Iowa State @ blOU 7pm on FOX

LTtxfan

Underdogs going for two overwhelmingly miss (unless they score too quick, in which case the other team goes down the field and wins with a FG).

Source of this data? Where are the numbers? Or is this your “guess”?

OU was on the ropes and ISU was scoring TDs pretty much at will. Extend the game first, then win it. I wonder what former 5 star recruit will transfer in to the Big 12 champs after they get stomped in the playoffs?

When a boxer has someone on the ropes do they want to finish them now or let them get to the end of the round, recover, and come out refreshed for the next round?

Also, guarantee if they kick and OU wins in OT the huge majority of naysayers would then say they should have just killed them when they had the chance.

And good news! We have our own 5 star recruit now!

4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Unfortunately, the receiver more in the middle of the field was wide open as 2 defenders went after the intended target.

I wish there was more publicity this morning on what should’ve been targeting on Lamb against the punt coverage guy. They missed a big opportunity to send a message to offensive players ducking their heads just before contact.

We said the same thing. That shit has to stop. 

9 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Going for 2 was absolutely the right call. As a Sooner fan, I promise you I would have MUCH rather they kicked at the time. For those saying ISU had the momentum, exactly. OU was completely rattled. OT lets both teams regroup and settle in. Take advantage right now.  Also, there weren't 0 seconds left on the TD. OU still has 3 timeouts and 25 seconds and a solid kicker. Even if ISU is 50% to win in OT (they aren't), they wouldn't be 50% to win the game by kicking, because OU will get a GWFG some percent of the time. 

Plus, ISU will have to beat OU's offense in OT. They just have to beat their D to get the 2 point conversion, which is obv much easier.

I think OU got on the bus to Waco at halftime thinking it was in the bag. Congrats to ISU on putting up a hell of a fight when lots of teams would have just lost 52-21. 

I would like to know if you say the same thing had ou lost.  ie I don't believe you.

These kids play for themselves and their corch.  They don't give a shit about what any of us think.  Every fucking player on ISU wanted to go for 2 and end the game.  Every real competitor wants to end the game on their terms, win or lose.  OT is chickenshit Bill Callahan NFL bullshit.  You really want OT to be exciting?  No kicks after regulation.  None.  If it can be removed after 2 OT's then it can be removed completely.

I bet if you asked every ISU player today, they have zero regret going for 2.  They played the game to the best of their ability and came up short.  It's 50/50 sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

• Like 1

Yes and I know exactly what you're saying after ou won the game, which was my point.

Well I guarantee during the game I didn’t want them to go for 2. I thought OU’s chances were much better in OT than to stop one play. You seem to agree with that so I dunno why you think I wouldn’t feel that way at the time.

15 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Well I guarantee during the game I didn’t want them to go for 2. I thought OU’s chances were much better in OT than to stop one play. You seem to agree with that so I dunno why you think I wouldn’t feel that way at the time.

This is correct.  In any sporting or game of competition the longer the game goes, the more likely the better personnel wins.  

• Like 2