Texas opens as a 7 point underdog @ Iowa State

TexasMan

17 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Thinking about driving the ~320 miles out to Ames this Sat to check this shitshow out. Should I buy an Iowa State shirt in case of a blowout? 

100% get yur ISU shirt.  Be sure to bring something warm to wear under it, might be the warmest day until next spring.

Ames, IA 10 Day Weather

10:56 am CST
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

NOV 11
Partly Cloudy/Wind
20°2°
0%
NNW 20 mph 58%
TUE

NOV 12
Mostly Sunny
23°17°
0%
SSW 11 mph 56%
WED

NOV 13
PM Snow Showers
33°18°
40%
SSW 12 mph 76%
THU

NOV 14
Sunny
29°19°
10%
NW 8 mph 75%
FRI

NOV 15
Mostly Sunny
38°25°
10%
ENE 6 mph 82%
SAT

NOV 16
Mostly Cloudy
43°30°
20%
SSE 13 mph 78%

2 hours ago, Victorious1 said:

100% get yur ISU shirt.  Be sure to bring something warm to wear under it, might be the warmest day until next spring.

Ames, IA 10 Day Weather

10:56 am CST
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

NOV 11
Partly Cloudy/Wind
20°2°
0%
NNW 20 mph 58%
TUE

NOV 12
Mostly Sunny
23°17°
0%
SSW 11 mph 56%
WED

NOV 13
PM Snow Showers
33°18°
40%
SSW 12 mph 76%
THU

NOV 14
Sunny
29°19°
10%
NW 8 mph 75%
FRI

NOV 15
Mostly Sunny
38°25°
10%
ENE 6 mph 82%
SAT

NOV 16
Mostly Cloudy
43°30°
20%
SSE 13 mph 78%

Not worried about the weather - more concerned with the walk of shame out of Jack Trice Stadium in the 3rd quarter. You live in Iowa?

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This would be amazing.

In all likelihood, we won’t kick much. They’re so bad that Campbell has started going for it on 4th outside the 15. If it’s too close to punt and longer than a PAT, we won’t bother

Looks like ISU has lost 4 games by a combined 11 points.  Seems like something a good kicker would help.  

23 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Our running game is pretty effective, actually. Our offense is pretty effective in general. They don’t make a ton of mistakes, they just make them at the worst possible time. Missing a little “clutch”.

The bigger issue is our defense is not getting as many turnovers (they have dropped 15-20 INTs) as previous years. They’re also HORRIBLE at 3rd and 10+. I bet our opponents are converting on over 50% of their 3rd and 10+s.

The weakest link is our special teams. Collectively, they have to be the worst in the league.

I know you are talking about ISU, but this could easily be the response for Texas this year. I bet it's a close game and not sure who comes out on top honestly. I'm leaning ISU since they are at home, but hope i'm wrong. Either way I hope Texas wins. ;)  🤘

You're goddamned right there's snow on the ground...

This line is horseshit.  Nothing during this season suggests that Campbell will figure out how to beat Herman.  Come back in the 4th quarter to lose by one, sure. Win? No. It's just the season we're having.  The slow starts are killing us and they're endemic to this team for whatever reason.

• Like 1

This line is horseshit.  Nothing during this season suggests that Campbell will figure out how to beat Herman.  Come back in the 4th quarter to lose by one, sure. Win? No. It's just the season we're having.  The slow starts are killing us and they're endemic to this team for whatever reason.

My understanding is that ISU has been throwing the ball more this year. Congrats, they've figured out how to beat Texas!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Not worried about the weather - more concerned with the walk of shame out of Jack Trice Stadium in the 3rd quarter. You live in Iowa?

You should go, it’s a cool place to watch a game and their fans are so used to having a shitty team for so many years they won’t beat you up to bad.  I’ve been to 2 UT games up there and it’s always a good time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowAggy said:

Your slow starts would blush at our slow starts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Of all the teams/programs/fan bases in the big 12, isu is definitely the most fun and easy to get along with

Agree 100%.  We tailgated and after-game partied the times I watched UT play up there and the whole town was welcoming.  They rooted for their team, but then they just wanted you to come and have a beer with them.

• Like 1

ISU fans are welcoming, will share their tailgates with you and treat you with respect.  Been to multiple games there since the early 2000s and never had a problem.

The only thing I've noticed is that they are the absolute worst at booing the refs.  I get it, they've been screwed over by the refs so much they think the world is out to get them (Jonathan Gray fumble, OU Pass Interference. etc.).  But they will boo the most obvious calls in the world. 

Offsides where the left tackle jumps?  Booooooo.  12 men on the field?  Booooo.  DB tackles the receiver before ball arrives?  Boooo.  You start to think it's sarcasm but then notice all the ISU fans around you are actually livid at the refs.  It's actually comical at times.  

55 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

ISU fans are welcoming, will share their tailgates with you and treat you with respect.  Been to multiple games there since the early 2000s and never had a problem.

The only thing I've noticed is that they are the absolute worst at booing the refs.  I get it, they've been screwed over by the refs so much they think the world is out to get them (Jonathan Gray fumble, OU Pass Interference. etc.).  But they will boo the most obvious calls in the world. 

Offsides where the left tackle jumps?  Booooooo.  12 men on the field?  Booooo.  DB tackles the receiver before ball arrives?  Boooo.  You start to think it's sarcasm but then notice all the ISU fans around you are actually livid at the refs.  It's actually comical at times.  

WIth have a whole thread of grievances against the Big 12 Refs here on Surly.  Sorry,  but ISU comes in second to our bitching!  

If they are that bad with the booing, I can only imagine the rage if they ever had an Okie State  vs Texas 2015 shit fest occur on their own turf. I still get pissed off to this day about that game and the BIg 12 response to it.