short stay in Brooklyn

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

2 nights but the bulk of 3 days, leaving 11/16.

Recs??  I think I'm staying in Williamsburg but not even sure of that yet.

TIA.

What do you want to do? Are you an old or under 40? Are you specifically wanting to stay Brooklyn? You should absolutely not leave Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Bushwick to go to some shitty tourist area like DUMBO. 

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

OG Grimaldi’s. Walk across the Brooklyn bridge. Some cool dive bars in williamsburg. Prospect Park is nice but might be too cold right now. Brooklyn Bridge Park has some nice views of Manhattan. 

Been there, loved it. There is a waterfront park right there under the bridge that I spent some time walking around. Go a couple more stops on the A train and you're at the new WTC and memorial.  Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is also pretty cool. But I'm a complete tourist when it comes to these things.

17 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

What do you want to do? Are you an old or under 40? Are you specifically wanting to stay Brooklyn? You should absolutely not leave Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Bushwick to go to some shitty tourist area like DUMBO. 

I'm a "young" 40-something, lol. Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to a show (some singer/rapper) at Brooklyn Steel on Sunday night. Other than that, I'm open....would like not to freeze my Texan ass off, but am interested in stuff like the botanical gardens and possibly Coney Island/aquarium. Maybe a museum visit but not really looking to spend a half day doing that. Will likely stay in the borough. Anyone been to any of the Brooklyn comedy clubs like Eastside or anything? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

For restaurants, both Olmstead and Ugly Baby are on my list, so those seem like obvious choices.

A few years ago I went to St. Anselm and fully enjoyed it.

Maison Premier was always one of my favorites for drinks.

From a brewery perspective, I've been to Brooklyn. I'm interested in the Mikkeller brewery in Queens.