Temple at South Florida

Walden Ponderer

This might actually be a good game. If, you know, by good game you mean "competitive."

And if by "competitive" you mean, "Holy shit, Temple keeps shitting the bed instead of putting these jokers away."

So, other than the sloppy play, questionable coaching, apathetic announcing, and fans who couldn't find anything better to do on a Florida Thursday night, you know... hey, good game.

For those who didn't see the end.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/11/8/20954718/usf-football-embarrassed-at-home-17-7-versus-temple

With 2:06 left in the game and two timeouts left, the Bulls (4-5, 2-3 AAC) offense took the field to attempt to score to make it a one-possession game. After an incompletion on first down, redshirt freshman quarterback Jordan McCloud found tight end Mitchell Wilcox for a four-yard gain and was tackled in bounds. Head coach Charlie Strong didn’t call a timeout. On third down McCloud was sacked for the ninth and final time. Still no timeout.

When asked about not using the timeout Strong said, well, it doesn’t really make sense what Strong said. See for yourself.

“We had it, we felt like that could, you know, get the ball out and then go ahead to move it. I mean, they didn’t, they [the timeouts] don’t have anything to do with them. I mean, you’re down 10, it’s just move the ball.”

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

"We had it, we felt like that could, you know, get the ball out and then go ahead to move it. I mean, they didn’t, they [the timeouts] don’t have anything to do with them. I mean, you’re down 10, it’s just move the ball.”

I think "It's just move the ball" may be my favorite new coachspeak phrase. I have no idea what the fuck it's supposed to mean, but it sure is pretty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
56 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

One guess. 

0914_Longhorns_470x608.jpg

I don't know if I've ever been so triggered by one picture.

Meh.  He only stole $3MM from the school, was an absolute clusterfuck all-around, did everything he could to drive our programs into the ground and became the most despised person every associated with Texas athletics (yes, even more than Polonsky). 

So not a huge deal.   

On 11/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, Colonel Sanders said:

For those who didn't see the end.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/11/8/20954718/usf-football-embarrassed-at-home-17-7-versus-temple

With 2:06 left in the game and two timeouts left, the Bulls (4-5, 2-3 AAC) offense took the field to attempt to score to make it a one-possession game. After an incompletion on first down, redshirt freshman quarterback Jordan McCloud found tight end Mitchell Wilcox for a four-yard gain and was tackled in bounds. Head coach Charlie Strong didn’t call a timeout. On third down McCloud was sacked for the ninth and final time. Still no timeout.

When asked about not using the timeout Strong said, well, it doesn’t really make sense what Strong said. See for yourself.

“We had it, we felt like that could, you know, get the ball out and then go ahead to move it. I mean, they didn’t, they [the timeouts] don’t have anything to do with them. I mean, you’re down 10, it’s just move the ball.”

IIRC someone from Louisville posted a warning on TOS to expect things like this.  He's not a good sideline coach.  Recruiter, maybe.  Position coach, maybe.  Coordinator, maybe.  That's his ceiling.