Texas opens as a 7 point underdog @ Iowa State

TexasMan

Weird things happen in Ames 

Not for you guys under Herman. He’s fully aware of what can happen in Ames, being an architect of probably the wildest thing to go down here. I think it’s why he can scrape by Kansas, lose to TCU, and dominate us.

Texas outright is a stone cold lock.

• Like 2

Interesting. I feel more like purdy will torch us running and throwing, especially if we play that super soft man again. 

Texas tends to throw possessions away regularly, and could easily find ourselves down 14 early again but in a more hostile environment and against a more dynamic qb, and never catch up. 

19 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys win by 7-10 points. Campbell always loses to Texas, and usually by this margin.

Set your clock to it.

I fucking hate when fans of other teams come to Surly and post shit like this. You have no idea what you are talking about. We will give up 600 yards of offense and make a couple of back breaking turnovers and ISU will beat us by 2 touchdowns. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We beat ISU. Purdy seems...not good, and they don't have Montgomery or Butler. Plus Herman has Campbell's number. We probably win by 10. 

No butler is great. Thought once green left AC4 stepped it up. He looked good.

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

No butler is great. Thought once green left AC4 stepped it up. He looked good.

I think you're right. I forgot AC4 stepped it up. Jamison did his part, too. I'm feeling a bit more confident in this game because of those two. Green didn't look awful, but yeah, Cook was solid. Jamison with his td knock away was greatness. 

I fucking hate when fans of other teams come to Surly and post shit like this. You have no idea what you are talking about. We will give up 600 yards of offense and make a couple of back breaking turnovers and ISU will beat us by 2 touchdowns. 

Matt Campbell hasn’t played a truly competitive game against Texas, ever. In none of those seasons has Texas been truly dominant. In all but maybe one, ISU has beaten (sometimes badly) teams that beat Texas. Every year, Texas snuffs ISU with relative ease.

Why is this year different? We aren’t better than we were the last two seasons. You aren’t worse. I mean, you clearly think you’re worse, but your current trajectory seems similar to last year.

Here's my not-so-hot take...

Our team does not have the confidence needed to be disrespected by this kind of line. I honestly think we're still mentally weak as a program. A disrespected team would have come out and throttled a shitty far less talented TCU. Instead, our players performed exactly how Vegas predicted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Weird things happen in Ames 

……and Stillwater, and Lubbock (one time in particular haunts me) , and Manhattan KS.

oh, and Collie Station, but that is a completely different context that for the most part is unrelated to Longhorn football.

3 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Here's my not-so-hot take...

Our team does not have the confidence needed to be disrespected by this kind of line. I honestly think we're still mentally weak as a program. A disrespected team would have come out and throttled a shitty far less talented TCU. Instead, our players performed exactly how Vegas predicted.

remake bingo GIF

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

I guess it depends upon whether Mentard lets DOHrlandDOH run the D and call the plays OR whomever did that for the second half if the KSU game. If it’s the latter, we might have a shot. If not, it will be worse than TCU.

Really elevating the discourse. Oscar Wilde wishes he had your gift for wordplay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys win by 7-10 points. Campbell always loses to Texas, and usually by this margin.

Set your clock to it.

I do think we will win, but I think it will be by 3. I don’t have high hopes, though. I’m just bringing my long johns, and expecting to have a good time with friendly folks. Headed up now. 

• Like 1

I do think we will win, but I think it will be by 3. I don’t have high hopes, though. I’m just bringing my long johns, and expecting to have a good time with friendly folks. Headed up now. 

I would almost rather get blown out. I can’t take another winnable loss. But a winnable loss is likely

• Like 1