Arkansas fires Chad Morris

Sandman

34 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Why the fuck would Gundy want to have anything to do with that dumpster fire?  Arkansas will never be anything more than a 3rd rate team.  Knute Rockne himself couldn't resurrect that program.  And yes, there's a better chance of Rockne rising from his grave.

I'm just an OSU fan that's tired of Gundy and ready for him to move on.

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

seriously???  

Yes. He doesn't try to recruit high-level talent, he meddles with the coordinators RE: playcalling, he goes into the fetal position when confronted with superior teams. I'd like to see what someone else could do with our level of resources. We have a good stadium and good fan support, I want some fresh blood. He's turning into Pat Jones 2.0 and I didn't much care for that the first time.

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

seriously???  

i have another buddy who went to osu. he also is ready for a change. the thinking is that they've seen the peak with gundy. it's not a contend for big 12 every year peak but more of a contend for big 12 every 3 or 4 years.

funny thing is that we've been through shit times with mack's later and strong's years. we would've loved to have gundy. hell i wouldn't mind having him now. at texas he could hire and build a real defense.

I guess this proves that hiring a coach for a P5 job really is a crapshoot. If a guy with a solid 3 years of head coaching experience at SMU (14-22 overall, 8-16 conference) compiled in the storied American Athletic Conference can't get it done, who the fuck can? 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'd like to see what someone else could do with our level of resources. We have a good stadium and good fan support, I want some fresh blood.

Lmfao

You’d like to see what mediocre resources and a mediocre stadium with mediocre fan support at not even the best school in the shitty state in an even shittier town can produce with a different coach?  Good luck with that

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LTbear said:

At what point does Arky start running out of money? Aren't they still paying the previous coach as well?

they have big money donors that can afford it

but they are trying to claw back from bert

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28049475/arkansas-fires-coach-chad-morris-4-18-start

The Razorbacks owed Bielema about $11.9 million when they fired him in November 2017. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported last month that the Razorback Foundation had stopped making monthly payments of $320,833 to Bielema and asked him to return $4.2 million it has already paid him.

At issue is whether Bielema, who now works as a defensive line coach for the New England Patriots, breached his agreement by not actively pursuing another job with compensation similar to what Arkansas paid him.

I would imagine Malzahn is in the running...I would not be surprised if they do not already have him locked up....he has UGA, Sanford (not Stanford you big dummy) and Alabama left on the schedule and with LSU beating Alabama at home and Auburn only losing to LSU by 3 the heat will be on him to beat Alabama (and UGA) otherwise Auburn will feel they have fallen behind LSU as well on the SEC SEC SEC west

as shitty as Auburn treats coaches he could just say fuck it and tank both games with UGA and Alabama and force Auburn to fire him and save Arkansas some cash to hire him while burning down Auburn a little bit on the way out the door

Gus is not long for Auburn at this point and at this point he will get at least 4 years to get Arkansas to 8 wins in a season after Morris ran the place off a cliff

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Lmfao

You’d like to see what mediocre resources and a mediocre stadium with mediocre fan support at not even the best school in the shitty state in an even shittier town can produce with a different coach?  Good luck with that

with the "mediocre" support, gundy is 7-7 or 7-8 (i'm too lazy to look it up) against texas. we can't exactly talk much shit against osu under gundy.

52 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

Their AD revenues are over $40m per year more than Oklahoma State's. They made the Sugar Bowl in 2010 and finished ranked #5 in 2011. It's certainly not an elite program where you can compete for national titles year in and year out but it's not a worse program than Oklahoma State, which is really only a decent program because of Mike Gundy (7 of the 14 times they've finished a season ranked were under Gundy).  

As a coach, right?  He was there as a QB when Sanders was there.  Or Thomas.  Maybe both.

8 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

The Razorbacks owed Bielema about $11.9 million when they fired him in November 2017. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported last month that the Razorback Foundation had stopped making monthly payments of $320,833 to Bielema and asked him to return $4.2 million it has already paid him.

At issue is whether Bielema, who now works as a defensive line coach for the New England Patriots, breached his agreement by not actively pursuing another job with compensation similar to what Arkansas paid him.

Lulz. I'd be curious to see if language in his Arky contract stipulated that he must, upon termination, actively seek another job that paid him equivalently to recieve the full buyout. Seems that once they fired his fat fucking retard ass, he should be able to take any job he sees fit. 

Edited by Blotto

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Fired after starting Jerry’s grandkid.  Cold.

Yeah well, that hire was a Jerry move to begin with.  Chad Morris wasn’t hired, he was placed there by the Jones family.  And Arkansas straight up just told Jerry to go fuck himself.  Along with Paxton and Chandler.  Apparently they have BMDs who, at least collectively, are bigger than Jerry.

4 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah well, that hire was a Jerry move to begin with.  Chad Morris wasn’t hired, he was placed there by the Jones family.  And Arkansas straight up just told Jerry to go fuck himself.  Along with Paxton and Chandler.  Apparently they have BMDs who, at least collectively, are bigger than Jerry.

Yeah, Jerry is one of the biggest athletic donors but he’s not the largest overall donor by a long shot.

something must be broken 24X7 is not showing any decommits this year, but I know they have had some because their ranking has dropped about 20 spots recently

there are not really any current recruits I think would work well for Texas, but from last years class I would expect there will be a lot of transfers

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

with the "mediocre" support, gundy is 7-7 or 7-8 (i'm too lazy to look it up) against texas. we can't exactly talk much shit against osu under gundy.

Oh I’m not talking shit about Gundy.  I’m talking shit to an Okie Light fan who thinks they could do better with a different coach given all their “resources”.  It’s like the most aggy statement ever, only aggy actually has like 10 times the “resources” they do so it actually makes aggy seem seem less aggy in this example.

Good lord I never thought I’d hear myself say that 🤦‍♂️

I remember last year Arkansas played Colorado State in Ft Collins. Morris did not have a walk through with the team on Friday because he flew to Dallas to watch his son play. He even boasted about his balanced lifestyle. 

Maybe he should have balanced work a little more heavily. Or not since he is getting paid either way. 

25 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. I'd be curious to see if language in his Arky contract stipulated that he must, upon termination, actively seek another job that paid him equivalently to recieve the full buyout. Seems that once they fired his fat fucking retard ass, he should be able to take any job he sees fit. 

Maybe he violated the clause that says, “Coach recognizes that his promise to work for the University for the entire term of this Agreement is important to the University.”

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

they have big money donors that can afford it

but they are trying to claw back from bert

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28049475/arkansas-fires-coach-chad-morris-4-18-start

This would seem like an impediment to hiring a good coach.  

7 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

This would seem like an impediment to hiring a good coach.  

I thought that too, but the money is so good at a place like Arkansas even if you are there 2 or 3 years without any buyout it is hard to pass up

plus depending on what the contract said if Bert really is only working for $50,000 that could be an issue.....sure Texas signed a shitty deal that let Charlie work on the cheap at USF and aggy topped it with basically guaranteeing Rummy and Jimbo huge money no matter what, but maybe not all places make those dumb mistakes

maybe they go with a "third time is a charm" guy

Fat Charlie Front Butt Weiss

Mark Richt

Boom!!!

I think Richt is a good coach, but I suppose he burned out fast at Miami and hired half assed assistants so he might not be a good fit for a place as far down in the dumpster as Arkansas.....but he can recruit and can coach for sure....I think Miami would burn anyone out though and their fans, facilities, and administration are shit

Rebuilding Arky is going to take a LOT of work.  A legit coach is going to go there without Jimbo like guarantees.  

That being said, it’s a very solid job.  Great facilities/town, A list money, with reasonable boosted expectations.  All Aggy Chad has to do this year was beat the four rent a wins and cobble our two more against the Mississippi schools, UK, or Misery and he would have gotten an extension.  The fired him not only for the losses but the nature of them.

Arky boosters expect 7/8 wins on average with once every 4/5 years winning 10/11 and that’s reasonable there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

they paid him for almost two years. I can't decide which is more likely:

* there was always a clause that entitled them to withhold the money, and no lawyer at/on retainer w/ Arkansas fucking noticed for 20 months

* there was no offset/clawback in the contract so Arkansas owed Bielema all of that money regardless of what he did