2020 NFL DRAFT

Napoleon

Hawks traded next years 6th to move into the almost last 7th rnd pick and they selected the other TE/WR from LSU..... 
check these out for season stats 12 catches, 130 yards, 0 TD's..... 6'5" 250lbs ran a 4.6. Must be a blocker right? Nope, terrible blocker and never even lined up with his hand in the dirt, 2 point stance only. Apparently has natural hands so that's not the issue.
none of that adds up lmao. 
edit: I guess I could put the guys name. Stephen Sullivan. 
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stephen-sullivan?id=32195355-4c65-4841-66b1-7427b1ac895d

Sullivan was homeless his entire senior year of HS, at one point even living out of his car surviving on school lunches and charity. first person in his fam to graduate HS and college...and did so in 3 years. he put team before himself his last year. and he’s a devastating downfield blocker.

he can’t get separation on his routes; that’s his negative. but everything else is an A+...he does all the little things for the team, and because of that he’ll make the roster.
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Sullivan was homeless his entire senior year of HS, at one point even living out of his car surviving on school lunches and charity. first person in his fam to graduate HS and college...and did so in 3 years. he put team before himself his last year. and he’s a devastating downfield blocker.

he can’t get separation on his routes; that’s his negative. but everything else is an A+...he does all the little things for the team, and because of that he’ll make the roster.

I'm not gonna lie I am VERY intrigued by this selection (SEA fan). Giving up a 6th next year to grab him and not risk UDFA is a very strong signal that PCJS believe in him.

More often than not, the guys they trade up to go get end up hitting. This will be a cool story to follow. Appreciate the insight.

Edited by cam4mav

I'm not gonna lie I am VERY intrigued by this selection (SEA fan). Giving up a 6th next year to grab him and not risk UDFA is a very strong signal that PCJS believe in him.
More often than not, the guys they trade up to go get end up hitting. This will be a cool story to follow. Appreciate the insight.

Carrol and Coach O are very tight...Coach O was the only position coach Carrol retained at USC, and O credits Carrol with teaching him how to be a head coach. bet your ass that they talked about S2.

he really is a great guy. had a much bigger role last year but accepted a backseat this season. was always the first to great the O on the sideline after a score, and accepted his role like a professional.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cam4mav said:

Hawks traded next years 6th to move into the almost last 7th rnd pick and they selected the other TE/WR from LSU..... 

check these out for season stats 12 catches, 130 yards, 0 TD's..... 6'5" 250lbs ran a 4.6. Must be a blocker right? Nope, terrible blocker and never even lined up with his hand in the dirt, 2 point stance only. Apparently has natural hands so that's not the issue.

none of that adds up lmao. 

edit: I guess I could put the guys name. Stephen Sullivan. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stephen-sullivan?id=32195355-4c65-4841-66b1-7427b1ac895d

Did you see LSU's wide receivers last season?  Why would Burrow ever throw to a TE?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fellside said:

Deshon Elliott said OSU and LSU develop talent well. A fan replied that UT does too. Elliott responded with a cap which means lie.

Lol - Maybe if the dude didn’t jump to the NFL after one solid year he would’ve been a bit more polished coming out. 

Also had all of 6 tackles through 6 games last year so doesn’t look like NFL is developing him real well either.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Great backstory. Hopefully he makes it and can be a voice for others in a similar situation.

Great backstory. Hopefully he makes it and can be a voice for others in a similar situation.

he’s a great kid, but he’s not alone re: LSU draftees.

Adrian Magee (OL) graduated HS without a single scholarship offer at any level, went the JUCO route, walked on, we offered and he accepted and he started 28 straight games for us, culminating in his being a 3rd round pick.

but S2’s story is special. he’s a GREAT guy, absolutely the type of kid you wouldn’t have any problem with being your own son’s mentor.

i hope he makes it; i have every confidence he’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Wow--7. Jamycal Hasty, Baylor

Wild that he's still available.  Guess BU didn't work for him after all.  

Also, more familiar names at corner:

2. Parnell Motley, Oklahoma

3. Grayland Arnold, Baylor

5. DeMarkus Acy, Missouri

Updated list of Baylor UDFA signings:

JaMycal Hasty - 49ers

Jameson Houston - Browns

Grayland Arnold - Eagles

Blake Lynch - Vikings

James Lockhart - Steelers

Jordan Williams - Falcons

Chris Miller - Seahawks

Ross Matiscik - Jaguars

Henry Black - Packers

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Updated list of Baylor UDFA signings:

JaMycal Hasty - 49ers

Jameson Houston - Browns

Grayland Arnold - Eagles

Blake Lynch - Vikings

James Lockhart - Steelers

Jordan Williams - Falcons

Chris Miller - Seahawks

Ross Matiscik - Jaguars

Henry Black - Packers

Damn, Rhule had to leave Baylor because the returning 2020 squad was gonna suck... LOL 😀

5 minutes ago, SDG said:

On a positive note we are expected to have 2 first rounders next year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2888529-2021-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-next-years-top-prospects

Caden Sterns is a first rounder like Collin Johnson was supposed to be a first rounder. He's limited athletically and has tackling and injury issues. 

He'd have to have a crazy year in production.

Cosmi is our best bet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Caden Sterns is a first rounder like Collin Johnson was supposed to be a first rounder. He's limited athletically and has tackling and injury issues. 

Cosmi is our best bet.

I think Sterns is pretty athletic for his position, not sure I can say the same about CJ.

As a football fan, not a Packer fan, I'm still pissed that the Packers took Love.  I want Rodgers to have some help and make one last run.

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think Sterns is pretty athletic for his position, not sure I can say the same about CJ.

As a football fan, not a Packer fan, I'm still pissed that the Packers took Love.  I want Rodgers to have some help and make one last run.

Not a Packers fan huh.... seems like the current GM/Coach were trying to sabotage this year's Packers Draft...

Siap... C'mon no WR's drafted to help Aaron -- that's crazy

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Cosmi is our best bet.

Truth. Just a known name at a big school with really high expectations based on potential. These lists are just there to entertain us during the off season. nothing more.

So if I counted correctly, and I hope I did, 3 kids drafted and only 1 udfa so far? Boy that is really developing your kids there Mensa. That will be super easy for every team in the country to recruit against. Arkansas had 3-5 UDFAs.

That is absolutely pathetic development of players.

• Fuck You 2

So if I counted correctly, and I hope I did, 3 kids drafted and only 1 udfa so far? Boy that is really developing your kids there Mensa. That will be super easy for every team in the country to recruit against. Arkansas had 3-5 UDFAs.

Malcolm roach signed with the saints.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

2 UDFA - Roach/Saints and Shack/Bucs

Point still stands.

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

In fairness, the '19 team only had a handful of senior starters - maybe 6 or 7? - and 3 of them were drafted and 2 more signed. The Strong recruits are now pretty much gone. 

But yeah, this staff certainly has a lot to prove from a player development standpoint.

I expect to see an uptick in players getting selected over the next few drafts, though maybe not next year unless a few juniors come out early (which I'd selfishly prefer not to happen). I think the new defensive scheme/coaching will go a long way in terms of getting the defensive guys on NFL teams' radars (i.e., it will be helpful if guys don't appear to be lost on defense). We'll see. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1