Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

hornhorn

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

So while this Coronavirus outbreak is going on you don't want any rules about who can enter the country legally?    And if there was anyone controlling who can say negative things about the president this site would be as dead as the last one is.  If you want control freaks, take a look at Bernie Sanders platform, take a look at the Green New Deal.  Watch how Democrats are told when to stand, when to sit, when to clap, and every other reaction during a SOTU address.  Trump is one man.  Today's conformist, authoritarian, oppressive, Democrat Party is legion and is a thousand times more of a threat to individual liberty and personal freedom than Trump will ever be.  Your party should change it's name to the Politburo.  It would be more accurate.

How I imagine you writing this post.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

So while this Coronavirus outbreak is going on you don't want any rules about who can enter the country legally?    And if there was anyone controlling who can say negative things about the president this site would be as dead as the last one is.  If you want control freaks, take a look at Bernie Sanders platform, take a look at the Green New Deal.  Watch how Democrats are told when to stand, when to sit, when to clap, and every other reaction during a SOTU address.  Trump is one man.  Today's conformist, authoritarian, oppressive, Democrat Party is legion and is a thousand times more of a threat to individual liberty and personal freedom than Trump will ever be.  Your party should change it's name to the Politburo.  It would be more accurate.

Wait a second so the GOP actually predicted the coronavirus years ago when they adopted travel bans that were struck down in the courts + started separating families at the border who were legally attempting asylum?   They’re genius.  

8 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fox News is on at the gym. 15 minutes in and every single Laura Ingraham story has had a Bloomberg angle. No mention of other candidates so far. Something has them spooked.

Well, trump seems spooked by Bloomberg so the message comes down to all to go after Bloomberg.

I've probably said, or sent tweets, about 15 times in the last week about how I "hate that sumbitch" when my friends ask me what I think about the Bloom.

I was listening to the assholes on the Commentary Podcast yesterday, and I did think they were pretty persuasive with the idea that if Bloomberg gets the nomination, any thin veneer or democracy that remains is pretty much whipped away.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It is always interesting when EMAW posts so we can see what's going on on Fox News and Infowars.

You asshats are just so close minded to anything that doesn't parrot your beliefs.  For the record I have never once even clicked onto a link for Infowars, never mind visited the site, ever.   The only show on Fox I watch more than once a week is Kennedy on Fox Business.  (And yes, that means I do not watch Hannity since both are on at the same time.)  I'm far more likely to watch or listen to podcasts of Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben, Dan Bongino, or Redeye Radio than tune into Fox.  You know less about what makes me tick and what makes me think than Bloomberg knows about agriculture.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You asshats are just so close minded to anything that doesn't parrot your beliefs.  For the record I have never once even clicked onto a link for Infowars, never mind visited the site, ever.   The only show on Fox I watch more than once a week is Kennedy on Fox Business.  (And yes, that means I do not watch Hannity since both are on at the same time.)  I'm far more likely to watch or listen to podcasts of Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben, Dan Bongino, or Redeye Radio than tune into Fox.  You know less about what makes me tick and what makes me think than Bloomberg knows about agriculture.

spacer.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So you only consume media that parrots your beliefs.

Got it.

43 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Did 12 Rules for Life blow your mind? Are you on the all meat diet now and supplementing with brain pills sold to you by Ben Shapiro?

1 minute ago, LABEVO said:

I don’t see problem with this.

You don't see the problem with a testy little man with a furious ego who makes everyone around him so instantly awkward that they try to defuse him with jokes immediately? Like dealing with a dad who will beat the unholy shit out of your mom the second something irks him so you try to wave things around him to distract him?

Cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Died of medical malpractice.

Modern doctors think that Harrison was the first of several presidents to die or come close to it because of feces-contaminated drinking water at the White House, which was then located downhill from and open-air shit-heap where the entire District dumped its wastes. Harrison died ("liver congestion" was also listed on his death certificate), Polk suffered a near-fatal digestive ailment, and Taylor also croaked it -- some docs believe the ice in that bowl of frozen cherries that did him in was frozen sewage water. John Tyler was the only prez from that era to survive his term unscathed and he rarely stayed overnight at the White House. In 1850 DC brought in a modern sewage system -- drained the swamp, for real -- and presidents stopped dying of natural causes in office until Warren G Harding, whose death came on the West Coast.   

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If you think this man will be a better president than Donald Trump, you're lying to yourself.

Because putting kids in cages and being upset about a person randomly playing music during a press conference are completely the same thing. 

By the way, what does the wheelchair even have to do with it?

Edited by Xian
Read more into it

1 minute ago, Xian said:

Because putting kids in cages and being a jackass about a cellphone going off in a press conference are completely the same thing...

Well, there was that time in '04 at the Republican convention when minors were randomly rounded up and stored in an impromptu prison. Lawsuit settlement was about $18 million.

Then there was his heavy handedness with the Occupy Wall Street protesters.

Let's not forget the Stop and Frisk policy.

He also believes the ACLU is an extremist organization.

20 minutes ago, Xian said:

Because putting kids in cages and being upset about a person randomly playing music during a press conference are completely the same thing. 

By the way, what does the wheelchair even have to do with it?

Kids in cages isn't really happening anymore. We just immediately deport them to Guatemala and then they're tortured and killed there. The public doesn't seem to care, so I don't see any reason to think Bloomberg would do shit to change it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, F250 said:

Well, there was that time in '04 at the Republican convention when minors were randomly rounded up and stored in an impromptu prison. Lawsuit settlement was about $18 million.

Thanks.  I wasn’t aware of that. This is a much better negative to bring up than the music playing in a press conference Bit. 

He types this...

11 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You asshats are just so close minded to anything that doesn't parrot your beliefs. 

Then he types this...

11 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I'm far more likely to watch or listen to podcasts of Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben, Dan Bongino, or Redeye Radio 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

On 2/17/2020 at 7:19 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Death panels basically already exist to some extent. And we should be more upfront with dying patients that while treatment might be able to keep their body alive, they need to question the quality of life.

Healthcare.  Will. Be.  Rationed.

It already is.

It's going to get more blatant.

Get used to it.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

fake news.  I can report after copious internet research that neither of his daughters are is (currently?) blonde. 

So neither daughter is currently blonde, but what about buxom?

And was either daughter blonde when she was 16?

Did that come up in the search?

PS- How old are his daughters currently? Was the camera developed yet when either daughter was 16?

On 2/18/2020 at 1:17 PM, Dnaguy said:

Ask a man that’s getting raped In the pooper if they’d trade being punched in the face multiple times or just continue with the raping.

I'm pretty sure he’d pick the punches. Even if an extra # of punches get thrown in, he’s likely to take it and be happy the raping had stopped.

Somewhere NowThis is like...

survivor1.gif

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Mayor Pete with the slam dunk.

This is more of a slam against Bernie than Bloomberg. Bloomberg has an advantage of the others that he can hang onto this race into the nomination. As others drop off, bloomberg will most likely gain percentages especially if this race continues to devolve into hardened camps.

Will a Pete supporter jump to Bernie after their fundamental differences spelled out by each? If the pete supporter just drops out too, Bloomberg rises without gaining someone.

The race would be better if it soon drops down to Bernie, Bloomberg and either Pete or Biden. Then voters and viewers can better contrast differences and electability against trump.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, Homercles said:

Yeah that’s it.  Control freaks about reproductive rights, what bills will be voted on in the senate, who is allowed to vote, who can legally enter the country, who can say negative things about the president, who can testify in impeachment trials...wait who were we talking about again?

There it is. Somewhere along the line back during the Cold War, we became fighters for capitalism more than for freedom. We conflated (or were helped to confuse? I really don't know.) market economy with liberty. Nobody is threatening the market economy. Some people want to contain the power and greed of capitalists. Just favoring a market economy does not make you a capitalist. Hit the link.

The meatheads at the MAGA rallies would all claim to be capitalists. They're not. They are cheerleaders for the capitalists who rob them.

I've never used the word capitalist as I have in this post. OMG! It sounds Marxist! Burn him!

One can distrust the GOP capitalists without being a communist. It would be hilarious watching the peons worship and defend the wealthy elite at the cost of the republic if it weren't so fucking tragic. Still funny if you can detach yourself, but it's hard to detach yourself from the decline of your republic which actually did stand for some good things much of the time. Now, not so much.

The flesh and blood supporters of this disaster are traitors to our stated values even if they're too stupid or partisan to see it. Getting rid of Trump won't be nearly enough to stop this malign plague.

• Like 5

Any notion that this doofus would fare well against Trump in the general was obliterated tonight. That was honestly the worst debate performance I've ever seen in my life; when he wasn't being disemboweled for his racist policing policies or for the sexual harassment, he was smugly looking into the camera and bragging about how much money he has. How can anyone honestly say he's anything but a more polished Donald Trump? 

Trump will likely refuse to debate any of the candidates, except Mike Bloomberg, who he will absolutely skin alive as he rolls to reelection.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's all a reality TV show for him.

“Not So Easy To Do What I Did” was a really telling statement to me. It’s like a smug, comeuppance you give to your frenemy down at the Club whom you sometimes play tennis with, when he’s trying to copy cat something you did and not giving the proper credit and respect your way.

Edited by Rougarou
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

“Not So Easy To Do What I Did” was a really telling statement to me. It’s like a smug, comeuppance you give to your frenemy down at the Club whom you sometimes play tennis with, when he’s trying to copy cat something you did and not giving the proper credit and respect your way.

Yep.

If Bloomberg gets the Democratic nomination our entire democracy is nothing but another bauble to be traded among the elites. It's already that in many ways, but this would just make it permanent and open.