2020 NFL DRAFT

Napoleon

24 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I think it could happen if he gets drafted into the perfect situation. Both Chubb and Michel were better than him entering the draft. I think Jonathan Taylor has more promise.

Taylor has a ton of miles on him though. That’s my only concern with him. 

13 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Just in terms of raw talent, he’s easily the best qb in the draft. So if you’re a coach that has a lot of confidence, you can say “I know exactly what went wrong at Utah state. If I get him here and get back to the fundamentals, he’s the guy”. Not saying I agree with that, but it makes perfect sense.

If he would’ve had his pro day, I think we’d be hearing a lot more about Jordan love as a top 15 lock, just because of the wow factor of his talent (kinda like how josh Allen was a few years ago)

I compare Love to Brett Hundley. No, not stylistic but in terms of upside. There was a time where Hundley was a first rounder. I never got it. I don’t get Love either. He is not good. Ok, he lost his coach Matt Wells to Tech, who by the way is a disaster for Tech, and possibly the worst Big 12 coach. I predicted a few post above that Herbert would be a bust, if love is taken in the first round...I feel he will be the biggest bust of the 2020 draft.

Edited by hundredTT

3 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

I compare Love to Brett Hundley. No, not stylistic but in terms of upside. There was a time where Hundley was a first rounder. I never got it. I don’t get Love either. He is not good. Ok, he lost his coach Matt Wells to Tech, who by the way is a disaster for Tech, and possibly the west Big 12 coach. I predicted a few post above that Herbert would be a bust, if love is taken in the first round...I feel he will be the biggest bust of the 2020 draft.

That’s fair. I’m just regurgitating what I’ve been hearing the last few days. I don’t have a real opinion on the guy. Hopefully he gets drafted by an NFC team and he’s a bust, or he gets drafted by an AFC team and he’s a franchise qb lol. 

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s fair. I’m just regurgitating what I’ve been hearing the last few days. I don’t have a real opinion on the guy. Hopefully he gets drafted by an NFC team and he’s a bust, or he gets drafted by an AFC team and he’s a franchise qb lol. 

Haha same here brother. I watched Love his JR year and though he was pretty good. - watching those random Utah St games. But always felt like he was a backup at best. But who knows, the QB position is changing as well, he may be a beast haha.  

I watched Love lead an offense to 7 points against Air Force in person. He was so comically bad I was asking people around me when will they bench this guy and play the backup? 

And people think that guy is a first round talent? He fucking sucks at QB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I watched Love lead an offense to 7 points against Air Force in person. He was so comically bad I was asking people around me when will they bench this guy and play the backup? 

And people think that guy is a first round talent? He fucking sucks at QB. 

i didn't watch a single game of his.  i've only watched tape.  but he's far and away the most physically talented this year.  and the throws he can make are NFL elite type throws.  his upside, if he can consistently channel that level, is top 5 qb.  how many games did you watch?  what's the disconnect between what you see and what the scouting reports are saying? 

There are so many talent WRs in this draft. Obviously I am biased about Devin but I also like Pittman out of USC. Neither of them projected to go in round one. 

also, not sure why (maybe it’s his huge salary) but I was expecting Goodell’s basement to be fancier? He previewedit earlier on NFL network. To be fair since  most of us are seeing a lot of famous people’s homes...living rooms etc, they are kinda underwhelming? 

1 minute ago, Rabidhorn said:

ESPN never stops making me sick, claiming Burrow has the best season of any college QB EVER, AAAAAAAA NO, Vince Young, MNC, best combined season ever.

I mean...he did, man. I love VY, and I think he’s a better college qb, but Burrow’s 2019 was the best ever. Straight up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

Wells is a good coach.  try and reserve judgement for a another year or two. 

Wait, you mean this place where if a Freshman sucks that’s all he’s ever gonna be? Can’t get any better the older he gets? Reserving judgement is not what this place does, sir. Moose out front shouldn’t told ya. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Hunnert’s always been a POS regarding Tech.  Worser than Futureman towards Dak.

Whatever...

What has told you that Wells is a good coach? Tech needs someone eccentric, Wells is not that and won’t win shit there. 

And again, Love is horrible and he will get someone fired if he’s drafted tonight. 

Houston is reportedly looking to trade up in the draft. Gee...if only they had a world class WR they could offer to move up? I wonder what they are after. It wouldn’t  shock me at all if they traded Watson for a year supply of Sierra Mist.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

What has told you that Wells is a good coach? Tech needs someone eccentric, Wells is not that and won’t win shit there. 

And again, Love is horrible and he will get someone fired if he’s drafted tonight. 

Wells went 11-2 and had the 17th most productive passing offense in the country, with Love at QB in 2018.

Wells was named Mountain West COTY in 2018.  Jordan Love was 2nd team All Mountain West, behind little Rypien.

In 2019, Love was  Mountain West POTY on offense.

Granted, it's the Mountain West; but they did pretty well for where they were.

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Wells went 11-2 and had the 17th most productive passing offense in the country, with Love at QB in 2018.

Wells was named Mountain West COTY in 2018.  Jordan Love was 2nd team All Mountain West, behind little Rypien.

In 2019, Love was  Mountain West POTY on offense.

Granted, it's the Mountain West; but they did pretty well for where they were.

I’ll be ready to eat crow, but I don’t see Wells or Love achieving anything. What’s your take on their careers?  Love seems to lack some common sense too, not a trait I want to see from my QB. Not saying his marijuana charge is a deal breaker, but it doesn't help him. 

25 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

I’ll be ready to eat crow, but I don’t see Wells or Love achieving anything. What’s your take on their careers?  Love seems to lack some common sense too, not a trait I want to see from my QB. Not saying his marijuana charge is a deal breaker, but it doesn't help him. 

My take is that they damned sure haven't underachieved so far.

That doesn't mean they'll kick ass tomorrow, but holy hell, you make it sound as if they've never done shit and nobody ever recognized it.

33 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Fuck man, you know everything. 

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

My take is that they damned sure haven't underachieved so far.

That doesn't mean they'll kick ass tomorrow, but holy hell, you make it sound as if they've never done shit and nobody ever recognized it.

It's called an opinion. I feel both maxed out at Utah St, and now both have and are moving to the big leagues and won't have success. But whatever. I love the draft, watching with my pops again at his house. I mentioned last years draft he has dementia and somehow this captures him. He already has his newspaper and pen out to make his notes. He's done this since I was a kid ha. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

What happens if the old farts sitting at home making picks get hacked? Or lose their internet camera? 
honestly, we need a small screen on Jerruh, BoB and possibly that owner from Jacksonville 

The Begals drafted Johnny Fucking Football.