40 years ago a 10th rate film was made creating this debate

MoJames

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nothing like having a debate where one side, by making their argument, is making the argument for the other side simultaneously. 

and the pythons sometimes let them hang themselves with their own rope, and sometimes pushed back. 

that was incredible. i've never seen it before (the debate i mean, of fucking course i've seen the life of brian)

if you ever need a poignant illustration of old people entitlement, take an hour and watch that. you hear a few supporters of the bishop and the other old guy, malcolm clapping really loudly at heir barbs, but most of the audience cheers louder for cleese and palin.

those dudes and their arguments illustrated perfectly why the world has gone in a more secular direction, and besides, they clearly missed the point of the film. they don't realize that jesus isn't who they were lampooning. it was them. they are the actual joke, and they did not get that.

• Like 1

LOB is one of my top 3 comedies.  The other two are Blazing Saddles and Animal House.  

I'd never seen that talk show, though.  Agree w/ Hayden, the completely missed the point of the film.  They absolutely are the men that Monty Python made a career lampooning.  They never got that they were the butt of the LOB jokes. 

• Like 1

I watched that on You Tube a year or so ago. The Pythons are quite formidable.

I read the review of Life of Brian when the movie came out and even that was a gut buster. I called my mother into the room and we shared so many laughs just from the review. Of course, the movie is brilliant.

"Of course he's the real messiah. I should know, I've followed a few!"