LSU 46 @ Alabama 41 - FINAL - LSU has beat four top 10 teams

Hugo Stiglitz

No question it was a big win today for LSU, but this sort of talk rings a little hollow to me considering that Bama had won 8 in a row in this series before today.
I guess they're not going to act like they've been there before...because they haven't.

Honestly who gives a shit. They owned this game and he is just keeping the momentum going. This is for the non stars to get hype about. Burrow said himself that they have bigger plans than this game. The stars know what’s up
  • Like 2

well as they say on College Football Gameday..... every game matters............................

unless Bama loses, then not only does it not matter, it all but guarantees that they get invited to the playoff final. 

fucking Herbie was saying they should be ranked as the #5 team in the country.

#5??? are you fucking kidding me Herbs?  Bama didnt fucking play anyone this year, and they have been destroying cupcakes and the SEC also-rans,  They dont deserve to be #5  or even #6.   if anyone else had the "resume" Bama does this year, they would be ranked #9 and called Oklahoma. 

• Like 1

LSU looked good last night (reminded me of the SOS years and the introduction of the Run & Gun) but the talk of a miracle transformation is a load of horse shit.

LSU is one Burrow away from 2 losses.  I don't think they would be a special team without him.  That said, they have him so they are dangerous.  It'll be interesting to see if they can replace him next year and not slip down a few pegs.  Aka system vs talent.  

41 minutes ago, Loco said:

LSU looked good last night (reminded me of the SOS years and the introduction of the Run & Gun) but the talk of a miracle transformation is a load of horse shit.

LSU is one Burrow away from 2 losses.  I don't think they would be a special team without him.  That said, they have him so they are dangerous.  It'll be interesting to see if they can replace him next year and not slip down a few pegs.  Aka system vs talent.  

Wasn't it the "Fun & Gun?"

1 hour ago, Loco said:

I definitely agree with this take. The accuracy that Burrow has to throw into such tight windows is absolutely astonishing. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year after Burrows is gone to see if it is more Brady's coaching or Burrow the player.

Speaking of which, Brady is getting a nice pay bump

A source told Yahoo Sports on Saturday that LSU officials engaged Brady about a raise and contract extension during LSU’s bye week. LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value – think in the neighborhood of $1.5 million – and could have a deal by the end of the regular season. (Brady makes $400,000 on his current deal.) The source noted the importance of LSU keeping Brady, who has been the season’s breakout coaching star.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-burrow-lsu-mightve-just-buried-alabamas-college-football-playoff-hopes-011904824.html

Exactly how is the ability to throw into tight windows coaching? That's all ability. Either you have the arm zip and accuracy to get it in there or you don't. The coaching can help you read the defenses and know when and when not to make the throws but when it comes to actually doing it, that's all on the player.

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

well as they say on College Football Gameday..... every game matters............................

unless Bama loses, then not only does it not matter, it all but guarantees that they get invited to the playoff final. 

fucking Herbie was saying they should be ranked as the #5 team in the country.

#5??? are you fucking kidding me Herbs?  Bama didnt fucking play anyone this year, and they have been destroying cupcakes and the SEC also-rans,  They dont deserve to be #5  or even #6.   if anyone else had the "resume" Bama does this year, they would be ranked #9 and called Oklahoma. 

Because a loss to K-State is the same as a loss to the #2 team in the country?  Ok.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Because a loss to K-State is the same as a loss to the #2 team in the country?  Ok.

the only fucking reason Bama was ranked that high was because of the last few years run.  They havent beaten anyone worth a damn.  BTW same rule applies for Clemson

Bama have played only 3 teams with a winning record this year, and they lost to the only ranked one they played.   6-3 Aggy is their best fucking win (btw, thats the same best win for Clemson as well).  

in the AP top 10 with 1 loss,   Georgia has wins against 2 top 10 teams, Oregon beat 2 top 20 teams, Penn State beat 2 top 20 teams and lost to another top 20.   Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Utah all have beaten a top 25 team. 

all of them have played a much tougher fucking schedule than Bama this year, yet Bama is ranked 4 in the AP?   are you fucking kidding me

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

all of them have played a much tougher fucking schedule than Bama this year, yet Bama is ranked 4 in the AP?   are you fucking kidding me

They are the only team with LSU as their only loss.  

If Texas ran the table after the LSU loss, they’d be ahead of Bama right now, same with Auburn and Florida.  But they didn’t, so they aren’t. 

I’ll admit the system has massive internalized bias for Alabama but they have a decent case for being ranked as high as they are.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Bama have played only 3 teams with a winning record this year, and they lost to the only ranked one they played.   6-3 Aggy is their best fucking win (btw, thats the same best win for Clemson as well).  

Not sure about you, but I think that qualifies for painting on the wall. 

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

I think Auburn will beat Bama too. Normally, I would say that they’ll backdoor into the final 4 again but their D is too young and inexperienced (injured) and Tua doesn’t look like a world beater.

Not sure Auburn Frosh QB can help War Eagle score enough points to Beat Bama...

Did everyone catch the justification for awarding Moss the TD after he stepped out of bounds?

He wasn't forced out. They're just covering their asses. They fucked up. (Notice they don't include video of the play. But we all saw it.)

It was an unusual situation. Even Gene Steratore was confused at first. I think if the official standing right there had seen the foot step out of bounds and thrown his cap down, it would've been correctly ruled as illegal touching. But he didn't and the replay officials made a mistake. 

I was rooting for LSU. The way they were playing, I think there's a good chance they still would have scored. But that call was wrong. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

LSUs offense is a house of cards.  Take away their senior QB, three NFL receivers, all purpose RB, both offense tackles, and athletic TE and they would struggle to score.  
Orlando will find a way to let it happen next year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Did everyone catch the justification for awarding Moss the TD after he stepped out of bounds?

He wasn't forced out. They're just covering their asses. They fucked up. (Notice they don't include video of the play. But we all saw it.)

It was an unusual situation. Even Gene Steratore was confused at first. I think if the official standing right there had seen the foot step out of bounds and thrown his cap down, it would've been correctly ruled as illegal touching. But he didn't and the replay officials made a mistake. 

I was rooting for LSU. The way they were playing, I think there's a good chance they still would have scored. But that call was wrong. 

I'm going to say he was forced out. The Bama defender clearly makes contact with him at the sideline, which causes him to go out of bounds.

More importantly, Bama's best win right now is aggy. Their current wins have a combined record of 31-45, only 2 currently above .500, aggy and Southern Miss. Their remaining schedule is 14-14, only 1 team with a winning record Auburn. Their FCS opponent is abysmal 3-7 Western Carolina.

5 hours ago, WBT said:

There was contact.  Forced out is a judgment call.  

In this case, a call made long after the game was over. 

I mean, yeah, right, he was "forced" out so that just his tippy toe touched out of bounds. If he was forced out then I've seen a whole lot of receivers get screwed on illegal touching calls. 

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

In this case, a call made long after the game was over. 

I mean, yeah, right, he was "forced" out so that just his tippy toe touched out of bounds. If he was forced out then I've seen a whole lot of receivers get screwed on illegal touching calls. 

Coming back from halftime, the CBS crew said they spoke with an official that explained that the ruling on the field was a force out.  Maybe the call was made after the fact but it was at least made by halftime.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 11/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, GabrielsHorn said:

Exactly how is the ability to throw into tight windows coaching? That's all ability. Either you have the arm zip and accuracy to get it in there or you don't. The coaching can help you read the defenses and know when and when not to make the throws but when it comes to actually doing it, that's all on the player.

You did watch him last year, right? Why is there a night and day difference between his play from this year and last year? I’m not saying it is coaching, but coaching matters. See Lincoln Riley...