Sassy Student Serially Struck by Splenetic Substitute 

Craftywidget

So will the student be suspended for trying to punch the teacher before the video started?

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/kyle-substitute-teacher-fired-after-video-shows-her-fighting-with-student/269-9d0cec6e-8ed6-4c4d-bf9c-826646c837b9

Also, not the first teacher at the school arrested in the last couple of years:

"We are shocked and disgusted after seeing the abuse and excessive force used in this teacher's attempt to discipline a special needs child," said attorney Paul Batrice on behalf of the student's family. "There is no excuse for this type of behavior. Given this teacher’s alleged criminal history of domestic violence and the video footage that has shaken our community, we have started an investigation into this teacher and Hays CISD in the hopes of ensuring justice for this family and so that no Texas student ever endures such extreme behavior again."

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/student-in-lehman-high-school-assault-video-speaks-out-about-incident/269-43991250-65fc-4d26-bf6e-712d3189ff8f

On 11/10/2019 at 2:10 AM, Helobious said:

If you’re seated and someone starts punching you, you have to quickly go at their legs & take them to the ground. It’s not like you’ll be in any worse of a position. Chick got her ass handed to her. 

I’m thinking that first punch knocked that little kid silly.

24 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

"We are shocked and disgusted after seeing the abuse and excessive force used in this teacher's attempt to discipline a special needs child," said attorney Paul Batrice on behalf of the student's family. "There is no excuse for this type of behavior. Given this teacher’s alleged criminal history of domestic violence and the video footage that has shaken our community, we have started an investigation into this teacher and Hays CISD in the hopes of ensuring justice for this family and so that no Texas student ever endures such extreme behavior again."

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/student-in-lehman-high-school-assault-video-speaks-out-about-incident/269-43991250-65fc-4d26-bf6e-712d3189ff8f

eda111b7fc8255c6c182cb154d3d96d3.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, RollLeft said:

I'd bet she argues the student provoked her.  No matter, her response is worthy of a felony.  Bye Felicia.   

This.  You're the adult, you don't beat the student's ass regardless of what started it.  

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This.  You're the adult, you don't beat the student's ass regardless of what started it.  

This is correct.
If the kid slaps the teacher for attempting to confiscate the phone, then it is off to the office for the kid... and the teacher should file an assault charge on the miscreant.

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It's like you wouldn't want to hire an abuser. 

This is correct.
If the kid slaps the teacher for attempting to confiscate the phone, then it is off to the office for the kid... and the teacher should file an assault charge on the miscreant.

This. Although I suspect the miscreants punishment wouldn’t be enough.

That said, can’t go apeshit like that. I hope they throw the book at this loser. Repeatedly.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not to defend this ragebag, but epilepsy or a seizure disorder, alone, does not a "special needs" kid make.  Epileptics are as normal as can be other than when they're seizing, and can be as big a shithead as you want.

Yep, my ex-DIL is a perfect illustration for that scenario.

I run into this phone  scenario often. School policies differ, but confiscating the phone is often the rule. However, I never grab at a kid's phone or touch them. Generally, I will ask them to place it in a location where they can see it at all times but it is out of reach and they can pick it up on their way out of class. Sometimes they cooperate ,sometimes not. These kids are married to their phones and the lower the economic standing of the student the less the chance you will get their phone. 

That being said, the sub was clearly out of bounds. Subbing is a miserable way to earn a dollar. I wish that all parents would spend a few days being a sub to experience the complete lack of any respect. And not in the honors physics II class at Lake Travis High.

• Like 1