11/10 NFL thread

spystud13

Yes, I'm sure there is absolutely no chance this game will not fuck KC in the playoff seedings.  I let out four straight primal screams when that field goal got blocked so I'm going to try to be philosophical now.  Every year in the NFL every good team had a turd game some time in the season.  The game where at the end of the year when everyone sees everyone else's end of the year record everyone in America asks how did team A lose to team B.  This is that game for the Chiefs.  This is also that game for the Saints.  Last week was that game for the Packers.

Also from the little things that make a difference department.  That play on the Titans last drive where Tannehill escaped the pressure and ran about 15 yards for the first down.  Frank Clark was a step behind Tannehill at the line of scrimmage and gave up chasing him instead of attempting to dive and make a tackle.  Make that play and you are not relying on your long snapper to remember what count he is supposed to hike the ball on.

Edited by EMAWesome

I think that we’re seeing that the chiefs are pretenders. Every team they are having a tough time with or are losing to (or going to lose to) is going to be in the playoffs. This team doesn’t go to Baltimore or NE and come out a winner in January. Because of the speed kc will always have a punchers chance but the line and defense being as bad as it is means that’s all we’ll ever have. KC peaked last year when all of the teams around us were building up to this year. 

5 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I think that we’re seeing that the chiefs are pretenders. Every team they are having a tough time with or are losing to (or going to lose to) is going to be in the playoffs. This team doesn’t go to Baltimore or NE and come out a winner in January. Because of the speed kc will always have a punchers chance but the line and defense being as bad as it is means that’s all we’ll ever have. KC peaked last year when all of the teams around us were building up to this year. 

The Chiefs season is going to go one of two ways.

1.  Everyone on the team keeps getting hurt and they never go into a game having all their ammunition.  If this happens the ceiling is losing a first round playoff game.  It would actually be better not to make the playoffs at all in this scenario.  It would give them better draft positioning and one less game for key players to get injured in.  If they aren't in position to win the whole thing then let's have as few off season surgeries as possible.

2.  Everyone on the team eventually gets healthy and the team plays its best football of the season in January.  If that happens I don't care who they are playing or where they are playing them.  The Chiefs will be the team that no other playoff team wants to play.  The Chiefs do not play in a dome.  They should have no built-in disadvantage to playing on the road. I don't believe any team or stadium anywhere has a magic spell over other teams.  Home field advantage is only an advantage if the visiting team does not think they are as good as the home team that is why New England has so much success at home in the playoffs.  Teams aren't afraid of playing New England in Foxboro in the playoffs.  Teams are afraid of playing New England anywhere in the playoffs and it just so happens that those games are usually in Foxboro. If the Chiefs are healthy that won't be the case.  Yes, they could still lose (if Tim Tebow can win a playoff game anything is possible in the playoffs) but they would not be pretender.

Either way it is all up to the weekly injury report and nothing I do is going to influence that so why worry about it.

The Colts can't get out of their own way. Hoyer throws a third pick giving the Dolphins prime field position, Vinateri missed yet another extra point earlier. I hate the Colts so I'm enjoying this haha.

Edited by Chad

Vinatieri fucked the Colts over. He missed an XP in a 16-12 loss, the Colts were in the red-zone and failed to convert a 4th and 10, they could've potentially kicked a FG to force OT down 16-13 if Vinatieri didn't continue his ineptitude on extra points. I'm good with that, anytime the Colts lose I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Edited by Chad

22 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I cannot understand why Carolina went for 2 there. Analytics my ass.

Thought same thing, my guesses were kicker's hurt or they didn't trust him with the elements.  

First time seeing this Allen kid, been pretty good. 

Edited by Underdog

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Funny thing is, the dolphins were tanking for Tua. The bengals might just fuck around and take Joe Burrow, and the dolphins might still get their way lol. 

Maybe. There are 5 teams right now with as bad or worse of a record than the Dolphins.