Surly Lib PAC

Larry T. Spider

54 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Never donated to a political race in my life.  My local races are not close and will not be swayed.  Just gave $250 directly to Biden and plan to give about $1000 more this cycle.  This shit changes so fast and it’s difficult to wade through all the different threads to figure out where dems can realistically flip a race with some resources.  What are some national races where some money can actually currently make a difference?

If you're in Texas, even if your local races aren't competitive, the list of state house races Troph listed are a great place to start. A little money goes a long way in those races, and flipping the Texas House should be high priority if you're a Texan that cares about  turning Texas blue. With redistricting coming up in the next cycle, it's imperative we stop the Republicans from even more egregious gerrymandering. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If you're in Texas, even if your local races aren't competitive, the list of state house races Troph listed are a great place to start. A little money goes a long way in those races, and flipping the Texas House should be high priority if you're a Texan that cares about  turning Texas blue. With redistricting coming up in the next cycle, it's imperative we stop the Republicans from even more egregious gerrymandering. 

Just referenced that list this morning to make my next round of donations.  

Here is the list that Democrats are targeting in the Texas House:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-10.56.25-AM-1024x929.png

Obviously, this is hugely important not just for redistricting.

This is going to be a budget-cutting year.  If given a chance, Abbott and Patrick's cuts to education and heath and human services will be absolutely catastrophic.  Schools are already underfunded.  And the foster-care system is a (literal) scandal.  If the Dems don't take the House, it will only get worse.

And then there's the stupid shit, like Abbott's claim that he's going to take over the police department of any city that reduces its police budget.  Obviously, if the Dems win the House, none of that stupid shit happens.

In talking to my politically connected Dem friends, they're getting more and more confident about the House.  Their confidence is quiet.  But they're really starting to like their chances of taking the House.  But they still need a lot of help (i.e., $$$$$) to pull it off.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Going to donate shortly. I don’t have much faith in Georgia, but gotta try. 

How much you think Dems are going to get for that race?  If they can puss away $200 million for silly charges at the Turtle and graham it seems like 300 million plus could be in play in GA?  I’m amazed at how well team blue has cranked up the fund raising machine. Just incredible. Truly. I imagine GA will not lack funds in the runoff. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

How much you think Dems are going to get for that race?  If they can puss away $200 million for silly charges at the Turtle and graham it seems like 300 million plus could be in play in GA?  I’m amazed at how well team blue has cranked up the fund raising machine. Just incredible. Truly. I imagine GA will not lack funds in the runoff. 

I don’t think money makes a huge difference anymore. I mean, yeah it it’s millions for Dems and thousands for Rs, ok, but it will be fairly similar and I think people are in their corners. Very few minds changing due to a fuck ton of money.  Hope I’m wrong. 

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I don’t think money makes a huge difference anymore. I mean, yeah it it’s millions for Dems and thousands for Rs, ok, but it will be fairly similar and I think people are in their corners. Very few minds changing due to a fuck ton of money.  Hope I’m wrong. 

Oh I tend to agree, but they will spend the money and raise it like crazy. I’m very interested in seeing where the number ends up. These races are going to be absolutely fascinating. 

Hearing that the Surly Lib PAC has been added to the indictment against Bannon and the Build the Wall gofundme him and those grifters set up that they stole all the money from. Not sure anyone will get their money back, I heard Larry and jimmyjazz took most of the money and bought boats that subsequently sunk when they went to the Trump boat rally on Lake Travis to show that cooperation between liberals and Republicans is possible.