Teeth Whitening

Zombie

Asking for a friend, what's the most effective way to quickly whiten teeth. In-office dentist treatment, over the counter treatment, some other option? I'm not talking Mack Brown level yellowing. But years of coffee, wine, etc...have left more yellowing than wanted. 

Dental office take home whitening (not in house whitening). In house whitening using a light shows a lot of immediate change but it dehydrates the teeth so as water enters back into the tooth a lot of the immediate changes will be lost. Moreover, it is a one time treatment as opposed to take home. And the dental office will be cheaper and more effective than OTC products because of the higher percentage of carbamide peroxide and low cost refills for the custom, dental office made trays.

27 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Dental office take home whitening (not in house whitening). In house whitening using a light shows a lot of immediate change but it dehydrates the teeth so as water enters back into the tooth a lot of the immediate changes will be lost. Moreover, it is a one time treatment as opposed to take home. And the dental office will be cheaper and more effective than OTC products because of the higher percentage of carbamide peroxide and low cost refills for the custom, dental office made trays.

I didn’t know why until now, but this is very true.

most of them just strip your fucking enamel so theres no free lunch.  gel shit in a take-home tray or built into the crest white strips work the same.  the strips are pretty effectively for a quick change in shade but if you have serious yellowing, you probably want something with more punch. 

On 11/11/2019 at 7:21 AM, smuggs said:

Trays from the dentist. They sell me this shit. I put them in for 30 minutes for a 3 consecutive night stretch once a month. They keep my teeth comfortably white but not so much that I look like fucking Joe Biden.

zoom_day_white_14_front.jpg

I just got this from the dentist last week and worn it the last couple nights and already seeing an improvement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zombie said:

I just got this from the dentist last week and worn it the last couple nights and already seeing an improvement. 

Tune those dirty zombie teeth up to the white level that you like and then dial it back to maintain it. It can make your teeth sensitive if you over do it.

3 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

What did you pay for them? 

$400. But I'll buy refills of the whitening solution online. I probably could have found something similar online for much less, but I wanted to consult with a dentist to learn about the options.  

5 minutes ago, Zombie said:

$400. But I'll buy refills of the whitening solution online. I probably could have found something similar online for much less, but I wanted to consult with a dentist to learn about the options.  

Isn't one of the advantages getting it through the dentist that they give you a higher percentage peroxide than you can buy OTC?

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

You spent $400 on the Phillips day white? Did you buy a 3 year supply? It's $20 for 3 syringes on amazon

I bought the night white. But probably similarly cheap on Amazon. I was paying for a dentist's advice before I started putting chemicals in my mouth.  Agreed, though, that it was a ripoff after the dentist advised me to use a product I could buy online. Though having the precise mouth guards made at the dentist's office is nicer than the mouth guards I would have made with a kit. 

8 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Isn't one of the advantages getting it through the dentist that they give you a higher percentage peroxide than you can buy OTC?

but you can always use more of the OTC, or for longer.  the risk is sensitivity by over bleaching.  so getting the "dentist version" just accelerates the process, rather than a safer/better alternative