Head of Campisi's under investigation as "large bookmaker"

C-Man

This news came out last week but apparently today investigators were pulling all kinds of stuff out of the Campisi's on Lovers Lane. Personally, I couldn't care less. Their pizza is barely edible but they do have toasted ravs at the OG location on Mockingbird.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/11/02/feds-investigate-owner-of-campisis-as-large-bookmaker/

Federal agents say the owner of Dallas’ iconic Italian restaurant Campisi’s is a large illegal sports bookie with ties to internet bookmaking websites in Costa Rica, according to a search warrant mistakenly unsealed by prosecutors.

David Campisi David Campisi(2015 File Photo / Staff)

According to the document, agents for Homeland Security Investigations and the criminal division of the IRS searched safety deposit boxes in February belonging to David Campisi, the restaurant owner and great-grandson of its founder.

They also searched the home of an alleged Campisi associate, Christopher “Gus” Schraeder, who has since pleaded guilty to a single illegal gambling charge. Schraeder, who lives in Fort Worth, admitted he operated as a bookie with at least five other people in an operation that brought in at least $2,000 per day. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Campisi has not been charged or arrested. His attorney, Michael Uhl, said he had no comment. A spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney’s office in Dallas declined to talk about the status of the investigation.

Edited by C-Man
Forgot the link
  • Like 1

I knew a guy who was a goon for a bookie. He hated it but was well suited for the work. He accidentally killed a guy once and swore off of violence after that. Part he said he hated most, outside of the accidental killing, was the faces of the children in the homes when he'd be toting out the family TV 'cause dad owed money to the boss.

Not gonna say much since Im really good friends with some folks that are good friends with the family.  

1)it’s shocking that anyone didn’t know This

2) sounds like a deal where a cop/politician or one of their family members got in too deep and rather than keeping it at a distance, they chicken-shitted out and charged them for it.   Bitches 

Italian restaurant running a booking operation. I’m shocked as well.

When I was a kid my uncle took me to see his bookie. The guy ran a video rental store. Remember when we used to rent VHS movies?

Dude had the gold chains and the whole bit. My uncle let me place a bet and I lost but luckily he covered because I was a poor at the time.

it was when Bo.jackson played for the Canadian league or some shit and I bet his team would win.

still have never bet on a game again.