We’re Going Bowling!

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

Would rather get excited about winning games rather than justifying a season by going to a lame bowl. 

I get the alleged advantages but it also act as cover for poor performance, coaches, players, or both.

Sort of like NIT BB victory for me. We need a robust, predictable, non-committee playoff that means something if you are good enough to make it. 

A season consolation prize of a sloppy seconds bowl is ok, but not something to beat your chest about.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Also, why wouldn't it be "OrlanDOH"?

Your DOH has better placement, I concur.

• Like 1

We are not eligible for the Cotton Bowl this season.  We are, at best, Alamo Bowl.  Moderate case is Camping World.  Worst case is Academy Sports + OutDoors Texas Bowl.  

We will have averaged 5 losses per season under Herman, the only one of the of the Top 7 to even remotely achieve that level of mediocrity.  

I'm good with it. I had higher expectations but it's easy to see that those were unrealistic.
And because I've been a fan for a long time:

Bowl eligible under Mackovic - fuck this shit. At least we beat OU
Bowl eligible under Mack (98-04) - another Holiday Bowl, fuck this shit
Bowl eligible under Mack (05-09) - WE SHOULD BE #1
Bowl eligible under Mack (10-13) - fuck Mack Brown!
Bowl eligible under Strong  - FINALLY!!! A great coach and a great man! We're on top of the world, baby! 
Bowl eligible under Herman - fuck this shit.

• Like 2