Castle Rock

austingirl

I couldn't find an existing thread anywhere but the show's in its second season (Hulu) so let me know if I just missed it. If you couldn't guess, it's kind of a mashup of elements from different stories in the Stephen King universe. Season 1 was great, but season 2 has been phenomenal. Imagine Annie Wilkes' (played by Lizzy Caplan) origin story combined with Salem's Lot. Fantastic supporting cast, too, and lots of Easter eggs for King fans.

They release episodes every Wednesday. Just watched the latest one (The Laughing Place) and wow. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

This show is really fun, I can't believe there isn't more people talking about it. The Easter eggs are the best part, I like how they change things around a bit. 

Yep, it's really great and not too gruesome - I haven't seen a lot of the movie versions of King's books for that reason. And I like how they are taking elements of his stories and making something new out of them.