Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

hornhorn

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So, so bad.  The responses are hysterically funny, though.

Well, he's got more Hispanic blood in him that Robert O'Rourke does.  But I guess a stooge for Biden gets a pass with you guys.  He's got Sephardic blood him, which is much more Hispanic than your false messiah, Beto.  But you guys go ahead and back Bernie and watch your party fuck it up and lose to Trump, the most vulnerable candidate in 1000 years.  I promise you, you're gonna fuck this up.  There's no way you can't.  Bloomberg and Biden are your best choices in OH, PA, WI, and FL.  But there's no way you don't fuck this up because 2020 is the year you decided you to re-do your interior.  Great idea.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Well, he's got more Hispanic blood in him that Robert O'Rourke does.  But I guess a stooge for Biden gets a pass with you guys.  He's got Sephardic blood him, which is much more Hispanic than your false messiah, Beto.  But you guys go ahead and back Bernie and watch your party fuck it up and lose to Trump, the most vulnerable candidate in 1000 years.  I promise you, you're gonna fuck this up.  There's no way you can't.  Bloomberg and Biden are your best choices in OH, PA, WI, and FL.  But there's no way you don't fuck this up because 2020 is the year you decided you to re-do your interior.  Great idea.  

What?   What does "hispanic blood"  (whatever that is) have to do with the ridiculous wrongness of his comment?  And absolutely nobody in this MICHAEL BLOOMBERG thread is referring to our "messiah,"  Beto O'Rourke. 

Meh, you’re right.  I just find the Last minute endorsement from o’rourke to be curious.  And I Also see sanders not winning texas in a general but Bloomberg could. 

Well, not a big fan but Biden it is.  Where do I get a yard sign?   It’s on like Donkey Kong. Unless Warren has some miracle up here sleeve and I’d prefer that

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Do the right thing, Mike.  Drop out of the race and spend your money against trump.  Good lord, he could absolutely destroy trump through a billion dollar ad campaign. 

Could he? All of his ad spending evidently didn’t help.

Edited by formermav43

Do I at least get a free t-shirt?

Yang was singing Bloomberg's praises last night on CNN for the operational and technical team that he's put together and paid thru November. Including he hired most of Yang's team, and you have to wonder how much they've also reached out to Pete and Amy's teams.

Also the ex-VA gov on CNN said that there wasn't a legal problem with Bloomberg handing off his paid-for team to Biden or any candidate. I had wondered if that would be considered a political donation, obviously which would be in excess of the $5K personal limit. I don't fully understand that, but ok.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

13 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Could he? All of his ad spending evidently didn’t help.

It helped him place over much better candidates like Warren and in a much shorter time frame. He absolutely needs to be hammering Trump at every turn. He can do the dirty shit while Uncle Joe plays the statesman. His Coronavirus ads are pretty damn spot on. Keep running them as more Americans get infected. The lack of resources to fight this including knowledgeable government workers is directly on Trump who has dismantled our government. 

Edited by mdmost

It's hard to say if Bloomberg really wanted to be President but I guess he did. He seemed more worried that Trump would win. It's definitely better that he's dropping out to clear the field, and eliminate any spoiler role. Now he can work with Biden (& Bernie if Bernie wins.)

Warren should also suspend her campaign today. There is zero path for her to win. Yes, she can look to negotiate some policy changes or admin role but that's a bit self serving. Dems are better off to let it get down to Biden vs Bernie ASAP.

Bernie does have to worry that Warren would endorse Biden. She endorsed Hillary in 2016 over Bernie. Bernie is done if that occurs again.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Do I at least get a free t-shirt?

Yang was singing Bloomberg's praises last night on CNN for the operational and technical team that he's put together and paid thru November. Including he hired most of Yang's team, and you have to wonder how much they've also reached out to Pete and Amy's teams.

Also the ex-VA gov on CNN said that there wasn't a legal problem with Bloomberg handing off his paid-for team to Biden or any candidate. I had wondered if that would be considered a political donation, obviously which would be in excess of the $5K personal limit. I don't fully understand that, but ok.

Maybe all that talk about the Soros network was a little ‘boy crying wolf’ by the republicans and antisemites / racists.....

I mean, now you’ve got a guy who is going to fund a national presidential campaign from behind the scenes.... who’s a billionaire... who’s Jewish..... who’s a wall street titan.... who also owns a media company. 

Careful what you wish for fuckers. You may just get it.

Edited by Dnaguy

Bloomberg should start taunting Trump by stating that he planned to spend more money than Trump is worth. Or even what Trump claims to be worth. From my understanding, nothing gets under Trump's skin more than calling out his wealth. Stories from his Comedy Central roast was that joking about his wealth, was the one off-limits subjects for the comics.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's hard to say if Bloomberg really wanted to be President but I guess he did. He seemed more worried that Trump would win. It's definitely better that he's dropping out to clear the field, and eliminate any spoiler role. Now he can work with Biden (& Bernie if Bernie wins.)

Warren should also suspend her campaign today. There is zero path for her to win. Yes, she can look to negotiate some policy changes or admin role but that's a bit self serving. Dems are better off to let it get down to Biden vs Bernie ASAP.

Bernie does have to worry that Warren would endorse Biden. She endorsed Hillary in 2016 over Bernie. Bernie is done if that occurs again.

I think Bloomberg's votes are enough by themselves to finish Bernie.  Look at his percentages from last night.  His voters aren't supporting Bernie in any kind of significant numbers.  Moving those people to Biden pretty much ends it and I think that's what is going to happen.

Just now, kevwun said:

I think Bloomberg's votes are enough by themselves to finish Bernie.  Look at his percentages from last night.  His voters aren't supporting Bernie in any kind of significant numbers.  Moving those people to Biden pretty much ends it and I think that's what is going to happen.

I agree. I doubt that Bloomberg's support was ever very deep. If anything voters probably choose him because they disliked the others or just liked Mike's messages. Many of those voters can be easily recaptured, even though a few might drop since they didn't like the rest. I don't see Bernie capturing much Bloomberg support unless a few really like underdogs only.

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I'm still trying to understand why Bloomberg doesn't want Trump to be president they seem same same 

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, his money is staying in.

36 minutes ago, kevwun said:

His campaign staff is paid through November also, so they can be sent Biden's way.

Bloomberg's cash is also about more than defeating Trump. 

Watch for his apparatus to turn fire on the Senate campaigns.  If/when he pitches 10's million$ into each of the Senate races of Tillis, Collins, Gardner, Ernst, McSally, and McConnell, it'll be GOP bleating about upending Citizens United.

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm still trying to understand why Bloomberg doesn't want Trump to be president they seem same same 

Bloomberg is a billionaire Some 60X over and Trump only plays one on TV.

Bloomberg has said sexist shit and probably fostered what we’d call now a ‘hostile work environment’.

Trump full on Raped folks. Rape, rape. Not the date rapey half rape / lower case r kind. Full blown, against their will capital R kind.

Maybe both have a god complex. Maybe both are Misogynists, but they ain’t the same.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Liz waited until June to endorse Hillary, after it was clear she had enough pledged delegates to secure the nomination. What happened in 2016 can't be used to predict her endorsement this time.

2 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

Liz waited until June to endorse Hillary, after it was clear she had enough pledged delegates to secure the nomination. What happened in 2016 can't be used to predict her endorsement this time.

Actually it shows she’s a front runner.  She won’t back a potential loser.  She backs Biden and it’s over.  It will be Biden or nothing imo.  

On 3/5/2020 at 8:32 PM, Bama Chick said:

He listened to you!

Gee, I can't believe he didn't decide to open up an office in Texas considering how much he loves that one guy down here...

• 1 month later...