Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

hornhorn

George Carlin's "Final Farewell to the World" seems appropriate. 

"There's a reason education SUCKS, and it's the same reason that it will never, ever, ever be fixed. It's never going to get any better, don't look for it, be happy with what you've got.

Because the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the REAL owners, now. The REAL owners, the BIG WEALTHY business interests that control things and make all the important decisions -- forget the politicians.

The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. YOU DON'T. You have no choice. You have OWNERS. They OWN YOU. They own EVERYTHING.

They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations; they've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the State houses, the City Halls; they've got the judges in their back pockets, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all the news and information you get to hear.

They gotcha by the BALLS. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying -- lobbying to get what they want.

Well, we know what they want -- they want MORE for themselves and less for everybody else.

But I'll tell you what they don't want. They DON'T want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that, that doesn't help them. That's against their interests. That's right. They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting FUCKED by system that threw them overboard 30 fuckin' years ago. They don't want that.

You know what they want? They want OBEDIENT WORKERS. OBEDIENT WORKERS. People who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passably accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime, and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it.

And now they're comin' for your SOCIAL SECURITY MONEY. They want your fuckin' retirement money. They want it BACK. So they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it ALL from you sooner or later -- 'cuz they OWN this fuckin' place.

It's a big CLUB. And YOU AIN'T IN IT. You and I are NOT IN the big club.

By the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long, beating you over the in their media telling you what to believe -- what to think -- and what to buy. The table is tilted, folks. The game is rigged. And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-workin people -- white collar, blue collar -- doesn't matter what color shirt you have on.

Good honest hard-workin people CONTINUE -- these are people of modest means -- continue to elect these RICH COCKSUCKERS who don't GIVE a fuck about them. They don't give a fuck about you, they don't GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU -- AT ALL. AT ALL. AT ALL. 

And nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care ... that's what the owners count on, the fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that's being jammed up their assholes every day. Because the owners of this country know the truth -- it's called the American Dream ... 'cuz you have to be asleep to believe it."

• Like 1

Have Bloomberg’s handlers placed him at a rally yet? I know his commercials appear as if he’s talking to a crowd but I’m fairly certain he’s in a studio with crowd noises added later.

Rallies themselves probably have a low conversion rate with the attendees. They’re pretty much your supporters already. However cable news seems to like to rebroadcast clips from rallies so they can comment on them. It’s free pr.

9 hours ago, Tom said:

To my knowledge he's had a bunch of accusations and lawsuits, but he settled and has had no convictions.  No different than Trump.

If I'm wrong I'm all ears and am willing to admit I'm wrong.  I just don't think ceding the moral high ground to Trump is a good strategy.  

I don't know, I made a decent effort at finding any news stories even hinting at assault and couldn't find any.  Again, I'm not trying to minimize the sexist comments etc.,

Bloomberg: "Look at the ass on her ; kill your baby ; those aren't women, they're just men in dresses ; we should change the rules so I can be in power longer, make it so ; the banks are innocent ; we didn't arrest enough blacks ; we questioned too many white people ; fill up the minority neighborhoods with cops ; it's good for banks to not seek black clients ; W is a great president ; the Iraq war was, and still is, a good idea ..."

b_t: "I'm not going to vote for that guy."

Libs: "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU OUR ENTIRE PLANET IS GOING TO DIE IF YOU DON'T YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bloomberg: "Look at the ass on her ; kill your baby ; those aren't women, they're just men in dresses ; we should change the rules so I can be in power longer, make it so ; the banks are innocent ; we didn't arrest enough blacks ; we questioned too many white people ; fill up the minority neighborhoods with cops ; it's good for banks to not seek black clients ; W is a great president ; the Iraq war was, and still is, a good idea ..."

b_t: "I'm not going to vote for that guy."

Libs: "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU OUR ENTIRE PLANET IS GOING TO DIE IF YOU DON'T YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

Yeah some people think 4 more years of Trump is a total nightmare.  Weird.  Just look at the economy!

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know, I made a decent effort at finding any news stories even hinting at assault and couldn't find any.  Again, I'm not trying to minimize the sexist comments etc.,

I'm not for or against Bloomberg, but the best I can find is that he was a pig chauvinist in the 90's. I'm not excusing it, but I can't find a whiff of anything at the Cosby/Weinstein level.

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I'm not for or against Bloomberg, but the best I can find is that he was a pig chauvinist in the 90's. I'm not excusing it, but I can't find a whiff of anything at the Cosby/Weinstein level.

I wonder if Cosby or Weinstein ever told a woman to kill her child in the womb.

Again, I know the conservative-core among you guys will be excited about this, but if you care about protecting the rights of every vulnerable population, Mike Bloomberg is your enemy.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I know it wouldn’t include swearing in Amy Barrett to replace Ginsburg so there’s that.

I have no idea how you're confident about this. Delusional.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I know it wouldn’t include swearing in Amy Barrett to replace Ginsburg so there’s that.

Would President Bloomberg nominating the judge of your choice offset his responsibility in getting Brett Kavanaugh confirmed?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Would President Bloomberg nominating the judge of your choice offset his responsibility in getting Brett Kavanaugh confirmed?

Kavanaugh was confirmed 50-48.  Had Toomey's challenger for the Senate prevailed and voted "no", it would likely have gone 49-49 and Mike Pence would have broken the tie.

Again, I'm not a Bloomberg supporter, but I think the Kavanaugh thing is a bit of a red herring.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

And what would 12 years of Bloomberg look like?

We wouldn't get 12 years of Bloomberg. The infrastructure to support a fascist Bloomberg presidency doesn't exist anywhere except on the right. That said, he's obviously 100% the worst of any of the available options (maaaaaybe not including Tulsi, I dunno there) is absolute human garbage, and every decent person should work just as hard to keep him from getting the Democratic nomination as they should work to prevent Trump's reelection.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

We wouldn't get 12 years of Bloomberg. The infrastructure to support a fascist Bloomberg presidency doesn't exist anywhere except on the right.

It exists in the center, centrists are anti-democratic.

If Bloomberg buys this nomination with an ad-bomb and a cadre of patron politicians (like the umpteen mayors who have endorsed him on the back of his massive financial support), then he is a much bigger risk for autocratic behavior than Donald Trump who, for all his bluster and corruption, is incompetent. Bloomberg is extremely competent.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kavanaugh was confirmed 50-48.  Had Toomey's challenger for the Senate prevailed and voted "no", it would likely have gone 49-49 and Mike Pence would have broken the tie.

Again, I'm not a Bloomberg supporter, but I think the Kavanaugh thing is a bit of a red herring.

Katie McGinty was a TERRIBLE candidate.  Bloomberg didn't get Toomey re-elected, Katie McGinty got Toomey re-elected.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

How do Mike's boots taste?

Must be good, because he's rich and can buy nice leather.

Man,  I wish I made Bloomberg coin.  I'm just telling you that the PA race wasn't because of Bloomberg, it's because Katie McGinty was a deadfish, uninspiring candidate with weak organization.  You want to find somebody to blame, blame Tom Wolf and the DNC for clearing the field for her instead of looking to a member of the Congressional delegation or a rising Mayor. 

These are my just my hot takes.  If it makes you feel better about yourself to label me a Bloomberg shill, go nuts, I'm not going to tell you how to stan.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

It exists in the center, centrists are anti-democratic.

That thesis is absolute garbage.  "The survey asks respondents to place themselves on a spectrum from far left to center to far right.  I then plotted the proportion of each group’s support for key democratic institutions."

Gosh, I wonder where people who tend towards the edges of the political spectrum are going to place themselves on that spectrum?  I guarantee that a significant fraction are not going to say "far ____", they're going to say "centrist", or some version thereof, because few people view themselves as extremists.  So, even though some of those polled WERE extremists, their results got lumped into the "centrist" bucket.

Never mind the fact that the difference in most of the responses was not very large.

I'll note for the record that you continue to be a shitty little troll, because even taken at face value, that "study" says nothing like what you characterized it as saying:  "centrists are anti-democratic".

You really need to stop.

Admittedly I don't know a ton (okay, anything) about the machinations of PA politics, but at the very least it's disheartening that a Democratic candidate for President gave $6M to a Republican senator's campaign, in which he eked out a narrow victory.

Also, Bloomberg is decimating local and state campaigns for Democrats all over the country:

• Like 1

Bloomberg is an odd case. He used to be a Republican but has many center and left positions. I think that is better than someone that can only offer up an opinion after they read the Democratic plank. And just because you don't walk the line of either party doesn't mean you can run under their flag.

Trump is not a Republican at least in how they defined themselves for the 50 years prior to his election. Wasn't he actually a member of the Dem party for a long time?  It's questionable whether Bernie is actually a Democrat or does he just labels himself with that tag to get the Dem nomination.

Bernie Bros seem very concerned about Bloomberg. 

• Like 1

Bloomberg is simply a more well-heeled Trump, which makes it all the more curious that his supporters seem to base their support on Mike's alleged ability to beat Trump.  If Trump is so awful that all that matters to you is beating him, then why the hell would you like someone like Bloomberg?  Seems to give the game away.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Bloomberg is simply a more well-heeled Trump, which makes it all the more curious that his supporters seem to base their support on Mike's alleged ability to beat Trump.  If Trump is so awful that all that matters to you is beating him, then why the hell would you like someone like Bloomberg?  Seems to give the game away.

Apparently everyone seems to have forgotten that politicians seem to lie about what they really stand for.  I mean, why would a billionaire want to President?  What possible motive could they have?  What a fucking joke.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Got damn, b_t sure as hell received the talking points this morning.

I just put him on ignore based on the past few days. I'm cool if someone wants to cheer on their candidate but at least show a limited ability to impartially discuss topics. Otherwise you're just an ad or troll.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I just put him on ignore based on the past few days. I'm cool if someone wants to cheer on their candidate but at least show a limited ability to impartially discuss topics. Otherwise you're just an ad or troll.

Did the same 2 days ago. 3rd person on my ignore list on this website. 

2 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Admittedly I don't know a ton (okay, anything) about the machinations of PA politics, but at the very least it's disheartening that a Democratic candidate for President gave $6M to a Republican senator's campaign, in which he eked out a narrow victory.

Also, Bloomberg is decimating local and state campaigns for Democrats all over the country:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bloomberg is an odd case. He used to be a Republican but has many center and left positions. I think that is better than someone that can only offer up an opinion after they read the Democratic plank. And just because you don't walk the line of either party doesn't mean you can run under their flag.

Trump is not a Republican at least in how they defined themselves for the 50 years prior to his election. Wasn't he actually a member of the Dem party for a long time?  It's questionable whether Bernie is actually a Democrat or does he just labels himself with that tag to get the Dem nomination.

Bernie Bros seem very concerned about Bloomberg. 

No he doesn't.

• Like 2

Just now, Pancho said:

Bloomberg scoring some really good Black endorsements today.

yall better get ya whiskey ready for Super Tuesday

This is incredible.

Black blue check marks on twitter turned a blind eye towards Kamala and Booker for Warren, then now have to watch her fizzle out while "stop and frisk" Bloomberg, who basically says every black man is the picture of a criminal, gets black endorsements.

Literally you could not write this primary any stupider. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is incredible.

Black blue check marks on twitter turned a blind eye towards Kamala and Booker for Warren, then now have to watch her fizzle out while "stop and frisk" Bloomberg, who basically says every black man is the picture of a criminal, gets black endorsements.

Literally you could not write this primary any stupider. 

Money . . . 

spacer.png