Texas vs Purdue on FS1 at 6pm

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

They said something about Shaka being more "CEO" type coach this year so maybe the assistants are taking a bigger role and actually doing some quality coaching for once?

So just a figurehead? Fire his ass, then. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

We may lose this game and Purdue is a tough fucking place to play...

But I keep watching and saying “this is actually a good effort” which I couldn’t say every other year of Shaka’s tenure. 

Main thing is outside of some defensive lapses and some quick ill advised shots they've looked pretty sound. Good ball rotation, good switches/hedges and rotation on defense. They didn't look like that much last year against anyone with a pulse. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

We may lose this game and Purdue is a tough fucking place to play...

But I keep watching and saying “this is actually a good effort” which I couldn’t say every other year of Shaka’s tenure. 

Texas men’s HC basketball job posting requirements 2019-2020..   5 million per year with expectation of winning 50% of games and no conference championship or qualifying for NCAA tournament or advancing beyond first round.  Shrewd.

Edited by Horn80

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

strange watching a Shaka team operate with a purpose on offense. Of course, it helps we are getting hot from 3. Would like a bit more inside, but fuck, we look much better than most of last season. 

Who would you like to get looks from inside? Other than our guards driving into the lane and maybe Liddell's savvy we don't really have any players who are efficient on the inside. 

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Who would you like to get looks from inside? Other than our guards driving into the lane and maybe Liddell's savvy we don't really have any players who are efficient on the inside. 

I guess I'm including mid range as well. Over half of our shots are from deep. When we go cold, it won't be pretty.