Arkansas fires Chad Morris

Sandman

Razorback fans react to Arkansas hiring Kendal Briles as OC
Best staff since the Lou Holtz days. Sam Pittman has been nothing but net in December.

Fantastic Hire he really did wonders at Houston. He comes from a football family been around it all of his life. He also relates to kids very well especially QBs. WPS!!
Edited by LTtxfan

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2019/12/23/21035802/arkansas-hires-kendal-briles-as-offensive-coordinator

Arkansas Hires Kendal Briles as Offensive Coordinator...  "The Hogs have made a huge upgrade at offensive coordinator"

By Adam Ford  Dec 23, 2019

Here are Briles’ offenses’ finishes in Offense PAN during his time as OC:

• 2019 Florida State: 46th
  • 2018 Houston: 14th
  • 2017 Florida Atlantic: 8th
  • 2016 Baylor: 57th (interim year)
  • 2015 Baylor: 3rd

• 1 year later...

Chad Morris has always had his eye on his next stop when accepting jobs. He has been pretty methodical about moving up in the ranks, and finding spots that would set himself up for a better spot in a few years.

I wonder what his plan is now? He has a pile of cash from his collegiate stops, so I wonder if he just settles down in Allen and does what he loves, or he will try to come back to a higher level at some point. My bet is he won't be at Allen long. That just isn't what he does.

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

Chad Morris has always had his eye on his next stop when accepting jobs. He has been pretty methodical about moving up in the ranks, and finding spots that would set himself up for a better spot in a few years.

I wonder what his plan is now? He has a pile of cash from his collegiate stops, so I wonder if he just settles down in Allen and does what he loves, or he will try to come back to a higher level at some point. My bet is he won't be at Allen long. That just isn't what he does.

His son is at TCU.  Now Chad coaches on Friday nights and is in the DFW area.  I would think he's there until Chandler leaves TCU.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Middle of May seems late -- when do most High School coaches switch jobs ??

Health/PE classes ain't gonna teach themselves ...

(I know full well that HSFB coaches at that level in Texas don't teach class)

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Middle of May seems late -- when do most High School coaches switch jobs ??

It's extremely late. In realignment years there's usually a lot into February and has a ripple effect but big jobs like Allen and Guyer don't normally open in May. Sometimes guys will retire late into apring to help the chances of one of their assistants getting promoted. Might happen here but doesn't seem like the reason for the timing here

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:54 AM, C-Man said:

Health/PE classes ain't gonna teach themselves ...

(I know full well that HSFB coaches at that level in Texas don't teach class)

I had Brian Vasek as my history teacher at Westlake and our offensive coordinator was and algebra teacher (regular. Not AP). But yeah Darren Allman didn’t teach shit. He sat around the field house all day drawing up horrible fucking schemes 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Ah yes former Henderson County football coaching legend Chad Morris. Who else has failed upward in their coaching career? 

You have uttered a root for both a great band name - Upward Failures - and a general purpose thread of the same name. 

• Hook 'Em 1