Arkansas fires Chad Morris

Sandman

59 minutes ago, NoName said:

literally one of the reasons he was brought in was because BB's system wasn't working and because he ran a drastically different spread-based system.

i get what you are saying but it is wrong and they made a change to a drastically different system for a reason.

you wouldn't expect them to bring in jeff monken and for him to change from some kind of option based system to something involving the shotgun.

I agree, but I'm saying you can't just run a system to the detriment of your W/L column. There are schemes he can come up with that are set in spread formations but geared towards playing fatball. LSU currently has a bunch of fatty's on the OL that don't move well. Find a way to get the ball out quick, don't have a lot of pulling linemen in the run game. Nobody expects them to compete for anything in the $ec for quite awhile, but losing to G5 teams is unacceptable.

With all of that said, fuck Arkansas. 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, Landomatic said:

Jesus, this has been covered ad nauseam. Go re-read your Nebraska thread.

I agree.  It's always been a lame argument, see below

On 11/12/2019 at 12:28 PM, angelos's frog said:

Quality, not quantity.  One 3* last year out of 27 recruits.  Two 4*s for '18 out of 22 commits but one already transferred to a Texas school.  Three 3*s out of 23 total for '17.   None for '16.  And you guys supposed hired Riley at least in part because he had Texas recruiting connections.   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/393619-the-50-greatest-players-in-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-history#slide1

50 greatest players in Nebraska history, 5 from Texas.  10%.  Sound familiar?

I guess they'd have 10 NC's based on this bullshit "not getting Texas recruits is what's killing Nebraska football" theory huh

19 of that list are Nebraska kids.  Most of the rest are spread around the midwest, IA, SD, KS, IL, WI, MO, OK, MN, OH

Edited by mulletpelini
blah blah blah

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I agree.  It's always been a lame argument, see below

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/393619-the-50-greatest-players-in-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-history#slide1

50 greatest players in Nebraska history, 5 from Texas.  10%.  Sound familiar?

I guess they'd have 10 NC's based on this bullshit "not getting Texas recruits is what's killing Nebraska football" theory huh

19 of that list are Nebraska kids.  Most of the rest are spread around the midwest, IA, SD, KS, IL, WI, MO, OK, MN, OH

Yeah...not turning this into the laugh at Nebraska thread.  You have your own thread for that.  This is the laugh at Arkansas thread.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Aggy Chad has listed his house.  It's the most Aggy thing ever at 12K square feet in the middle of a cow field.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3487-N-Horse-Meadow-Dr-Fayetteville-AR-72703/126622048_zpid/

Why he bought that thing, I'll never know.  Was for sale for a long time.  He lived there by himself.

11 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

What kind of room has a fridge, kitchen island, washer/dryer, and an open shower?

that's what is called a "laundry room".  Fridge is to keep drinks for the maid, or maybe its full of beer.  The "shower" is a dog bath.

The rich just live differently

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Aggy Chad has listed his house.  It's the most Aggy thing ever at 12K square feet in the middle of a cow field.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3487-N-Horse-Meadow-Dr-Fayetteville-AR-72703/126622048_zpid/

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Unfinished basement. Sounds like his Arky tenure.

Ironic thing, is he's finally getting to hang out there and enjoy it without undue distractions, like a job.

The Wal-Marks tycoons need to lure Aunt Gussie from the Plains back to Arkansas.  Then the stage would be set for the Pirate to bring the age of enlightenment to East Alabama and have a few interesting duels with Nick Saban before he retires to Mount Olympus.  The quizzical looks of attendees at press conferences alone would be worth it.  He would start weighing in on the absurdity of keeping those majestic bald eagles caged.  In the dark wee hours of a winter morning he would open all the doors at the Raptor Center and set them free, to which the Boogereaters could only cry

"Whar eagles?"

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

What kind of room has a fridge, kitchen island, washer/dryer, and an open shower?

I was puzzled about that too. You would think with a house that size you'd have a separate utility room for a washer/dryer and open shower. Maybe Chad is a messy eater.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Reminder that Chad was making $2 million a year in University Park with barely any expectations of winning. 

I thought he was a fucking idiot when he split for Arky, turns out he is a fucking idiot.

Probably a good example of the delusion of most coaches.  They are always going to think they'll succeed at the next destination, no matter how shitty the situation.  And if there's an increase of salary or prestige or both, they're going.

It's why Texas will never have trouble finding a coach, no matter how bad pussy-rubbing fans think the situation.  A coach at an arguably equivalent situation, maybe more difficult, but not impossible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Reminder that Chad was making $2 million a year in University Park with barely any expectations of winning. 

I thought he was a fucking idiot when he split for Arky, turns out he is a fucking idiot.

Dude he got $10M just to leave Arkansas - would have taken 5 yrs of actual work at SMU to earn that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Dude he got $10M just to leave Arkansas - would have taken 5 yrs of actual work at SMU to earn that. 

Being a very shitty coach in the NCAA and the NFL is good work if you can get it.  Got dam, Jimbo Fisher, Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, Chad Morris, Willie Taggert, Brent Bielima and many more are some grifters.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Why he bought that thing, I'll never know.  Was for sale for a long time.  He lived there by himself.

it was said to have a really nice setup for recruiting basically a guest house/pool room on the other side of the pool from the main house so he could host team parties there and keep it all in the party house area and pool

32 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

it was said to have a really nice setup for recruiting basically a guest house/pool room on the other side of the pool from the main house so he could host team parties there and keep it all in the party house area and pool

That seems to be accurate from the photos from zillow.  The house itself isn't all that bad, but the interior and decoration, geez louise.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That seems to be accurate from the photos from zillow.  The house itself isn't all that bad, but the interior and decoration, geez louise.

the fuzzy thing under the entry credenza was really great

I thought the laundry room was pretty cool, but I probably would have had a regular shower with a bench for the pet washing instead of that high up shower floor

have to keep in mind too that might not be Chad's furnishings it could be stuff from a staging company.....Chad might have had the Mark Cuban thing going with a bunch of empty rooms in a big house especially since the wife had not even moved up there yet

Edited by ButtFumble

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dude, it's a 12,,000 sf home at $300/sf.  Ha!  Composition roof, looks like one of the finest homes Toll Brothers has to offer from their 36 different configurations and finishes making it truly one of a kind or whatever the fuck.  

And then he spent his first 2 paychecks having restoration hardware drop off their showroom.  Give an aggy money and this is how they spend it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

The wife was binging Downton Abby episodes while designing Agro Manor.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Being a very shitty coach in the NCAA and the NFL is good work if you can get it.  Got dam, Jimbo Fisher, Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, Chad Morris, Willie Taggert, Brent Bielima and many more are some grifters.  

You really inspire me. I know I too can be a very shitty coach I just need to get paid for it. 

• Like 1