Arkansas fires Chad Morris

Sandman

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't have the hate that a lot of older posters have because Arky was before my time as a rival, but man do I wish they would have kept him just to see how far he could have driven that program into the dirt. 

So are you old enough that you got to witness fOSU fans Columbus style?  Of course you know about sooners.

OU fans fucking suck because everything about them sucks, fOSU fans are a bunch of fucking fucks.  

Pig is their regarded incestual offspring. 

17 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

So are you old enough that you got to witness fOSU fans Columbus style?  Of course you know about sooners.

OU fans fucking suck because everything about them sucks, fOSU fans are a bunch of fucking fucks.  

Pig is their regarded incestual offspring. 

Oh yeah, we were there for OSU. I didn't have a lot of issues with them for the most part, but I saw a few fights, and it wasn't longhorns v buckeyes, it was buckeyes v buckeyes, which was weird. 

The rival against Arky to me is I know I hate them because they're trash. When did we stop playing them annually? 

“Deserve”...”think you should have better”...whatever.  Potato...potahto.
oSu is a 6-8 win a year program with an occasional outlier.  Gundy’s got you there.
And no, you don’t have resources, facilities or fan support that entitles you to more.
You’re sounding more aggy with every post.

6-8? More like 9-10 average. We’re on pace for 9 this year, assuming we beat KU and WVU, lose bedlam, then win the bowl which we are pretty good at when it’s a mid level bowl.

The “Gundy is coasting” thought is, again, dumb as fuck. I watch most of his press conferences, he’s surly when we lose and excitable when we win. He wants to win as much as ever. He’s also explained his recruiting strategy. He keys in on the three star guys he likes who are usually on the higher end of that group. He’ll go after 4 and 5 stars if there is legitimate interest but he’s not going to waste time on those guys if they are set on going blueblood. I’m fine with that.

d382ae947ed3151f0cc67a6186ea4ac1.jpg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh yeah, we were there for OSU. I didn't have a lot of issues with them for the most part, but I saw a few fights, and it wasn't longhorns v buckeyes, it was buckeyes v buckeyes, which was weird. 

The rival against Arky to me is I know I hate them because they're trash. When did we stop playing them annually? 

When they ran away to the SEC in early 90s.  Greener grass and whatnot like aggy.  

56-22 overall

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

6-8? More like 9-10 average. We’re on pace for 9 this year, assuming we beat KU and WVU, lose bedlam, then win the bowl which we are pretty good at when it’s a mid level bowl.

Okay my bad.  Didn’t mean to sell y’all short.  But makes my point even more.

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The “Gundy is coasting” thought is, again, dumb as fuck. I watch most of his press conferences, he’s surly when we lose and excitable when we win. He wants to win as much as ever. He’s also explained his recruiting strategy. He keys in on the three star guys he likes who are usually on the higher end of that group. He’ll go after 4 and 5 stars if there is legitimate interest but he’s not going to waste time on those guys if they are set on going blueblood. I’m fine with that.

Gundy has more wins than we do this decade, probably not close.  He might have a winning record against us as well.  

I don't think UT needs Chad's kid.....he seems undersized and like he would get killed trying to run the current Texas offense and Texas does not need kids that can be moved to other positions (let UNC have that shit)

I doubt Littrell Seth Seth Littrell ends up there he is a poor man's Chad Morris especially after this season

if Arkansas was smart they would have taken advantage of the fact that aggy Chad was away from his wife and kid and spent a few hundred K and sent the volleyball blonde over to his house with some google glasses on for the weekend....then they could fire him with cause.......no chance of that with Bert he was smart enough to know he was not going to do better than what he already had and she lived with him

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yes, he is. And that's because we were pure trash for the better part of 60 years. I have no delusions of turning into some colossus but I'd like a coach that seems to "want it". Gundy comes across like a guy that knows he won't be fired, so he can coast until retirement. 

So you'd be okay with your "coasting" coach leaving for Arkansas and risking returning to pure trash for another 60 years? Y'all lucked out with Gundy. Being a former Ok St player and all he was never going to bolt the first time something better came up like Les Miles did leaving for LSU. There has been a lot more up than down at Ok St with Gundy as the coach. It would've been easy for TCU fans to write off Patterson in 2013 when TCU finished 4-8 because "he no longer appeared to want it" before turning in a 12-1 season along with a #3 finish in 2014 and a #7 finish in 2015. Without consistently reeling in top recruitment classes you're going to experience some bumps in the road, but to think anyone else y'all would hire would do better is nonsense.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Back on topic, Arky has as many natural disadvantages as OKST. They need someone with a plan to deal with that and find a way to succeed.

Love hearing crazy ass OSU fans who want Gundy run.  (not 'stache) 

'stache I'd only disagree in that Arky is THE school in that state - there's no pro team and they're the only P5 school in the state.  I think they have a better set up and more money than OSU (esp with Boone gone)...

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Arky fans didn't realize how bad that team was when Aggy Chad took over.  During Bert's last season, they didn't have any offensive players who would crack the two deep at a mid tier P5 program.  Aggy Chad recruited a few good skill players but it was still not good.  I watch them due to spousal and geographic proclivities and I will tell you their QB's are some of the worst I've seen in a while.  Whoever takes over this program faces a long rebuild.

As for Gundy, lulz at Okie State doing better.  That football program would spin into suckitude like the basketball team did when the Suttons drank their way into the sunset.  Gundy is a gift to them.

QB play has been terrible. Yet a QB he started last season, then ran off, buttfucked him yesterday. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chad said:

So you'd be okay with your "coasting" coach leaving for Arkansas and risking returning to pure trash for another 60 years? Y'all lucked out with Gundy. Being a former Ok St player and all he was never going to bolt the first time something better came up like Les Miles did leaving for LSU. There has been a lot more up than down at Ok St with Gundy as the coach. It would've been easy for TCU fans to write off Patterson in 2013 when TCU finished 4-8 because "he no longer appeared to want it" before turning in a 12-1 season along with a #3 finish in 2014 and a #7 finish in 2015. Without consistently reeling in top recruitment classes you're going to experience some bumps in the road, but to think anyone else y'all would hire would do better is nonsense.

Les also had to play in a rusted out shithole of a stadium. Boone didn't start making it rain until Mike got the job. And yes, I think he's coasting. He's the golden child. He's only spent 5 years of his adult life out of Stillwater, he was Boone's choice to be OC for Les and Les didn't want him. I never said "Fire him today!" but I'm ready for a change after 15 years, yeah. 

And you're right, we could go straight down the shitter when he leaves. But he's gonna leave eventually, like in the next 6-7 years. I don't think he'll coach past 60. 

3 hours ago, Chad said:

Gundy has built Okie St into a good program, they won't do better than him. 1 losing season in 14 years as a head coach in a state lacking talent playing second fiddle to OU....come on now. If it wasn't for some kind of fluke back in 2011 they would've played for a national title. 2018 wasn't ideal and 2019 may not be a whole lot better, but it's too early to write of a coach who has produced with inferior talent. Gundy is like Gary Patterson, except he isn't obese and rocks a mullet haha.

But the basketball program just got one of the top recruits in the country!  Never mind that they got him solely because they hired his brother to coach.  

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Look at all the fucking outliers!

3 hours ago, Handcruser said:

If Arkansas was smart, they’d beg to get back in the Big12. It is where they belong in my opinion.

If Arkansas was smart, they wouldn't have left the SWC in the first place. And they haven't won dick since without a Texas recruiting pipeline. Nebraska is learning the same hard lesson. 

Both should seek Big 12 membership, but won't, because pride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Les also had to play in a rusted out shithole of a stadium. Boone didn't start making it rain until Mike got the job. And yes, I think he's coasting. He's the golden child. He's only spent 5 years of his adult life out of Stillwater, he was Boone's choice to be OC for Les and Les didn't want him. I never said "Fire him today!" but I'm ready for a change after 15 years, yeah. 

And you're right, we could go straight down the shitter when he leaves. But he's gonna leave eventually, like in the next 6-7 years. I don't think he'll coach past 60. 

It can't happen.  I need him to be there for the "I'm a man, I'm 60" press conference.

• Like 2

If Arkansas was smart, they wouldn't have left the SWC in the first place. And they haven't won dick since without a Texas recruiting pipeline. Nebraska is learning the same hard lesson. 
Ha, this. They cant compete with LA, AL, FL. I will laugh to my grave at arkie and nebraska for thinking greener pastures are in another conference. Both schools will never, ever sniff another national championship. Their ceiling is a jan 1 bowl game every 15 years or so.

But hey, fuck yall texas. We win.

7 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

You only switch P5 jobs for a blueblood program. That ain't Arky.

I'm shocked out how well the Yankee has done in Waco. He wouldn't fit in with northwest AR hillbillies at all. That'd be a bad move.

Yes, I'm beginning to think Rhule fits at Baylor just as well as Grant Teaff did. Third year coach that is winning without elite talent. Arky is going to have to find a leftover coach recuperating at Alabama or get lucky with an FCS guy like KSU did. I doubt Lane Kiffin would take the Arky job, of course there's always this high school guy in Mt. Vernon.

Some early names starting to come out for possible new coach, but supposedly Arky gonna take their time deciding...  😬

• Memphis Coach Norvell
  • Malzahn
  • The Pirate
  • Kiffin (not likely)

This will be an interesting coach search -- not a real attractive job for some coaches...

1 hour ago, Extra Anejo said:

Yes, I'm beginning to think Rhule fits at Baylor just as well as Grant Teaff did. Third year coach that is winning without elite talent. Arky is going to have to find a leftover coach recuperating at Alabama or get lucky with an FCS guy like KSU did. I doubt Lane Kiffin would take the Arky job, of course there's always this high school guy in Mt. Vernon.

I think you're onto something with the Bama rehab, Sark is OC no?   instead of coke or water bottles at the podium he can pimp the local moonshine,   Plus public intoxication and job drinking are accepted and embraced in those parts.  

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I thought only black guys got fired inside of 2-3 years?  I was told by Shaggy and Herby (cesspool) that any coach needs 4 years. I’m confused. But, happy to see programs make decisions in their best interest. 

I suspect it helps that Morris is white here. 

I don't  know about that, but you sound like a retard.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Let them fucking rot.  Still remember that cold morning game at the 2000 Cotton Bowl.  Hungover.  Cold.  Opie gets both his knees shredded.  Fat AR beast behind me at spilling beer on me and screaming.  At one point she put her hands on my shoulder yelling.  Stood up, grabbed her 135lb, pasty white husband and told him I'd skull fuck his corpse the next time his inbred toothless bitch fucking touched me.  She started to say something until I told her to waddle her fat ass to another section.

Fast forward 15 years, son's playing flag football in Frisco.  Guess who's playing with him.  Son of the AR MVP, DJ Cooper.  The DT that put Opie out of the game.  Ironically, nicest guy ever.  

Moral of the story - fuck AR their trash fans.  Let them wallow in their misery.    

• Like 1

This penchant for running coaches not 2 full seasons in is ridiculous.  Regarded UCLA fans wanted Chip run a month ago.  He still may not work out, but you gotta give a coach some time.  No way a coach’s plan gets traction 22 games in, especially if the talent is depleted.

Has Briles name come up in association with this job? You know he’s just down the road from the Arky border. Might be time to get away from the UIL heat in Mt. Vernon and get into the SEC where rape and illegal recruiting aren’t looked down upon so much. The good folks in Arkansas  believe in giving a poor guy a chance to rehabilitate himself.

56 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

Has Briles name come up in association with this job? You know he’s just down the road from the Arky border. Might be time to get away from the UIL heat in Mt. Vernon and get into the SEC where rape and illegal recruiting aren’t looked down upon so much. The good folks in Arkansas  believe in giving a poor guy a chance to rehabilitate himself.

Bring back Petrino?

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

This penchant for running coaches not 2 full seasons in is ridiculous.  Regarded UCLA fans wanted Chip run a month ago.  He still may not work out, but you gotta give a coach some time.  No way a coach’s plan gets traction 22 games in, especially if the talent is depleted.

Normally I’d agree but these coaches have demanded more and more money over the years.  Steady improvement over a two year period should be expected.  Same with corporate America and CEO salaries.  They’re getting turned out at record pace.

With the cases of Taggart and Morris, it wasn’t just about the win/loss record.  It was how they were losing.  Florida State was struggling against mediocre teams and getting blown out by good ones.  Arky was losing to bad teams, getting embarrassed by good ones and at the end, getting blown out by bad ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

This penchant for running coaches not 2 full seasons in is ridiculous. 

You lose fourteen conference games in a row, and lose to San Jose State and then Western Kentucky by four touchdowns in the same season-- your fate is sealed. No program that expects to compete for conference championships is going to tolerate that kind of losing.