Battle for the Soul of John Denver: TTU v WVU

DeadArmadillo

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if we don't win today, thermensa better get a case of dasani chilled for the monday presser.

The media will be ready after he went after them on his TH weekly show. They've taken it easy on him, not sure he realizes how this media market can be once proven a fool.

17 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

john denver attended tech.  he graduated from high school in arlington.  he was born at Roswell AFB.  his parents were from Denver.

west virginia's only claim to john denver is denver's use of the name of the state of west virginia in a single song.

carry on with transitive property doom.

I just fact checked you. He did not attend high school in Arlington, he attended Arlington heights high school in ft worth. 

carry on. 

2 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Jarret Doege, a Lubbock Cooper product, leading the Mountaineers down the field.  Will be too little, too late, but interesting to see a kid who was the younger brother of a former Tech starting QB who Tech did not offer, playing for another Big 12 team

I thought that name looked familiar.  

Ha, ha.  Seth Doege was the QB that introduced WV to the Big XII.  I think Geno Smith beat us the week before.  

"Texas Tech bounced back the next week on October 13, defeating then-no. 5-ranked (AP poll) West Virginia in a 49–14 upset. Doege threw for 504 yards (a career-high) and six touchdowns (tying his career high) in the victory."

2 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

It was just an attention catching title. 

Because if we really want to get down to it, some rocks along the shore of Monterrey Bay and a wayward experimental aircraft own his soul

I just went over to the wiki page and read about the crash.