What if LJH would have stayed for this season? I say likely only 1 loss.

El Squared

To me, the biggest difference besides defense suckage has been no one that took over LJH role.

Not only did he have receptions at crucial times, but others  like CJ played better, and as a team I suspect there were fewer drops last season that this year. Yes Duv has blossomed but imagine both of them on the field together. Just wondering about a parallel universe I guess.

This years offense is much more explosive and better overall.  LJH was awesome but I'm not sure we were maximizing the slot position fully with his skill set.  Collin isn't struggling because LJH isn't on the field.  He's struggling because every DB is grabbing and pulling on him and the refs for some reason allow it because he's 6'6.  That and he was injured for 3 or so games.   Had he stayed I would have dumped the 11 personnel and played 4 WR sets with Eagles and CJ on the outside and Duv and LJH on the inside.  

• Like 2

If LJH could have played all 11 defensive positions at once, perhaps.  Most of our shitness has been on defense although the offense has it moments.  And most of those are due to Sam’s and Mensa’s mental farts which in most cases didn’t involve the WR’s.   Some of those INTs Sam threw to wide open DBs would be the same if LJH was on the field.   

He bailed us out a lot last year, he was a guaranteed first down on third.  Passes that we’re going to be interceptions he went over the defender and caught more then once.  I agree, probably only 1 loss with him still here.  Without him last year we had atleast 2 more losses and the most obvious was Tech where he took a easy int on a terrible throw at the end of the game from the defender. 

Edited by Hook1997

38 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

If LJH could have played all 11 defensive positions at once, perhaps.  Most of our shitness has been on defense although the offense has it moments.  And most of those are due to Sam’s and Mensa’s mental farts which in most cases didn’t involve the WR’s.   Some of those INTs Sam threw to wide open DBs would be the same if LJH was on the field.   

OU was getting 11 wins a season by just offense-ing past a trash defense. 

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We would have won it all in 2008 had Charles and Finley stayed

No doubt in my mind....

and in 2009 if colt takes that hit just two inches to either side.

mack should have three MNC over a five year run and should be considered one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

mack should have three MNC over a five year run and should be considered one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport. 

Or didn't take that hit from KSU in the same spot his freshman year.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

And if VY stayed for his senior year.. zomg!!!!!

• Like 1

LJH has some uncanny abilities that CJ and Duv, singly or in combination can't duplicate.

Most notably, the ability to haul in a slightly errant Ehlinger pass and really do something with it.

He made Sam and the offense overall more effective.  CJ mostly stops where he catches it, Duv runs like a ball of hate, but can't haul in the jacked up throws.

8 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Dev 78 rec 900+ yards dude is killing it. The issue is Orlando 

This. If LJH came back, Duvernay wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing. He wouldn’t have taken the next step. LJH has been sufficiently replaced. We were always destined to have 4 losses minimum with this shittastic defense.