Texas opens as a 7 point underdog @ Iowa State

TexasMan

10 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Seems to me that the critical match up of this game will be our defensive front vs ISU's offensive line. Give Purdy happy feet and shore up their run game, we win going away ala last year. Let him set up camp like TCU's 12 year old QB, and we're fucked.

I think that even if Purdy does get more time it won't be enough for long enough.  We keep it close but lose...again.

7 minutes ago, SnowAggy said:

I think that even if Purdy does get more time it won't be enough for long enough.  We keep it close but lose...again.

Texas has the worst pass rush in the country and sends delayed blitzes from 20 yards out. Purdy will have enough time to sit back there and drink a beer.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Not for you guys under Herman. He’s fully aware of what can happen in Ames, being an architect of probably the wildest thing to go down here. I think it’s why he can scrape by Kansas, lose to TCU, and dominate us.

Texas outright is a stone cold lock.

ISWYDT.  Reverse jinxology. 

22 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Texas has the worst pass rush in the country and sends delayed blitzes from 20 yards out. Purdy will have enough time to sit back there and drink a beer.

New strategy to beat Iowa State.... give Brock a beer 🍺 early in the 1st quarter then have him immediately arrested for underaged drinking.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Y’all  need to counter these guys reverse jinx posts 

Well B12 and NCAA won’t outlaw or penalize for this forward pass thing, that apparently there is no defense against, so we are screwed by “the system” yet again.

Purdy plays dirty by passing across the line of scrimmage. Doomed.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

No need.  They are statistically better across the board as confirmed by Vegas line and every computer model predictor.  In addition to prior injuries, we now have starting OL out and best CB out for the first half (because he's a dumbass).  And if that's not enough, the 'eye test" shows that even though on paper we SHOULD be better than the statistics, we have yet to play even 3 consecutive quarters of solid football up to this teams potential all season, much less 4 (which is what we'll need to win).  So yeah, we pretty much have no shot. 

Edited by Skipper

Making my first trip to Ames.  Please turn on the heater before I get there.  So what are some good bars up there? 

Tip Top on Saturday AM. This is not negotiable.

Campustown: Es Tas and Welch Ave Station are my favorites. Both have good food and beer selection. Cafe Beaudelaire has excellent food. Plethora of non descript but fun college bars like Cy’s, Mickeys, Paddy’s, Outlaw’s that will have scenery. Thumbs and Mothers are just outside of Campustown and a ton of fun. Thumbs is a dive, Mother’s is live tunes.

Downtown: aforementioned Tip Top is in this area. Whiskey River and London Underground are my go-tos here. Dino’s and Sportsmen’s are towny dives that are also fun. Torrent Brewing is solid as well. Cornbred if you’re eating down here. Great Plains Sauce & Dough is an ISU institution in this neighborhood, but it’s never been my favorite pizza.

If you’re a craft beer guy, Alluvial in north Ames is excellent.

• Like 4

Listen to Al.  We went to that Thursday night game in 2013 and didn't heed any prior advice.  To be fair, we got there with maybe 75 minutes to hang out since our Des Moines flight was delayed because of some SWA issues.  Everybody in the parking lots was super nice and gave us any food and drink they had (we had brought a little with us in some backpacks).  This was right before Uber really took off so we tried to call some cabs when we got there to take us closer to campus/town but it was just too long.  We hung out for about 45 minutes after the game and even though we won with some help from Mack's whining...the fans were very cordial and helped clear out traffic for us so our bus could make it out of the lots faster and back to Des Moines for the ride home.  But those people are fantastic, I gained some street cred since I have some distant relatives in the eastern Iowa region.  But spend as much time up there before the game as you can and don't be in a rush to get outta there either way.  

Yeah, it's gonna be cold but football and heat stroke were never intended to be one and the same.  Y'al have fun up there, safe travels, please come home with a win.  And listen to Al.  Unless he tells you about that Davenport "woman" recently arrived from Laos.  

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Texas defense show up and go “Deliverance” and tell him he’s got a Purdy mouth.

5 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

You rang?

If TO figures out Ossai is a rushing LB and not a NB and he stops blitzing from Indiana, we have a shot.  But he won't.  4th quarter last possession ISU 3rd and 13 will receive the patented zero blitz TD play for the loss.

15 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Georgia lost to South Carolina at home, that should get you kicked out of the playoffs. 

Fromm made a strategic error by not having a press conference to promise "that will never, ever, ever, never, ever happen again" .  he could have gotten a plaque in addition.

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We're undefeated in the black alternates.

A desperate play to end Campbell's Streak of Futility Against Texas.

Narrator: "It's unnecessary.  Texas' 2019 defense is all that is required for an ISU win."

Edited by utee94