Texas opens as a 7 point underdog @ Iowa State

TexasMan

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I would rather get blown out. I can’t take another winnable loss

I get that, but I have a lot of respect for how your program has been elevated. Campbell has made y’all a solid program that is at least competitive in all your games. Yesterday’s game was unthinkable 5 years ago. To me, the biggest ingredient you’re missing this year is David Montgomery. I expect y’all to be better next year.

We’re just an inconsistent mess. 

• Like 2

I get that, but I have a lot of respect for how your program has been elevated. Campbell has made y’all a solid program that is at least competitive in all your games. Yesterday’s game was unthinkable 5 years ago. To me, the biggest ingredient you’re missing this year is David Montgomery. I expect y’all to be better next year.
We’re just an inconsistent mess. 

Our running game is pretty effective, actually. Our offense is pretty effective in general. They don’t make a ton of mistakes, they just make them at the worst possible time. Missing a little “clutch”.

The bigger issue is our defense is not getting as many turnovers (they have dropped 15-20 INTs) as previous years. They’re also HORRIBLE at 3rd and 10+. I bet our opponents are converting on over 50% of their 3rd and 10+s.

The weakest link is our special teams. Collectively, they have to be the worst in the league.

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

-9.5 is a lot for the OU team that played last night. 

OU has a lot of good refs. 

Bufu U had to use most of their Rig12 ref stamps on the Tech and TCU games, and are saving the usual 3-4 for the Texas game.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Our running game is pretty effective, actually. Our offense is pretty effective in general. They don’t make a ton of mistakes, they just make them at the worst possible time. Missing a little “clutch”.

The bigger issue is our defense is not getting as many turnovers (they have dropped 15-20 INTs) as previous years. They’re also HORRIBLE at 3rd and 10+. I bet our opponents are converting on over 50% of their 3rd and 10+s.

The weakest link is our special teams. Collectively, they have to be the worst in the league.

Texas says “hold my beer”

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

As long as the Texas DB's don't fall for the Purday pump repeatedly it should be a close game. If they can't contain themselves and keep falling for that it could be a long day for the Longhorns defense. Bob Knight would love to have that guy on his team.

Caden sterns being back helps out a lot 

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I want to believe, but Todd Orlando is still employed and the offense is still taking first quarters off on good days, and the whole first half on bad days. ISU covers.

Not sure why the Texas offense tends to have such slow starts in the 1st quarter...

Mensa must take time to warm up like a 60's GTO

1 hour ago, Victorious1 said:

I don't think I have seen the like of this thread...

UT fan:  We suck, we'll lose.

ISU fan:  No we suck more, we'll lose.

UT fan:  Didn't you see how bad we suck??? We have this loss wrapped up.

ISU fan:  Didn't you see our last game??? We suck way more and will lose.

UT fan:  Are you f'n kidding me?  Our coach does ____ and ___ to suck.  Eat shit and die stupid ISU fan...

I could describe last Saturday in the same way, only this version has "athletes" using a football passively. 

1 hour ago, Victorious1 said:

UT fan:  Are you f'n kidding me?  Our coach does ____ and ___ to suck.  Eat shit and die stupid ISU fan...

Did you read the pre-TCU thread at all?

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Matt Campbell hasn’t played a truly competitive game against Texas, ever. In none of those seasons has Texas been truly dominant. In all but maybe one, ISU has beaten (sometimes badly) teams that beat Texas. Every year, Texas snuffs ISU with relative ease.

Why is this year different? We aren’t better than we were the last two seasons. You aren’t worse. I mean, you clearly think you’re worse, but your current trajectory seems similar to last year.

Last year's Texas team would boatrace this year's Texas team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Victorious1 said:

They are terrible. We should lose convincingly.

18 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Not for you guys under Herman. He’s fully aware of what can happen in Ames, being an architect of probably the wildest thing to go down here. I think it’s why he can scrape by Kansas, lose to TCU, and dominate us.

Texas outright is a stone cold lock.

Not even the power of the reverse jinx will work this time.  I have my serious doubts

Just now, BabaYaga said:

JOR-JA seemed a little boat-racey to me, especially early on.  But I get the point.  

Texas plays much better against teams running antiquated offenses.  It's the only time Orlando doesn't shit himself.  

Edited by Fozzz

14 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Dude, you're supposed to be a Cyclone fan and tell us about them, not just describe the longhorns back to us.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

No butler is great. Thought once green left AC4 stepped it up. He looked good.

I am not sure I could get by without my butler. How long have you been going without yours?

Who else would warm and set out my clothes for the day, bring up the morning news on the WC computer monitor, pour my glass of OJ...

Oh, wait. Wrong thread. You weren’t talking about that butler, we’re you?

Carry on.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys don’t understand how worthless our kickers are.

I have a sinking field you’ll know full well come Saturday

Fuck you!

You're kicker will nail two 60 yarders and your punter will be the talk of the nation after Saturday. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Touche.

I'll revise- This year's Texas team would have little to zero chance of beating last year's Texas team.

And that's being generous.

Depends on the game.   Just looking at conference games, last years team played pretty damn shitty football against bad-to-awful OSU, KSU, KU and TT teams (all worse teams than this years version of each).  The team that beat OU, ISU and UGA did not show up every game.  People tend to forget that.   It's just that this years team has yet to have anything resembling a complete game.

• Like 2