Texas Christian vs Brazos Baptists

F250

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Still feel that way?

What has changed in the last 25 minutes that should make me feel any different? Baylor is a better football team than us. We have twice the talent that they have. They held them to 9 points in regulation. Rhule is so much better at coaching than Herman that it’s laughable.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Worst and luckiest 9 and 0 team in history.  Quite possible.  Coaches are stupid.   Anybody watching could tell Baylor had momentum to the nth degree.  Patterson has to make the call after the miracle catch to go for 2 and end the game.  There is no down side to the decision.  He is the underdog.  If he loses, no big deal.  His team was on the ropes.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

TCU got fucked today.   No way you take that score of Duggan's off the board.   Has to be absolutely conclusive and it simply was not.

Oh well. Shoulda scored on one of their 5 following plays from inside the 4 yard line. 

• Like 1

Somebody is going to have to tell the Baylor defense that they're supposed to give up a lot more points than they have been so far this season. I mean, if the narrative is going to continue then that will need to happen. 

Baylor's weakness is their offense but it was adequate against KSU and ISU. Oklahoma's "improved" defense must be getting figured out by someone because their last couple of games have not been optimal. 

I don't see this upcoming game against OUsux being a blow out loss for Baylor but then again Baylor is not yet used to being in this position, undefeated and in first place, and this would be a perfect scenario for an epic and totally Baylor collapse. 

On 11/9/2019 at 3:13 PM, Wally Pryor said:

TCU got fucked today.   No way you take that score of Duggan's off the board.   Has to be absolutely conclusive and it simply was not.

Taken by the TCU radio team sideline reporter immediately after the play.  I watched it 10 times on my DVR when I got home and I don't see how they overrule the guy running down the line right behind the play.  We still should've scored but geez between that, the Hunt hand catch and the false start saving them from an interception that would've iced the game, I'm not sure how I survived this one.  Great game but mentally and physically exhausting just being in the stands. 

1 hour ago, angelos's frog said:

Taken by the TCU radio team sideline reporter immediately after the play.  I watched it 10 times on my DVR when I got home and I don't see how they overrule the guy running down the line right behind the play.  We still should've scored but geez between that, the Hunt hand catch and the false start saving them from an interception that would've iced the game, I'm not sure how I survived this one.  Great game but mentally and physically exhausting just being in the stands. 

If I was the ref I wouldn't have overturned, at least based on the angles the  TV was providing. However, he was 100% out. My wife showed me a one of those short videos their (Baylor) Social Media teams puts together for games, and they had a shot of Duggan from the endzone up the line from like 15 yards away and there's no question about half of his foot is out of bounds. It was surprising seeing it because he's so obviously out, I couldn't figure out how there wasn't a better shot of it on the broadcast.

TCU is a terrible matchup for Baylor because the one thing Patterson gives up, the deep ball, is the one thing Brewer absolutely sucks ass at. He was bad for long stretches of that game and got outplayed by Duggan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

Looks like his heel, which is in the air, is over the out of bounds line.  Looks like his toes, which are on the grass, are in bounds.  

That's the one from the 6 yard line.  His foot is out of bounds at the 3.5, which is where they marked the ball.  

4 hours ago, angelos's frog said:

I'll agree with you wholeheartedly on how exhausting this game was. The false start save you mention, the couple of barely-misses in the end zone (one where y'all had the PI, the other where it was thrown about a foot too far), the 51-yard prayer kick, both teams scoring on 4th and goal in overtime, the non-catch game is over that became a catch game goes on... I was legitimately drained after this game. Helluva game, regardless of the outcome. Y'all have a real nice stadium after all the recent upgrades.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That's the one from the 6 yard line.  His foot is out of bounds at the 3.5, which is where they marked the ball.  

The 3.5 yard line looks the exact same. There is nothing conclusively showing his foot out of bounds given that we can tell (from the video) that his heel stayed in the air and never came down.

image.thumb.png.c88f2f227f553b4c238ee72f3a17fb07.png

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The 3.5 yard line looks the exact same. There is nothing conclusively showing his foot out of bounds given that we can tell (from the video) that his heel stayed in the air and never came down.

image.thumb.png.c88f2f227f553b4c238ee72f3a17fb07.png

Looks like his heel, which is in the air, is over the out of bounds line.  Looks like his toes, which are on the grass, are in bounds. 

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Yeah, he ain't power walking, heel to toe.  He's running on the ball of his foot and his toes.  But, it is what it is.  Just a tough way to lose after the euphoria in the stands after such an incredible effort.  A real kick in the nuts if there ever was one.  Anyway, Duggan is a baller and he's only going to get better.  It's just tough breaking into a league like the Big 12 as a freshman.  We only started one senior on defense too.  There is hope for the future.