2020 NFL DRAFT

Napoleon

59 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Does anyone outside of DD, CJ, and BJ have a shot at getting drafted? I have to imagine that at least one or two guys out of Shack, Braun, Mcculloch, and Roach will pull a classic Longhorn performs better than expected or than in college maneuver (Poona Ford, Jordan Hicks, Deshon Elliot, Marcus Johnson). 

Probably not. Roach, Shack, or Braun could maybe squeak in as 7th rounders, but it’s u likely.

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Huge risk but he had no choice. I’m not sold on his arm strength for the nfl 

He has the arm strength and most every other thing needed of a NFL QB, just injury prone and not 6'5". He seems to lack flexibility in his lower body, leading to the injuries so far.

6 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Tua is making the right decision.  Cash in now.  Saban gives no shits about that kids health or well being.  He should have no loyalty to him.

aflac-5-star-recruit-with-nick-saban

He Said he could help with some expenses that aren’t covered by Tua’s major medical insurance. What else do you want?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Tua is making the right decision.  Cash in now.  Saban gives no shits about that kids health or well being.  He should have no loyalty to him.

True on the first two, bullshit on the second two. His former players, with a few exceptions, love the guy and come back to campus to work out in the off-season. 

49 minutes ago, bamachine said:

True on the first two, bullshit on the second two. His former players, with a few exceptions, love the guy and come back to campus to work out in the off-season. 

They must not teach reading comprehension in Alabama.  I did not say anything about players.

Unless Tua's medical evaluations at the combine or the followup are a disaster he'll be selected in the first round. Clay Travis made a compelling point, Tua could fall to a better team later in the first round. I'm curious to see if he'll hold up after two ankle surgeries and a major hip injury, that's going to alarm a lot of potential suitors.

5 hours ago, Chad said:

Unless Tua's medical evaluations at the combine or the followup are a disaster he'll be selected in the first round. Clay Travis made a compelling point, Tua could fall to a better team later in the first round. I'm curious to see if he'll hold up after two ankle surgeries and a major hip injury, that's going to alarm a lot of potential suitors.

Doesn't get past Miami at 5.

7 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

You still are nit reading what I wrote.  It is real simple.  Pronouns and adjectives, learn them.

You said he gives no shits about that kid's health. That kid being a player of his, hence he cares nothing about his players, hence my retort that they seem to love the guy, even though according to you, he does not care about them. Now show me exactly where I missed anything.

10 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Fromm is in too

Georgia QB Jake Fromm declares for '20 NFL Draft 

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah noted before the 2019 campaign that Fromm was likely to be a polarizing draft prospect, with good accuracy and field vision but lacking arm strength and ideal athleticism. Following a seesaw season, those questions likely remain as scouting departments pick over prospects.

Fromm enters a fairly loaded QB class that already boasts LSU's Joe Burrow, Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa, Oregon's Justin Herbert, Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts, Eason -- who finished out his career at Washington -- and Utah State's Jordan Love, among others. The NFL certainly has plenty of room for good young quarterbacks. Where they land might determine each one's individual growth at the pro level.

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They might have 8+ guys declare. I mean, fuck. Charles, Chaisson, Vincent, the TB, Deculus, Phillips, Moss, Stevens. I mean, that's 12 guys. I'm thinking more than 8 is probable at this point. Wow.

8+ guys from LSU declaring plus Brady gone

Legit OC hire 

Rhule gone + early entrants and huge senior class graduating 

CeeDee Lamb declaring 

Tom made a deal with the devil, right? 

a good list of LSU early guys

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_932fdddc-37e1-11ea-a8e8-2b6150f1bc15.html

Grant Delpit, Junior . Patrick Queen, Junior , Jacob Phillips, Junior , Justin Jefferson, Junior Lloyd Cushenberry III, Junior , Saahdiq Charles, Junior

That's 6, but some say 8 have declared. Who from the below list are the other 2? 

POTENTIAL NFL DRAFT ENTRANTS

• JaCoby Stevens, Junior
  • Kary Vincent Jr., Junior
  • K'Lavon Chaisson, RS Soph
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Junior
  • Zach Von Rosenberg, Junior
  • Ray Thornton, Junior
  • Andre Anthony, Junior
  • Tyler Shelvin, RS Soph
  • Austin Deculus, Junior
  • Thaddeus Moss, Junior
  • Glen Logan, Junior

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So far today for LSU, Delpit, Jefferson, Queen, and Cushenberry have declared.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28490915/star-safety-grant-delpit-headlines-4-lsu-players-enter-2020-draft

Star safety Grant Delpit headlines 4 LSU players to enter 2020 draft

The offseason departure of leading LSU talent has kicked into gear, with two-time All-American safety Grant Delpit highlighting a group of four players to declare their intentions on Wednesday to enter the NFL draft.

Wide receiver Justin Jefferson, offensive lineman Lloyd Cushenberry III and linebacker Patrick Queen joined Delpit in deciding to go pro.

• ESPN's Mel Kiper ranks Delpit as the top draft-eligible safety and No. 10 overall prospect for the 2020 draft.
  • Jefferson, rated Kiper's No. 7 wide receiver, had 111 receptions for 1,540 yards and 18 touchdowns this season. He had nine catches for 106 yards in LSU's title game win over Clemson. Jefferson made his announcement to leave the Tigers to Yahoo Sports.
  • Queen, who is not ranked among Kiper's top-10 prospects at linebacker, finished with 85 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, an interception and 2 pass breakups on the year. In the win over Clemson, Queen racked up 8 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and a half-sack.
  • Cushenberry is the No. 6-ranked center in Mel Kiper's rankings by position.
Edited by LTtxfan

https://247sports.com/Article/2020-NFL-Draft-underclassmen-College-players-leaving-early-for-the-NFL-139685874/

FYI:  "The deadline for college underclassmen to apply for special eligibility for the draft is Jan. 20, 2020. A full list of early entrants who have been granted special eligibility will be released by the NFL on Jan. 24."

Edited by LTtxfan

9 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

SIAP but now Jordan Elliot is getting first round grades. Wtf? When did he do well at mizzu?

It's all about measurables, I guess. From what I can tell, he never blew things away there although I always remember him being mentioned by broadcasters and making SEC teams as a 2nd or 3rd string guy. Someone else will have to correct me or enlighten me otherwise, but his stats look about the same as Malcolm Roach's. 

Tackles Def Int Fumbles
Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
Career Overall         52 24 76 18.0 5.5 0 0   0 4 0     1
  Texas         4 4 8 1.5 0.0 0 0   0 0 0     0
  Missouri         48 20 68 16.5 5.5 0 0   0 4 0     1
2016 Texas Big 12 FR DL 4 4 4 8 1.5 0.0 0 0   0 0 0     0
*2018 Missouri SEC SO DL 10 17 7 24 8.0 3.0 0 0   0 1 0     1
2019 Missouri SEC JR DL 12 31 13 44 8.5 2.5 0 0   0 3 0     0
Edited by SydneyCarton