Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

hornhorn

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Hope Bloomberg was prepared to counter "Mike is a RACIST" from his opponents.  The Bros take no prisoners and they will burn the DNC and the election to the ground if it's not their guy.  To quote our most prominent Bro, BT, "This is the war".

Lol, dude literally had a policy where it became a right of passage for non-white men to be stopped and detained in certain areas in NYC, but no it's all just smears and tweets and it literally never happened.

6 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Hope Bloomberg was prepared to counter "Mike is a RACIST" from his opponents. 

You're not worried at all about his ineffective and racist policies themselves, just how they might be weaponized against him.

With as much cash as this guy is throwing around, watching people run interference for him for free is distressing. Have some fucking pride.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

You're not worried at all about his ineffective and racist policies themselves, just how they might be weaponized against him.

With as much cash as this guy is throwing around, watching people run interference for him for free is distressing. Have some fucking pride.

Get used to it. He's the biggest threat to Bernie Sanders.

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

For free seems a weird qualification.  If I was being paid to post 2 or 3 times a day would that make it less distressing?  Are you being paid to spam this board with all your feel the Bern talking points? 

I'm commenting on a Texas football message board about him.  Bloomberg ain't winning Texas even if he gets through the Bros and the majority of our posters reside in Texas.  There isn't any interference to run. You, however, pulled in that video from a twitter account of a national Bernie supporter.  Clearly Bloomberg is scaring someone, and it isn't black people.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

Hope Bloomberg was prepared to counter "Mike is a RACIST" from his opponents.  The Bros take no prisoners and they will burn the DNC and the election to the ground if it's not their guy.  To quote our most prominent Bro, BT, "This is the war".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

How do you feel about Bloomberg as a candidate and leader?

I prefer him to any of the alternatives. 2nd choice would be Bernie. 

And the reasoning, since I just made your head explode with contradictory implicated information, has more to do with how I rationalize what I expect to be Bernie's ineffectiveness at getting any of his policies through Congress.  

4 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

... has more to do with how I rationalize what I expect to be Bernie's ineffectiveness at getting any of his policies through Congress.  

What is it you envision the difference in their execution being?

- Bloomberg's policies will be more readily adopted by Republicans?
- Bloomberg being better able to convince Republicans to work with him?
- Bloomberg having longer/stronger coattails to get Democrats to beat Republicans?

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

How do you feel about Bloomberg as a candidate and leader?

Better than I do about Trump. Which is the same thing I can say about Sanders. Granted, that's true of probably almost any candidate. But I don't think most of the candidates to date have a shot in hell of beating Trump at this point. I'll vote for whoever wins regardless. But this is past the point of weighing my options for a perfect candidate or leader. This isn't threading the needle for perfection. There is a candidate in office and looking wonderful for re-election that is corrupt, borderline evil, and arguably a threat to our way of life. If I believe that is a certainty, then I'll take an Unknown who may be shitty over a proven piece of shit and roll the dice. 

For a guy who is so intent on Sanders being the candidate, and who is so flippantly dismissive of Bloomberg, why are you spending so much time here posting? You don't think he's a threat, you don't think he's a leader, why are you stomping around here at all? Shouldn't you be burning up the phone lines for your boy soliciting a dollar? The rest of us are just trying to figure out what we think the landscape looks like. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

For a guy who is so intent on Sanders being the candidate, and who is so flippantly dismissive of Bloomberg, why are you spending so much time here posting?

For fun.

You don't think he's a threat, you don't think he's a leader, why are you stomping around here at all?

For fun.

Shouldn't you be burning up the phone lines for your boy soliciting a dollar?

I'll be doing that tonight if the lines are up.

I can switch around between tabs at work, but being on the phone would be a little more obvious.

The rest of us are just trying to figure out what we think the landscape looks like. 

In order to do so clearly, you should hear perspectives that aren't completely laughable like "Oh man Mike Bloomberg is so tough and manly!" and "Donald Trump would be so scared of Bloomberg on a debate stage!"

Just objectively and openly stupid bullshit isn't going to help you understand anything.

18bb_pop.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disabl

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What is it you envision the difference in their execution being?

- Bloomberg's policies will be more readily adopted by Republicans?
- Bloomberg being better able to convince Republicans to work with him?
- Bloomberg having longer/stronger coattails to get Democrats to beat Republicans?

Why do you keep trying to slightly reframe things I write into questions you wish me to answer? I didn't compare their execution. What I wrote was that I believe Bernie will be ineffective in getting his policies through Congress.  

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

For fun.

For fun.

I'll be doing that tonight if the lines are up.

I can switch around between tabs at work, but being on the phone would be a little more obvious.

In order to do so clearly, you should hear perspectives that aren't completely laughable like "Oh man Mike Bloomberg is so tough and manly!" and "Donald Trump would be so scared of Bloomberg on a debate stage!"

Just objectively and openly stupid bullshit isn't going to help you understand anything.

18bb_pop.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disabl

I'm glad you find the state of our country to be humorous. I'm also certain that your outright mockery and rejection of anyone who thinks differently than you warrants such scorn and condescension. Awfully liberal of you. Are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable telling some transgender people they're going to rot in hell, or maybe bombing an abortion clinic?

For a guy who sees himself as enlightened, and smarter than others, I'm sure you'll take zero responsibility how attitudes like yours helped divide this country in the first place. Which is fitting, you seem to have a lot more in common with most of the mindless Trump people I see than you do someone who I'd consider to be progressive. I guess I forgot that the language of Troll transcends simple things like political ideology. 

Not a big fan of the Ignore User function, but I guess sometimes it just makes sense. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'm glad you find the state of our country to be humorous. I'm also certain that your outright mockery and rejection of anyone who thinks differently than you warrants such scorn and condescension. Awfully liberal of you. Are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable telling some transgender people they're going to rot in hell, or maybe bombing an abortion clinic?

For a guy who sees himself as enlightened, and smarter than others, I'm sure you'll take zero responsibility how attitudes like yours helped divide this country in the first place. Which is fitting, you seem to have a lot more in common with most of the mindless Trump people I see than you do someone who I'd consider to be progressive. I guess I forgot that the language of Troll transcends simple things like political ideology. 

Not a big fan of the Ignore User function, but I guess sometimes it just makes sense. 

I see you’ve become acquainted with the cloak room obsessed Bernie bro.

Once Captain Charisma gets on the stump? It's OVER for these hoes.

I mean, doesn't this just get your red blood pumping? Makes me want to ride a Harley down Route 66 and eat a cheeseburger and salute a troop.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Bernie Bro: "lol your candidate sucks and so do your ideas."

Conservative: "I AM A HOLOCAUST VICTIM NOW!"

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I spent my entire time on Shaggy/Surly avoiding the Cloak Room, thinking I understood mostly what lived within here. But the state of the country and this election round have me concerned enough to come in here and try to learn more about the candidates. Guess that was my mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I spent my entire time on Shaggy/Surly avoiding the Cloak Room, thinking I understood mostly what lived within here. But the state of the country and this election round have me concerned enough to come in here and try to learn more about the candidates. Guess that was my mistake. 

Sorry if you feel like you have been victimized. Perhaps corporate media has given a little brain fog. So, pop quiz:

Which story should the corporate media cover? 

Bloomberg's stances on race?

or

Those mean Sanders supporters online?

Sydney - no offense, but the media silo you find yourself trapped does not serve you well. The concentrated media likes you (and others like you) trapped in a pen - where they can feed you the same pablum over and over again. It's not your fault. Media silos have become a large problem in American politics. They are media bubbles that feed you confirmation bias. A poorly informed electorate is the intended and expected result from the creation of media silos. You are not alone. 

The work for you is in the battle between Enkrateia (making positive choices for positive outcomes) and Akrasia (negative choices because of immediate gratification). To Aristotle, Enkrateia is the foundation of all virtue. 

tldr - go out and do good in the world. 

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Sorry if you feel like you have been victimized. Perhaps corporate media has given a little brain fog. So, pop quiz:

Which story should the corporate media cover? 

Bloomberg's stances on race?

or

Those mean Sanders supporters online?

Sydney - no offense, but the media silo you find yourself trapped does not serve you well. The concentrated media likes you (and others like you) trapped in a pen - where they can feed you the same pablum over and over again. It's not your fault. Media silos have become a large problem in American politics. They are media bubbles that feed you confirmation bias. A poorly informed electorate is the intended and expected result from the creation of media silos. You are not alone. 

The work for you is in the battle between Enkrateia (making positive choices for positive outcomes) and Akrasia (negative choices because of immediate gratification). To Aristotle, Enkrateia is the foundation of all virtue. 

tldr - go out and do good in the world. 

I'm sorry, I've read your post twice now, and I fail to see the point at all. I'm trapped in a Media silo because...why exactly? My limited experience here with a couple sanders people here being borderline counter-productive and contemptuous of those who don't think Sanders can win a presidential election? I don't spend a lot of time reading much of the garbage from news outlets, they're either biased or toothless these days. I don't have twitter. But this is the second time you've essentially casually implied I'm some kind of stupid rube in this thread because, again, I'm not as aghast at the idea of electing Michael Bloomberg as you wonderful idealists who have had smashing success thus far. 

I do good in the world. All the time. Thanks for again condescending. It does seem to be a habit with you. And you know what I would consider doing good? Getting Donald Trump out of office.

• Fuck You 1

Wait . . . am I supposed to not support Bloomberg in a national election because he's a racist, when he's running against a racist?

Seems like those negatives cancel each other out.  On to the next issues, all of which lean heavily Bloomberg.

THIS ISN'T HARD.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait . . . am I supposed to not support Bloomberg in a national election because he's a racist, when he's running against a racist?

Seems like those negatives cancel each other out.  On to the next issues, all of which lean heavily Bloomberg.

THIS ISN'T HARD.

More than just a racist v. racist - 

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

More than just a racist v. racist - 

I don't give a flying fuck if Bloomberg is a Republican.  He's not Donald Trump.  He's not a moron, he's not anywhere near the megalomaniac, and he's not my choice, but for fuck's sake, be a little practical here.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Worry about the general when the general comes. We're talking about the primary.

You LITERALLY (and by that I mean in the actual sense, not my teenagers' version) just posted this:

"How do you feel about Bloomberg as a candidate and leader?"

And Bloomberg is on the same level as Trump on women:

In a 1998 filing, Mary Ann Olszewski reported that “male employees from Mr. Bloomberg on down” routinely belittled women at the company—a pattern of harassment, she said, that culminated in her being raped in a Chicago hotel room by a Bloomberg executive who was also her direct superior. The case was dismissed (not, apparently, on its merits, but rather because Olszewski’s attorney had missed the deadlines to respond to a motion to end the case). Before it was, though, in a deposition relating to the suit, Bloomberg testified that he wouldn’t consider Olszewski’s rape allegation to be genuine unless there were “an unimpeachable third-party witness” to corroborate her claims. (Asked by a lawyer how such a person might happen to witness a rape, Bloomberg replied, “There are times when three people are together.”)

“Bloomberg’s Sexual Blind Spot” is how The Village Voice summed it up in 2001. “Anti-woman obnoxiousness,” Cord Jefferson, then at Gawker, called it in 2013. Part of that obnoxiousness involves the many reports related to what Bloomberg once told a reporter: “I like theater, dining, and chasing women.” (He elaborated: “Let me put it this way: I am a single, straight billionaire in Manhattan. What do you think? It’s a wet dream.”) In his 1997 autobiography, Bloomberg by Bloomberg, the mogul bragged about keeping “a girlfriend in every city” during his years working as a Wall Street stock trader in the 1960s and ’70s. He is reported to have said, of the computer terminal that made his fortune, “It will do everything, including give you [oral sex]. I guess that puts a lot of you girls out of business.”

There’s more: Bloomberg reportedly saying to a journalist and the journalist’s friend, as he gazed at a woman at a holiday party, “Look at the ass on her.” (He denied having made that comment.) Bloomberg, according to a top aide, seeing attractive women and reflexively remarking, “Nice tits.” Bloomberg, mocking Christine Quinn, the then-speaker of New York’s City Council, for going too long between hair colorings. (“The couple of days a week before I need to get my hair colored,” Quinn once said, “he’ll say, ‘Do you pay a lot to make your hair be two colors? Because now it’s three with the gray.’”) Bloomberg mocking Quinn again, she said, for failing to wear heels at public events. (“I was at a parade with him once and he said, ‘What are those?’ and I said, ‘They’re comfortable,’ and he said, ‘I never want to hear those words out of your mouth again.’”) Bloomberg, quoted by colleagues as saying, “If women wanted to be appreciated for their brains, they’d go to the library instead of to Bloomingdale’s.” Bloomberg being asked in a deposition, “Have you ever made a comment to the effect that you would like to ‘do that piece of meat,’ or I’d ‘do her in a second’?” Bloomberg replying, “I don’t recall ever using the term meat at all.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/09/mike-bloomberg-comments-women-metoo/570448/

Bloomberg will get trounced by Trump because he is almost as bad as Trump on so many issues. 

Is there an analysis of America's problems besides "Donald Trump!"?

Yes, he's absolutely terrible, but this focus on him as a singular vision of American Horror is fucking childish. If you get rid of Trump and either maintain or even exacerbate the inequality and rot that got him here, you've accomplished nothing at all.

There are ways in which other options would be worse than Donald Trump. A massive one regards foreign wars. If Bloomberg is more trigger happy than Trump, he will be WORSE than Donald Trump. Another George W Bush would be WORSE than Donald Trump.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is there an analysis of America's problems besides "Donald Trump!"?

Yes, he's absolutely terrible, but this focus on him as a singular vision of American Horror is fucking childish. If you get rid of Trump and either maintain or even exacerbate the inequality and rot that got him here, you've accomplished nothing at all.

I remain incredulous at the stupidity of Libertarians and other far-left Democrats.

If you enable Trump to retain the Presidency, there could quite literally be no country left to support in your lifetime.  As usual, I admonish you to grow the fuck up.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

And anyone who buys his way out of voter imposed term limits, is anti-democratic and paving the way for other authoritarians, including the one who holds office. 

Bloomberg is running to save his immense wealth, since he didn't trust the other candidates to protect his wealth. 

If his goal is to preserve his wealth, shouldn’t he hope the Dems nominate a losing candidate?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If you enable Trump to retain the Presidency, there could quite literally be no country left to support in your lifetime.  As usual, I admonish you to grow the fuck up.

Indeed.

Donald Trump is not going to end the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America.

He is a far worse president than Barack Obama.

He is a somewhat better president than George W Bush, who was equally stupid, significantly more bloodthirsty, and even less able to resist the pull of the corporate bloodfiends who drive Republican policy. Trump, at least, has an ego. 

Yeah, his comments really aren't making a dent from what I've seen and heard all day.  Trust me when I say this--if Blacks deem Bloomberg is the best to beat Trump, they (we) will vote for him. 

Actually, from what I've seen today, most people are pretty much saying "if you think those comments are racist, then what about all the shit Trump has said?"  which is where I am on this issue. 

Trump and his sycophants calling Bloomberg a racist is nothing more than a ploy to try and get more Black voters, which should tell you all you need to know about Trump, Republicans, and Conservatives--they view Black people as nothing more than props. 

• Like 5