Kansas State @ Texas - 2:30 CT on ESPN - Ding Dong the Purple Wizard's Gone!!

immamac

10 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I just don't understand why we don't take more advantage when we are running the ball down our opponent's throat. And yet again we almost coached our way out of what should have been an easy win.

This. We see it over and over again, and not just here at Texas. Yesterday we had gotten the running game going, were were running pretty much at will, had first & goal at the fucking 6, and ran a got damn trick play that  killed our momentum and cost us 4 points. Fucking stupid. 

You have a chance right there to not just score the TD, but do it in a way that imposes your will on the Defense and breaks their spirit. But nah ... fuck that. Let's run some razzle-dazzle shit on a short field & piss all that away.

• Like 1

Good game, Longhorns - I kept holding out hope that we would get our shit together in the second half.  After Youngblood's KO TD I made the mistake of getting optimistic. 

I hope Klieman can recruit some speed.  It was clear that our defense wasn't in the same league talent-wise yesterday.  

On to WV and basketball 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

How do you say it? Furk? Ferk?  My takeaways from the game.  (I turned it off after you scored after the long punt return.  I knew K-State was finished after you got the lead out to more than one score.)

1.   Your offensive line and defensive line controlled our offensive and defensive lines.  We couldn't get our defense off the field in the second half and couldn't keep our offense on it in the second half.  You wore us down in the end.

Like I said after the game last week.  KSU's lines overperformed last week and manhandled OU. UT's underperformed and got manhandled by TCU.  It was going to come back to the norm.

17 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

3.  I was right about the first possessions of the second half.  They completely set the tone for the rest of the game.  I don't know what made Orlando pull his head out of his ass with how he was having your secondary play off our receivers but that adjustment pretty much Epsteined our offense in the second half.

4.  Both teams made flubs when driving but...

Jeffrey, or Bobby?

Edited by wood