2020 NFL DRAFT

Napoleon

It's Sunday, November 10th, 2019...

"And with the First Pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select former Mr. Football for the state of Ohio, JOE BURROWS, quarterback out of LSU."

Earning Mr. Football and winning the Gatorade Onio Player of the Year playing QB in Athens, Ohio, where his father was a football coach at the University of Ohio. The closest NFL franchise was/is the Cincinnati Bengals and after first going to Ohio State and later transferring to LSU, Joe Burrows "comes home" to try to steer the Bengals out of the NFL cellar.  

The Washington Redskins are on the clocks.

1 hour ago, trza-hawk said:

Kind of odd reason to start a thread about the draft after one guy gets injured. When a whole lot of other guys will get injured between now and the draft.

The thread was started a week ago because Burrow (without an “S”) established himself as the best QB in college football. 

This week he had a hiccup game, but now only the Oregon QB looks like competition to Burrow for the #1 pick. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

College Football Underclassmen Who Should Declare for 2020 NFL Draft

DAVID KENYON.  DECEMBER 12, 2019

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866363-college-football-underclassmen-who-should-declare-for-2020-nfl-draft#slide3

Damn - from the article

• Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
  • Najee Harris, Alabama
  • Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
  • Henry Ruggs III, Alabama
  • DeVonta Smith, Alabama
  • Alex Leatherwood and Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama
  • Terrell Lewis, Alabama
  • Dylan Moses, Alabama
  • Xavier McKinney, Alabama

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

College Football Underclassmen Who Should Declare for 2020 NFL Draft

DAVID KENYON.  DECEMBER 12, 2019

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866363-college-football-underclassmen-who-should-declare-for-2020-nfl-draft#slide3

Cant believe Murray is still only a Jr. Feel like he has been at Ou for 6 years. 

Adam Schefter chats with Baylor head coach Matt Rhule about turning around the Baylor program and dealing with coaching rumors in the NFL. Then, Todd McShay chats about Chase Young, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert (23:00). And Ravens' Ronnie Stanley explains why he knew this year's team was special before the season started (35:50). Finally, Evan Kaplan joins Adam to chat about the upcoming week and playoff talk (46:20)

The Adam Schaffer Podcast:  "Coaching Rumors"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/coaching-rumors/id1190094109?i=1000459915690

Black Monday, the day after the final Sunday in the NFL's regular season, is when head coaches often transition from the hot seat to the unemployment line. And it's approaching quickly. But what lands coaches on the hot seat in the first place? ESPN NFL Insider Dan Graziano joins Mina Kimes to discuss how coaches wind up with job insecurity, and how they can avoid the chopping block.

The Adam Schefter Podcast:  "Hot Seat Szn: The NFL Coaching Carousel"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hot-seat-szn-the-nfl-coaching-carousel/id1190094109?i=1000460302139

Edited by LTtxfan

On 12/15/2019 at 8:45 PM, Rabidhorn said:

I know Dallas needs a S badly and this is gonna sound crazy, trade away D-Law and load up on Defense starting with DE and S with your two first round picks. Time to start looking at a replacement for T Smith.

They can’t trade Lawrence. All the guaranteed money would get accelerated to this year and kill their cap. 

On 12/15/2019 at 8:45 PM, Rabidhorn said:

I know Dallas needs a S badly and this is gonna sound crazy, trade away D-Law and load up on Defense starting with DE and S with your two first round picks. Time to start looking at a replacement for T Smith.

Good luck convincing the morons who run Dallas that safety matters. They will continue to only value the "Sexy" positions such as DE and DB and go the cheap route at the teeth of the defense. And then wonder why they continue to get butt fucked every time they advance to the divisional round and face a good offense. There was a lot of good safeties last year, too but we drafted some spare DT who can't even see the field.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, BabaYaga said:

Damn - from the article

• Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
  • Najee Harris, Alabama
  • Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
  • Henry Ruggs III, Alabama
  • DeVonta Smith, Alabama
  • Alex Leatherwood and Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama
  • Terrell Lewis, Alabama
  • Dylan Moses, Alabama
  • Xavier McKinney, Alabama

Tell me again why we aren’t as good as Alabama?

TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock is headed to the NFL. The junior will forego his senior season as he announced his declaration for the NFL on Friday via his Twitter account.

"Dear Frog Nation, I would like to thank Coach Patterson and Coach Fitch for believing in me. They gave me the opportunity to play the game that I love dearly and receive an education from Texas Christian University. I want to send an extended thank you to my TCU family and everyone I have met along the way. They relationships I have made created a bond that will last forever. I'm thankful for the constant trials and tribulations, the obstacles, the ups and downs and the lessons learned along this path of becoming a man. This decision has been weighing on me for some time now. A wise man once told me, "follow your hear and you will never go wrong." Playing in the NFL has always been a dream of mine since I was 5 years old. After much prayer and discussion with my family, I have decided to forgo my remaining eligibility and will enter the 2020 NFL Draft. Forever grateful,Ross Blacklock."

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock is headed to the NFL. The junior will forego his senior season as he announced his declaration for the NFL on Friday via his Twitter account.

"Dear Frog Nation, I would like to thank Coach Patterson and Coach Fitch for believing in me. They gave me the opportunity to play the game that I love dearly and receive an education from Texas Christian University. I want to send an extended thank you to my TCU family and everyone I have met along the way. They relationships I have made created a bond that will last forever. I'm thankful for the constant trials and tribulations, the obstacles, the ups and downs and the lessons learned along this path of becoming a man. This decision has been weighing on me for some time now. A wise man once told me, "follow your hear and you will never go wrong." Playing in the NFL has always been a dream of mine since I was 5 years old. After much prayer and discussion with my family, I have decided to forgo my remaining eligibility and will enter the 2020 NFL Draft. Forever grateful,Ross Blacklock."

Good. He is their best player on defense.

There are a ton of great receivers in this draft.

If teams do their homework, I think that D Duvernay goes before C Johnson.

Also, LJH better continue to work his ass off, because there will plenty of good WRs looking to get on practice squads.

As a Cowboys fan, I'm wanting if any coaches have declared early.

Saban has OT coming back for Senior Season...

Alabama OT Alex Leatherwood to return to Crimson Tide

Leatherwood, a first-team All-SEC selection, ranks No. 21 on Mel Kiper's latest Big Board for the 2020 NFL draft. He wrote on Twitter that he wants to finish his degree at Alabama and, after talking with coach Nick Saban, opted to return.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28410336/alabama-ot-alex-leatherwood-return-crimson-tide

Edited by LTtxfan

Does anyone outside of DD, CJ, and BJ have a shot at getting drafted? I have to imagine that at least one or two guys out of Shack, Braun, Mcculloch, and Roach will pull a classic Longhorn performs better than expected or than in college maneuver (Poona Ford, Jordan Hicks, Deshon Elliot, Marcus Johnson). 

Edited by Sock Monkey