner, Missouri (1987–1991)[105] Tom Campbell, California (1989–1993, 1995–2001) (endorsed Gary Johnson)[107] Bill Clinger, Pennsylvania (1979–1997)[105] Tom Coleman, Missouri (1976–1993)[105] Geoff Davis, Kentucky (2005–2012)[105] Charles Djou, Hawaii (2010–2011)[108] Mickey Edwards, Oklahoma (1977–1993)[105] David F. Emery, Maine (1975–1983)[109] Harris Fawell, Illinois (1985–1999)[105] Ed Foreman, Texas (1963–1965, 1969–1971)[105] Amo Houghton, New York (1987–2005)[105] Bob Inglis, South Carolina (1993–1999, 2005–2011)[32] Jim Kolbe, Arizona (1985–2007) (endorsed Gary Johnson) Steve Kuykendall, California (1999–2001)[105] Jim Leach, Iowa (1977–2007)[105] Pete McCloskey, California (1967–1983)[105] (Democrat since 2007) Connie Morella, Maryland (1987–2003) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Mike Parker, Mississippi (1989–1999); Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works (2001–2002)[105] Tom Petri, Wisconsin (1979–2015)[105] John Porter, Illinois (1980–2001)[105] Joe Scarborough, Florida (1995–2001); commentator and author[110] Claudine Schneider, Rhode Island (1981–1991) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[106] Chris Shays, Connecticut (1987–2009) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Peter Smith, Vermont (1989–1991)[105] Mark Souder, Indiana (1995–2010)[111] J.C. Watts, Oklahoma (1995–2003)[24] Edward Weber, Ohio (1981–1983)[105] Vin Weber, Minnesota (1983–1993)[112][113][114][115] G. William Whitehurst, Virginia (1969–1987)[105] Dick Zimmer, New Jersey (1991–1997) (endorsed Gary Johnson)[116]

Former State Department officials[edit]

John B. Bellinger III, Legal Adviser of the Department of State; Legal Adviser to the National Security Council[16] Robert Blackwill, United States Ambassador to India; Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Planning (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[16][21] R. Nicholas Burns, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs; United States Ambassador to NATO; United States Ambassador to Greece(endorsed Hillary Clinton)[118] Eliot A. Cohen, Counselor of the United States Department of State[16][24] Chester Crocker, Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs[26] Jendayi Frazer, Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs[16] James K. Glassman, Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[26] David F. Gordon, Director of Policy Planning[16] Donald Gregg, United States Ambassador to South Korea[23] David A. Gross, U.S. Coordinator for International Communications and Information Policy (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] John Hillen, Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs[16] Reuben Jeffery III, Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment[16] Robert Joseph, Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs[26] David J. Kramer, Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor[16] Stephen D. Krasner, Director of Policy Planning[26] Frank Lavin, United States Ambassador to Singapore; Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Robert McCallum, United States Ambassador to Australia; Acting United States Deputy Attorney General[16] Richard Miles, United States Ambassador to Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, and Georgia; Acting United States Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan[26] Roger Noriega, Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs[26] John Osborn, Member of the U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy[26] Kristen Silverberg, Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs[16] William Howard Taft IV, Legal Adviser of the Department of State; United States Ambassador to NATO; United States Deputy Secretary of Defense[16] Shirin R. Tahir-Kheli, Senior Advisor for Women's Empowerment; Special Assistant to the President for Democracy, Human Rights and International Operations (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[16][21] Betty Tamposi, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[119] Peter Teeley, United States Ambassador to Canada (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Robert Tuttle, United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[120] Philip Zelikow, Counselor of the United States Department of State[16]

Former Defense Department officials[edit]

Seth Cropsey, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations/Low Intensity Conflict & Interdependent Capabilities[26] Michael B. Donley, United States Secretary of the Air Force (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Eric Edelman, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy[16] Doug Feith, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy[122] Robert Hastings, Acting Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs[26] Tim Kane, United States Air Force intelligence officer; Chief Labor Economist, Joint Economic Committee[26] Mary Beth Long, Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs[16] Alberto J. Mora, General Counsel of the Navy (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Gale Pollock, Acting Surgeon General of the United States Army (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Martha Rainville, Major General, United States Air Force; Vermont Adjutant General[26] Michael Rubin, Defense Country Director for Iran and Iraq[26] Kalev Sepp, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations Capabilities[26] Matthew Waxman, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Detainee Affairs (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[14][16] Dov Zakheim, Comptroller of the Department of Defense[16]

Former National Security officials[edit]

Mike Baker, covert operations officer, Central Intelligence Agency[26] Tom Donnelly, Director of the Policy Group, House Armed Services Committee[26] Gary Edson, Deputy National Security Advisor[16] Richard Falkenrath, Deputy Homeland Security Advisor[16] Peter Feaver, Senior Director for Strategic Planning[16] Aaron Friedberg, Deputy National Security Advisor to the Vice President[16] Greg Garcia, Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for Cyber Security and Telecommunications[26] Michael Green, Senior Director for Asia, National Security Council[16] Paul Haenle, Director for China and Taiwan, National Security Council[16] Michael Hayden, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (2006–2009)[16] William Inboden, Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council[16] James Jeffrey, Deputy National Security Advisor[16] James C. Langdon, Jr., Chair of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board[16] Deborah Loewer, Director of the White House Situation Room (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[123] Evan McMullin, Operations officer, Central Intelligence Agency; Senior Adviser for National Security, House Foreign Affairs Committee (Independent candidate for President)[124][125] Paul D. Miller, Director for Afghanistan, National Security Council[26] Meghan O'Sullivan, Deputy National Security Advisor for Iraq and Afghanistan[16] Kori Schake, Director of Defense Strategy, National Security Council[16] Gary Schmitt, Executive Director of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board[26] David Shedd, Deputy Director of National Intelligence; Acting Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency[26] Stephen Slick, Senior Director for Intelligence Programs, National Security Council[16] Frances Townsend, Homeland Security Advisor[26] Kenneth Wainstein, Homeland Security Advisor[16]

Other former federal government officials[edit]

170px-Bill_Kristol_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Former Chief of Staff to the Vice President and founder of The Weekly Standard Bill Kristol
Phillip D. Brady, White House Staff Secretary; White House Cabinet Secretary (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[123] Paul K. Charlton, United States Attorney[126] Linda Chavez, Director of the Office of Public Liaison; 1986 nominee for U.S. Senator from Maryland[32] Jim Cicconi, White House Staff Secretary (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Scott Evertz, Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Tony Fratto, Deputy White House Press Secretary[127] Charles Fried, United States Solicitor General; Associate Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[128] Fred T. Goldberg, Jr., Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Tax Policy; Commissioner of Internal Revenue (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Theodore Kassinger, United States Deputy Secretary of Commerce[16] Bill Kristol, Chief of Staff to the Vice President and founder of The Weekly Standard (endorsed Evan McMullin)[129] Thomas Mallon, Deputy Chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities[130] Rosario Marin, Treasurer of the United States (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[131] John McKay, former United States Attorney (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[132] Andrew Natsios, Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development; Chair of the Massachusetts Republican Party[16] Daniel F. Runde, Director of the Global Development Alliance[26] Larry D. Thompson, United States Deputy Attorney General[16] Dan Webb, former United States Attorney (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[133] Peter Wehner, Director of the Office of Strategic Initiatives[14] Lezlee Westine, Director of the Office of Public Liaison (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[112][134] Peter Zeidenberg, Assistant United States Attorney[126]

State officials[edit]

Sitting[edit]

Spencer Cox, Lieutenant Governor of Utah (2013–present)[136] Kim Guadagno, Lieutenant Governor of New Jersey (2010–2018)[137]

Former[edit]

Greg Bell, Lieutenant Governor of Utah (2009–2013) (endorsed Evan McMullin)[139] Bob Brown, Secretary of State of Montana (2001–2005) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[140] Betty Montgomery, Attorney General of Ohio (1995–2003), Ohio State Auditor (2003–2007)[141] Sam Reed, Secretary of State of Washington (2000–2012) (endorsed Evan McMullin)[142] Mark Shurtleff, Attorney General of Utah (2001–2013) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[143] Robert Smith, Associate Judge of the New York Court of Appeals (2004–2014) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[144] Michael Steele, Lieutenant Governor of Maryland (2003–2007) and RNC Chair (2009–2011)[145] Diana Taylor, New York Superintendent of Banks (2003–2007) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[146] Grant Woods, Attorney General of Arizona (1991–1999) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[147]

State legislators[edit]

Sitting
Jack Ciattarelli,[a] New Jersey State Representative (2011–2018)[137] Neal Collins, South Carolina State Representative (2014–present)[148] Kurt Daudt, Minnesota State Representative (2011–present), Speaker of the Minnesota House of Representatives (2015–2019)[55] David Johnson, Iowa State Senator (2003–present)[42][149] Mark B. Madsen, Utah State Senator (2005–2017) (endorsed Gary Johnson)[150] Chad Mayes, California State Assembly Minority Leader (2014–2017) Charisse Millett,[a] Alaska State Representative (2009–present), Majority Leader (2015–present)[151][152] Ross Spano, Florida State Representative (2012–present)[93] Joe Sweeney,[a] New Hampshire State Representative (2012–present)[153] Jim Durkin, Illinois House Republican Leader (1996-2003; 2006–present)[154]
Former
Lois Sherman Hagarty, Pennsylvania State Representative (1980–1992)[156] Brian Lees, Massachusetts State Senator (1989–2007), Minority Leader (1993–2007)[157] Jack McGregor, Pennsylvania State Senator (1963–1970) (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[123] Will Weatherford, Florida State Representative (2006–2014), Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives (2012–2014)[93]

Municipal officials[edit]

Carlos A. Giménez, Mayor of Miami-Dade County (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[159] Danny Jones, Mayor of Charleston, West Virginia (endorsed Gary Johnson)[160][161] Aimee Winder Newton,[a] Member of the Salt Lake County Council[162] Tomás Regalado, Mayor of Miami[163]

Other public figures[edit]

Staff, advisors, activists, relations[edit]

180px-Ben_Shapiro_at_Mizzou_cropped_reto

Ben Shapiro, conservative commentator
170px-George_Will.jpg

George Will, conservative commentator
Ellen Bork, political consultant[26] Laura Bush, First Lady of the United States (2001–2009); First Lady of Texas (1995–2000)[165] Marvin Bush, son of George H. W. Bush, brother of George W. Bush and Jeb Bush (endorsed Gary Johnson)[166] Al Cardenas, former chair of the Republican Party of Florida[86] Patrick Chovanec, economist[26] Beau Correll, attorney, political activist (led Free The Delegates movement, filed successful federal lawsuit to unbind delegates)[167] Mindy Finn, political consultant, strategist, and activist (Independent running mate for Evan McMullin)[168] Darryl Glenn,[a] 2016 nominee for U.S. Senator from Colorado[169] Juan Hernandez, political consultant, co-founder of Hispanic Republicans of Texas (endorsed Gary Johnson)[170] Matt Higgins, former press secretary for New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Robert Kagan, former foreign policy advisor and speechwriter (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[32] Matt Kibbe, libertarian ideals advocate[32] Jimmy LaSalvia, co-founder of GOProud (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Sarah Longwell, political advisor Kevin Madden, spokesperson for 2012 presidential nominee, Mitt Romney[24] Ken Mehlman, former Chair of the Republican National Committee[32] Mike Murphy, political consultant and commentator (indirectly endorsed Hillary Clinton)[171][172][173][174][175][176][177] William F. B. O'Reilly, political strategist, conservative columnist[178] Patrick Ruffini, political strategist[32] Mark Salter, chief aide to John McCain (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[179] Randy Scheunemann, national security and foreign policy advisor[26] Steve Schmidt, campaign strategist[180] Gabriel Schoenfeld, former Senior Advisor to 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney[32] Lionel Sosa, political consultant (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[181] A. J. Spiker, Chair of the Iowa Republican Party[182] Stuart Stevens, political consultant and strategist[32] Mac Stipanovich, strategist and lobbyist; former Chief of Staff to Bob Martinez (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[183] John Weaver,[d] strategist[184] Rick Wilson, political consultant and former Republican strategist.[185]

Academics, journalists, authors, commentators[edit]

Glenn Beck, former Fox News host, radio host, columnist, and author (endorsed Darrell Castle)[186] Guy Benson, journalist[127] Michael Berry, radio host[32] Max Boot, author (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[32] L. Brent Bozell III, activist and writer[32] David Brooks, columnist[187] Christine Caine, evangelical author[188] Steven G. Calabresi, legal scholar and co-founder of the Federalist Society[189] Mona Charen, columnist and author[32] Joshua Claybourn, attorney, author, and former convention delegate[190][191] Ross Douthat, columnist[42] Daniel W. Drezner, professor of international politics at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, blogger[26] Richard Epstein, legal scholar[189] Erick Erickson, blogger (endorsed Evan McMullin)[192] Niall Ferguson, professor of history[26] David A. French, author and journalist[42] David Frum, columnist and speechwriter for George W. Bush (voted for Hillary Clinton)[193] Jeffrey Gedmin, author[26] Robert P. George, academic[23][194] Reuel Marc Gerecht, writer (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[26] Michael Gerson, columnist and speechwriter for George W. Bush[195] Jonah Goldberg, columnist and author (endorsed Evan McMullin)[196] Michael Graham, radio host[127] Mary R. Habeck, professor of strategic studies[26] David Harsanyi, columnist[127] Stephen F. Hayes, columnist[127] Quin Hillyer, columnist[32] Margaret Hoover, consultant and commentator[197] Charles Krauthammer, columnist (wrote in Paul Ryan or Ben Sasse)[198] Bill Kristol, editor, analyst Matt K. Lewis, columnist and commentator[199] Dana Loesch, author and commentator[200] Peter Mansoor, military historian (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[26] Meghan McCain, commentator, daughter of Senator John McCain (voted for Evan McMullin)[201] Michael Medved, political commentator, radio host, film critic[202] Beth Moore, evangelical author[188] Russell D. Moore, evangelical theologian, head of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (writing-in Ben Sasse)[23][203] Charles Murray, political scientist and commentator[204] Ana Navarro, strategist and commentator (voted for Hillary Clinton)[205] Tom Nichols, national security affairs scholar (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[26] John Noonan, national security analyst and commentator[206][207] Marvin Olasky, editor-in-chief of World[208] P.J. O'Rourke, humorist, author, H.L. Mencken Research Fellow at the Cato Institute (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[209] Mackubin Thomas Owens, national security advisor[26] Katie Pavlich, journalist[32] Daniel Pipes, historian and columnist[26] Danielle Pletka, foreign policy writer[210] John Podhoretz, writer and columnist[23] Dorothy Rabinowitz, journalist (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[211] Jennifer Rubin, journalist[32] Ben Shapiro, columnist and commentator[32] Bret Stephens, journalist[23][212] (voted for Hillary Clinton)[213] Charlie Sykes, author, radio host, MSNBC commentator[214] Ray Takeyh, Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations[26] Ruth Wedgwood, professor of international law and diplomacy[26] Jamie Weinstein, political journalist[42] Montel Williams, talk show host and commentator[215] George Will, columnist[216][217] Kevin D. Williamson, writer[218]
170px-Scarborough_Joe_-MBFI_2013_fRF_01.

Host of Morning Joe on MSNBC and former U.S. Representative from Florida Joe Scarborough

Business leaders[edit]

170px-Meg_Whitman_crop.jpg

Meg Whitman, current HPand former eBay CEO
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of Netscape; founder of Andreessen Horowitz (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[221] Mike Fernandez, founder of MBF Healthcare Partners (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[222] Seth Klarman, founder of Baupost Group (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[23][223] Hamid R. Moghadam, CEO of Prologis (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[221] James Murren, Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[224] Chuck Robbins, CEO of Cisco Systems (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[221] Paul Singer, founder and CEO of Elliott Management Corporation[225] Harry E. Sloan, former CEO of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21] Jack Welch,[a] former CEO of General Electric[226] Meg Whitman, CEO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise; former CEO of eBay; 2010 California nominee for Governor of California (endorsed Hillary Clinton)[21][23][227]

Republican groups[edit]

Penn State College Republicans[229] Kenyon Republicans[230] The University of the South College Republicans[231] Cornell Republicans (endorsed Gary Johnson)[232] New Mexico College Republicans (endorsed Gary Johnson)[233] Log Cabin Republicans[234] Texas A&M University College Republicans[235]

Edited by washparkhorn

13 hours ago, F250 said:

I could totally see Bloomberg instituting Death Panels.

Death panels basically already exist to some extent. And we should be more upfront with dying patients that while treatment might be able to keep their body alive, they need to question the quality of life.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

Remember when one of the apologies for Bloomberg's run was that all he was doing was spending hundreds of millions against Trump but wasn't going to attack any candidates?

Because I do.

Bernie's not the only one of them attacking him, but he is the only one who is going to face his attacks.

Feels good to be on the right side. Join me.

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Did I understand that Bloomberg ad correctly- that a lot of pro-Bernie attacks are coming from bots and this is one of the reasons to not vote Bernie?

This is the "vetting" that the centrists have been foretelling for years. This is what they have.

Decorum and aesthetics. They don't care about poor people, vulnerable people, they care about their Thanksgiving dinners being nicer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

What do you think about Klobuchar?

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Did Obama have to give approval for all
of those Obama references in Bloomberg’s ads, or was he free to use them because Obama is a public figure?

The latter, not because he's a public figure, but because everything a public official says in the course of their job is in the public domain.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah this thread sucks now we need to get back on track and talk about Bloomberg's visionary idea to take homeless people and turn them into the nutrient bars from Snowpiercer.

I thought the method was to peaceably relocate them into the ocean?