Arkansas fires Chad Morris

Sandman

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

It definitely could happen.  I think they should move to the Big XII, it's a much better fit.  It would help them with recruiting.

I don't think they have a chance in hell of more than short-term success in the SEC.  But I doubt their egos would let them contemplate a smart move out of the SEC.

While I don't want Arky in the Big 12, it's what would help them win football games, but they'd take a cash hit - $43.7 million per school in SEC vs $38.8 million per school in Big 12. Cash is more important than winning football games so that move ain't happening.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/02/01/sec-passed-big-ten-per-school-distribution-after-record-revenue/2743885002/

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2019/05/31/picture-of-stability-big-12-members-have-plenty-of-reasons-to-be-happy-as-revenue-payouts-increase-from-last-season/

Edited by n64ra

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

They were 10-3 with a Sugar Bowl loss to tOSU in 2010, and 11-2 the next season with losses to LSU and Alabama, then Bobby went for a bike ride and it fell apart.  It can happen there with the right person.

ISWYDT

In the bike’s defense, it didn’t fall apart until Bobby tipped it over.

In all seriousness though, that guy was a hell of a coach until he lost his bangin coeds mojo.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

They were 10-3 with a Sugar Bowl loss to tOSU in 2010, and 11-2 the next season with losses to LSU and Alabama, then Bobby went for a bike ride and it fell apart.  It can happen there with the right person.

That was before Clemson went on a tear and made recruiting in the East that much harder (and arguably LSU is helping to make it impossible). Outside of the aggy game, they don't have much of a footprint in Texas to recruit on either.  And the CFP in general has changed things up.    

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It definitely could happen.  I think they should move to the Big XII, it's a much better fit.  It would help them with recruiting.

I don't think they have a chance in hell of more than short-term success in the SEC.  But I doubt their egos would let them contemplate a smart move out of the SEC.

It would help them a lot with recruiting, many fans would be able to travel to road games, and Arky/Oklahoma and Arky/Texas would be much better rivals, both because of geography and history.  But it won't happen.

I have relatives from Arkansas and Oklahoma, and we've had numerous conversations at family gatherings about this over the past decade or two.  We would all like to see it, and if it happened, we'd all be able to stay with relatives when attending those games.  Our Arky relatives don't do the "SEC SEC SEC" bullshit that our aggy relatives do either.  They give no shits about most of the SEC teams, because even 30 years later, they just don't have the same ties they did with Texas, etc. - hard to form rivalries with people that you rarely see, that are separated by a state or two from you, and whose alumni you just don't encounter.  But there's Texas and OU/OSU alumni in Arkansas aplenty, and plenty of Arkies in Oklahoma and North Texas (Missouri as well).

That's why I don't get those jonesing for a PAC merger.  I give no shits about any of those schools, but I know a shit-ton of people who went to Baylor, Tech, OU, OSU, TCU, etc. and it's just better shit-talking people you know.

26 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I would love to be able to shit-talk Baylor from the confines of separate conferences.

I had co-workers and a neighbor who are Baylor fans.  It's better to talk shit to their faces.

Although I get where you are coming from, but then again, if Herman had things humming, we wouldn't be worried about Baylor.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I had co-workers and a neighbor who are Baylor fans.  It's better to talk shit to their faces.

Although I get where you are coming from, but then again, if Herman had things humming, we wouldn't be worried about Baylor.

Our performance has zero to do with my desire to shit talk Baylor.  And my desire to do it from another conference is only because I am tired of my University associating with that trash.

Fuck Baylor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Our performance has zero to do with my desire to shit talk Baylor.  And my desire to do it from another conference is only because I am tired of my University associating with that trash.

Fuck Baylor.

look at the reality of any other conference

SEC SEC SEC.....yea no trash there

PAC 12....USC....wait are we suppose to ignore what goes on there because they are usually good at football

Big 10....MSU, PSU, tOSU

ACC....horrible conference and UNC was not criminal offenses against students, but it was pretty embarrassing and then the constant issues at FSU.....again do we ignore them because they are good at football sometimes....and Miami is just trash all around in their athletics

the PAC 12 is about the only one that has about the same number of trash programs as the Big 12 and of course their football is going off of a cliff (basketball too for the most part), but yea Texas should go there to get away from Baylor

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That was before Clemson went on a tear and made recruiting in the East that much harder (and arguably LSU is helping to make it impossible). Outside of the aggy game, they don't have much of a footprint in Texas to recruit on either.  And the CFP in general has changed things up.    

It would help them a lot with recruiting, many fans would be able to travel to road games, and Arky/Oklahoma and Arky/Texas would be much better rivals, both because of geography and history.  But it won't happen.

I have relatives from Arkansas and Oklahoma, and we've had numerous conversations at family gatherings about this over the past decade or two.  We would all like to see it, and if it happened, we'd all be able to stay with relatives when attending those games.  Our Arky relatives don't do the "SEC SEC SEC" bullshit that our aggy relatives do either.  They give no shits about most of the SEC teams, because even 30 years later, they just don't have the same ties they did with Texas, etc. - hard to form rivalries with people that you rarely see, that are separated by a state or two from you, and whose alumni you just don't encounter.  But there's Texas and OU/OSU alumni in Arkansas aplenty, and plenty of Arkies in Oklahoma and North Texas (Missouri as well).

That's why I don't get those jonesing for a PAC merger.  I give no shits about any of those schools, but I know a shit-ton of people who went to Baylor, Tech, OU, OSU, TCU, etc. and it's just better shit-talking people you know.

Sounds like several branches of your family tree need to be sawn off. 

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

the PAC 12 is about the only one that has about the same number of trash programs as the Big 12 and of course their football is going off of a cliff (basketball too for the most part), but yea Texas should go there to get away from Baylor

Yeah, I've never been a fan of "we should run away from other programs!"

Leave that to Nebraska and aggy.

8 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

look at the reality of any other conference

SEC SEC SEC.....yea no trash there

PAC 12....USC....wait are we suppose to ignore what goes on there because they are usually good at football

Big 10....MSU, PSU, tOSU

ACC....horrible conference and UNC was not criminal offenses against students, but it was pretty embarrassing and then the constant issues at FSU.....again do we ignore them because they are good at football sometimes....and Miami is just trash all around in their athletics

I don't equate cheating with abuse.  Yes, Penn State and Michigan State belong on the same trash heap with Baylor.  Ohio State is different as I don't recall there being systemic abuse of students or minors there, but yeah, f them too.

Apologies for the thread derailment.  Good luck to Piggy in finding a way out of their decades-long journey through Mediocrityland.

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Dragging Jim Jordan into the sexual assault story is nothing but political. Keep politics off this board, fucktard.

The OP said they didn't recall systematic abuse of students at tOSU but posting that pic certainly jogged some memories.  I guess I could have posted a picture of the guy that was diddling students but no one would know who it was.

If you don't think Jordan is the public face of that particular scandal then you are even dumber than you come across here.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Given that about 30% of the incoming Ark students each year are coming from Texas (and smaller amounts, but several percentage points total from OK and KS, SEC seems out of place for them these days.  The anti-Texas feelings, to the extent they still exit,  at Arkie is coming from the older generation there, not the ones that grew up in Texas.

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Houston Nutt had them relevant in 2006 with Malzahn as OC, McFadden at RB, and Mustain at QB. That kind of perfect storm could happen again.

the Springdale 4 ain't walking through that door 

Mustain was #9 overall (#1 in Ark)

Damian Williams was #77 (#2 in Ark)

Andrew Norman was another top 500 guy (#6 in country) and Ben Cleveland (#7 in Ark, top 600)

plus Malzahn

Spoiler

Together, this group from Arkansas' Springdale High School was going to accomplish great things for the Razorbacks.

Now that dream is over.

Arkansas went 10-4 this season, won the SEC West and finished with a No. 15 ranking. Running back Darren McFadden was the Heisman Trophy runner-up. Athletic director Frank Broyles says he's still "celebrating" the season, in which Arkansas won seven Southeastern Conference games for the first time.

But not everyone is celebrating after a January with enough drama to fill an afternoon soap opera. First, Malzahn left to join the coaching staff at Tulsa. Then Mustain asked for and received his release to transfer.

That followed the December departure of Damian Williams, a promising receiver out of Springdale. Only two freshmen from that high school are still with Arkansas - tight end Ben Cleveland and receiver Andrew Norman.

"It's shocked the state," said Kevin Johnson, Springdale's current coach. "And it's really affected the community here in Springdale."

https://www.theeagle.com/archives/arkansas-moves-on-after-losing-top-recruits/article_ee008abb-8049-55dd-b6b3-246644d2f18e.html

On 12/4/2019 at 1:15 PM, NoName said:

the Springdale 4 ain't walking through that door 

Mustain was #9 overall (#1 in Ark)

Damian Williams was #77 (#2 in Ark)

Andrew Norman was another top 500 guy (#6 in country) and Ben Cleveland (#7 in Ark, top 600)

plus Malzahn

Reveal hidden contents

Together, this group from Arkansas' Springdale High School was going to accomplish great things for the Razorbacks.

Now that dream is over.

Arkansas went 10-4 this season, won the SEC West and finished with a No. 15 ranking. Running back Darren McFadden was the Heisman Trophy runner-up. Athletic director Frank Broyles says he's still "celebrating" the season, in which Arkansas won seven Southeastern Conference games for the first time.

But not everyone is celebrating after a January with enough drama to fill an afternoon soap opera. First, Malzahn left to join the coaching staff at Tulsa. Then Mustain asked for and received his release to transfer.

That followed the December departure of Damian Williams, a promising receiver out of Springdale. Only two freshmen from that high school are still with Arkansas - tight end Ben Cleveland and receiver Andrew Norman.

"It's shocked the state," said Kevin Johnson, Springdale's current coach. "And it's really affected the community here in Springdale."

https://www.theeagle.com/archives/arkansas-moves-on-after-losing-top-recruits/article_ee008abb-8049-55dd-b6b3-246644d2f18e.html

Damian Williams was the only one in that group who was worth a damn.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 7:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

OU, aggy and pig relatives?  Holy shit, I'm glad my extended family is a bunch of dumbasses.  

Brothers inlaws are uneducated fucktards from OU, dude was harshly correcting the grammar of his 4 year old son, incorrectly.  

On 12/4/2019 at 9:33 AM, Tex Pete said:

Dragging Jim Jordan into the sexual assault story is nothing but political. Keep politics off this board, fucktard.

You literally said you don't remember sexual assault of students in a systemic manner. He posted the face of the scandal. Sure he could have chosen a picture of Jim Jordan, known sexual assault cover-upper, that wasn't him in Congress but instead in an Ohio State wrestling singlet, but let's be real no one wants to see that.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I didn’t say shit about sexual assault. Keep politics off of this board, fucktard. 

Saying sexual assault is wrong isn't political, you Art Briles loving dipshit. Just because Jim Jordan covered systemic abuse of students at Ohio State and went into politics way later doesn't make criticizing him, Ohio State, or the actions by both in that context political.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Saying sexual assault is wrong isn't political, you Art Briles loving dipshit. Just because Jim Jordan covered systemic abuse of students at Ohio State and went into politics way later doesn't make criticizing him, Ohio State, or the actions by both in that context political.

Keep politics off of this board, stupid fuck. Jerk off on the politics board to your heart’s content.

It isn’t a new rule, and it isn’t rocket science. Go fuck yourself. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Arkansas talked to Leach -- guess it helped in negotiations with Washington State...

Leach apparently just has an automatic extension clause in his contract that triggers if no one does anything, which is what happened. It does probably mean he's sticking around, though, since neither side touched it.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:12 AM, Tex Pete said:

Keep politics in the CR, stupid fuck.

Hahahaha it's literally the first fucking result on google.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/referee-says-he-told-rep-jim-jordan-ohio-state-doctor-n1078476

Pretty sure that qualifies as "systematic abuse of students or minors," which is verbatim Trashmaster's post, that Fudge Nuggets was commenting on.

The fact that Jim Jordan spends his days with Trumps cock shoved so far down his throat that he can't form a coherent sentence is politics. And so I won't say that here.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

You know this could have been a hearty "boy Ohio State fucking sucks" that we all enjoyed together until this "is it politics?" debate between the only two people who really give a shit started up.

Jim Jordan's a sex-scandal-cover-up-er shitheel from his time coaching at Ohio State and that's the only fact about him that's relevant to this board.

Edited by texifornia