Ohio State defensive end Chase Young suspended

Parliament

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Another problem child recruited by the scumbag half of y’all were begging for.

Yeah this doesn't seem to be a scumbag issue. Weird timing and player for the NCAA to crackdown - this is the sort of minor shit they usually make quietly go away in the offseason.

Good god almighty. That greedy sumbitch accepted illegal money so his parents could fly to see him play in a football game for which the University that he plays for - for free - was paid multiple millions of dollars. What a fucking piece of shit!

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Good god almighty. That greedy sumbitch accepted illegal money so his parents could fly to see him play in a football game for which the University that he plays for - for free - was paid multiple millions of dollars. What a fucking piece of shit!

judge ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Scuttlebutt is he took money so is family could fly to the rose bowl.  Nothing will happen 

outside of him missing games?

11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

he’s paid roughly $200,000 over the four years of his scholarship. 

$50k/year with great benefits is pretty unbeatable right out of high school. 

• Like 3

Not applicable here, but CFP does give every player $2,500 for friends/family expenses to the semis and championship. I know last year Rose Bowl was not a CFP game - just pointing out it's not like players are totally shut out at the top level.

I suspect tOSU knew this might take a little time, thus they get through the Wisconsin game and try to get it resolved during the bye week. NCAA being what it is, process took a little longer but they have Maryland and Rutgers coming up so who cares.

20 minutes ago, futureman said:

outside of him missing games?

he’s paid roughly $200,000 over the four years of his scholarship. 

$50k/year with great benefits is pretty unbeatable right out of high school. 

He's not paid roughly $200,000 over the four years of his scholarship.  He receives goods/services valued at roughly $200,000 over the four years of his scholarship. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

and?

And you can't exchange those goods and services for things like food or entertainment or family medical bills or plane tickets for your family to watch you play in the Rose Bowl. Those things require cash.

Edited by TXSooner518

Just now, futureman said:

and?

Those goods and services aren't transferrable.  There is a reason why you don't accept store credit as your salary, or why every kid would rather get cash for their birthday.  I hate the can't afford a pizza while the school makes millions argument, but I also don't misrepresent what they are receiving. 

they’re receiving $200,000 of education that provides them the opportunity to make much more over the course of their lives if they aren’t morons.  in return all they have to do is accept the role of campus god and play the game that they love.  they’re not playing for free and to suggest it equates to a staggering level of ignorance. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

they’re receiving $200,000 of education that provides them the opportunity to make much more over the course of their lives if they aren’t morons.  in return all they have to do is accept the role of campus god and play the game that they love.  they’re not playing for free and to suggest it equates to a staggering level of ignorance. 

NM I see you were referring to the original post you responded to.  I agree.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

While we're remembering high points of NCAA enforcement

Tunsil did more than that. That is just the reason the NCAA used to punish him. After being picked by the Miami Dolphins, screen shots of texts where Tunsil was asking a Ole Miss coach for money emerged. He was asked about that in his press conference, to which he replied, “I’d have to say yeah”.

Edited by Bevo

So do kids on academic scholarship. Are they punished for flying their families to the Math Bowl via a gift from a third party?

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

Yeah man, those slav-- i mean, players, should be gracious they receive room and board while they do their slave wor-- i mean, play football.

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah man, those slav-- i mean, players, should be gracious they receive room and board while they do their slave wor-- i mean, play football.

I’ll take a ham and cheese on rye.  don’t be shy with the mayo.  and I’d appreciate a little hussle on that. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Mustard>Mayo

Both, more better: "Ham and Swiss, Emmenthaler if you have it. On sourdough. Mayo on the cheese side, mustard on the ham side. Here's a twenty, put that sandwich on the table in less than five minutes and keep the change."

1 hour ago, futureman said:

It’s like 28k a year for an out of state student to go to tOSU, about $12k for in state. Over 4 years that’s not really all that close to $200k. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

Wasn't Urban in charge in 2018? I wonder what he knows about all of this.

Yes.  So another reason for SC to hire him.  If they sell their soul and hire him anyway, that will say a lot about a morally bankrupt university.