Gucci Mane "Eyes of Texas" remix

Goo Punch

Bitches! How old are some of you? Fuckin Brat was probably tapping his finger to that. Having someone relevant sample the Eyes while on campus being broadcast out to millions of people is pretty cool. Motherfucker wasn’t trying to replace it. Sensitive y’all are. Just enjoy someone else appreciating the venue and audience. 

And I was born in 76. Hook ‘em. Would rather have Bob Cole’s shitty voice piping through the speakers making the crowd cringe... like game day. 

Edited by Droopy
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Can someone post the words?  I could not understand anything he was saying.

A to the motherfuckin' K

The last words they hear as the smoke appears

Cheers

To their motherfuckin' families

For staring at me

When I'm goin' gun happy

Fuck 'em

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

The modal surly poster is a 40-50 year old white dude.  I'm shocked this remix didn't go over well here.  

You mean because we're not old enough for our ears to have stopped working and not young enough to be fucking retarded when it comes to music?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Bitches! How old are some of you? Fuckin Brat was probably tapping his finger to that. Having someone relevant sample the Eyes while on campus being broadcast out to millions of people is pretty cool. Motherfucker wasn’t trying to replace it. Sensitive y’all are. Just enjoy someone else appreciating the venue and audience. 

And I was born in 76. Hook ‘em. Would rather have Bob Cole’s shitty voice piping through the speakers making the crowd cringe... like game day. 

Weird flex but ok 

• Like 1

ok so we have jimmy fallon in town, which brings some nice pub to the school and city, but which also moves the needle zero percent for anyone born after the mid-90's. His musical guest, Gucci Mane, is one of the biggest rap stars in the world, and someone who is listened to by a huge majority of our athletes and the kids we want to recruit. They ask Gucci to write a song to the tune of The Eyes like five minutes before the show (he was clearly reading all of the lyrics off a screen, the dude literally just wrote the song) which will go viral and go over huge with our athletes and prospective recruits, so *of course* the completely tone deaf response from our posters is rage, anger, and bewilderment. you guys could fuck up a wet dream. quit bitching about how you don't like rap music or how the lyrics aren't about UT and just appreciate this for what it is. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

ok so we have jimmy fallon in town, which brings some nice pub to the school and city, but which also moves the needle zero percent for anyone born after the mid-90's. His musical guest, Gucci Mane, is one of the biggest rap stars in the world, and someone who is listened to by a huge majority of our athletes and the kids we want to recruit. They ask Gucci to write a song to the tune of The Eyes like five minutes before the show (he was clearly reading all of the lyrics off a screen, the dude literally just wrote the song) which will go viral and go over huge with our athletes and prospective recruits, so *of course* the completely tone deaf response from our posters is rage, anger, and bewilderment. you guys could fuck up a wet dream. quit bitching about how you don't like rap music or how the lyrics aren't about UT and just appreciate this for what it is. 

Goo punch. mynigga. These people aint ready for Gucci. imagine if we had hard hitters like zro and triple six.

54 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Jesus fucking christ

Again, it's not about the song and whether or not it's good. He clearly was asked to write the song last minute, and it's good publicity for the school/football team. The number of people in here raging about it "not truly being a real remix to The Eyes of Texas", or about how the song sucks is hilarious. Lighten up you buncha angry, (mostly) old, white people. This was good publicity for Texas. Nothing more. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

quit bitching about how you don't like rap music or how the lyrics aren't about UT and just appreciate this for what it is

I think you may have identified the source of the shock and horror seen here. Nobody knows what it is.

Are you really of the belief that Gucci fans are familiar with "The Eyes" and made that connection? 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, Goo Punch said:

I'm an Old.  I didn't think it was terrible, though I'm in no hurry to hear it again.

But I think it's cool that we're getting attention no one else is getting (that I'm aware of).  Now if we could just win out and win the Big XII it would seem like appropriate attention.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Again, it's not about the song and whether or not it's good. He clearly was asked to write the song last minute, and it's good publicity for the school/football team. The number of people in here raging about it "not truly being a real remix to The Eyes of Texas", or about how the song sucks is hilarious. Lighten up you buncha angry, (mostly) old, white people. This was good publicity for Texas. Nothing more. 

When you consider how many people in this thread don’t even know who Gucci Mane is, I think it’s safe to say this song wasn’t meant for this message board lol. My god, man. Whether you like the song or not, it’s shocking to me that so many of you haven’t never even heard of him. But maybe I’m just coming to the realization that the vast majority of posters on this board are boomers and gen Xers. This is part of what happens when you get old. I don’t like most of the rap that Gen Z likes. Gucci Mane is more popular with people born between 86ish to 92ish. Also, this goes without saying but this isn’t his best work. And why would it be. He was asked to do something and he did his best to make it work 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Did you expect anything different? Gucci is not going to get a reaction from this board. Now if these same exact lyrics were done by some shitty band like Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters, they would be all over it.

Did you expect anything different? Gucci is not going to get a reaction from this board. Now if these same exact lyrics were done by some shitty band like Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters, they would be all over it.

Go fuck yourself. Not true. Song sucks no matter who it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk