We’re Going Bowling!

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

6 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Only game I would be interested in is UT v ND. I won't give half a shit nor watch any other matchup. 

Anybody who cares enough to post regularly on these servers will watch whomever Texas plays. 

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Like 2

Teams still like to beat Texas for their resume. Playing Texas or Notre Dame would be a huge day for Utah.

I think we show up no matter what. I liked the spirit of the team after getting behind to Tech. The Longhorns raised their intensity and level of play. I think that carries over to the bowl. I'm looking forward to the game which has not been the case for about four weeks until we closed out Tech.

(I know Tech isn't any good, but we dominated them like a good team should after we shamed ourselves in the first quarter.)

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Teams still like to beat Texas for their resume. Playing Texas or Notre Dame would be a huge day for Utah.

I think we show up no matter what. I liked the spirit of the team after getting behind to Tech. The Longhorns raised their intensity and level of play. I think that carries over to the bowl. I'm looking forward to the game which has not been the case for about four weeks until we closed out Tech.

(I know Tech isn't any good, but we dominated them like a good team should after we shamed ourselves in the first quarter.)

We fired a lot of coaches since then. I bet multiple seniors skip it. No idea what type of performance we give but not expecting a great one. 

18 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It may not be a playoff game but there is a lot of fun in drinking overpriced drinks on the Riverwalk and then stumbling over the Alamodome to see a bowl game. I'm not a UT or Utah fan and I may go. It's really the only time I'll ever go on the Riverwalk.

I & Mrs. Brat have had the same 50 yard line seats in the Alamo Dome since the bowl game debuted in 1993. It has been a fun post-Christmas 2 night getaway respite for us no matter who is playing. (Except for aggy - I sold those tickets to a neighbor)

We always made our hotel reservations (at reasonable rates) early in the year, usually for 4 nights to cover around the usual dates the game has been scheduled. When the final date is selected, then we would be able to modify the reservation down to two nights.

Unfortunately this year for the first time the game has been scheduled for New Year’s Eve, so we missed the date by one night. Modifying our reservation to the new dates ( now a two night New Years package) doubled the rate to $700. Still going because the wife wants to experience NY Eve on the Riverwalk for the first time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I know the Alamo Bowl is supposedly more prestigious, but there's something kind of depressing about getting in a bus and going down the road for your bowl game. "Come to Texas and you'll get to go to places like Lubbock, Stillwater, and now San Antonio!"

Playing Notre Dame in Florida all day if we have a choice. Which we don't. 

If you can't sell recruits on a stop at the Snake Farm, then you have problems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We fired a lot of coaches since then. I bet multiple seniors skip it. No idea what type of performance we give but not expecting a great one. 

This is legit. Who’s going to coach these dudes? And the business about bowl games being extra practice time, who’s schemes are they going to be practicing?

I know it’s tough to fathom from our bunch but this has the makings of being a full on clown show.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

cool.  we don't even need to win 8 or 9 games to go Alamo bowls now.  we really need to hire scalley now.

Call it the balance in the middle of our league.

Anyway Alamo Bowl is a big opportunity for Herman to make a statement about the trajectory of the program. While I am doubtful, it might even be a positive statement.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Call it the balance in the middle of our league.

Anyway Alamo Bowl is a big opportunity for Herman to make a statement about the trajectory of the program. While I am doubtful, it might even be a positive statement.

Yes, winning the Alamo Bowl could be a "We're baaack" type of statement.

Here’s the upside we’re not talking about. Texas might actually play better with no coaching staff.

I'm actually petty confident that if the players just trotted out with no defensive play calls over the course of the season, just playing one- or two-high man every snap in non-Orlando alignments, that the defense would have been better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

More like a "things aren't that bad" statement. 

Can we not shit on Ehlinger for that? It seems just a little bit douchey

No I get you, just playing.  I have no problem with that from Sam. People don't mention that he was also making a call back to VY's "We'll be baaa-ack" post-Michigan game.

But obviously it backfired given our shitty season, so let's wait until we're winning the Big 12 before we start announcing we're back again or talking about major statements being made.