We Few. We Happy Few. Texas at Purdue Pics.

TreatyOak

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

@TreatyOak, have you seen the renderings for the new Texas arena, how would you compare those with what you experienced at Mackey? From your pictures, it kinda looks similar.

With Texas moving into the LBJ Library, I don't think that they are really comparable.

All joking aside, we discussed that and I'm really excited about our smaller venue. It feels better for college and the smaller size bodes well for us. Purdue's venue is outstanding but what really made it so remarkable was the way the fans interacted. The entire crowd participated in all their chants/cheers and it made for a truly unique experience. Wish we could pull that off. 

LBJ2.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Treaty, thanks for all of your info. The key to building a successful gym is not so much about size but rather configuration of the seats. Obviously, you want size but having as many fans as possible near the court is more important and that includes the upper deck. You want a gym that is really loud by having great acoustics and as Treaty mentioned and we all saw on TV, having great fans is huge..

• Like 1

I was also up there for the game.  In fact, I am in a couple of your pictures from Harry's Chocolate Shop.  I liked that place.  The Hershey's Chocolate Porter they had on tap was the tits.

I enjoyed the Mackey experience.  I hope the new arena can create a similar environment.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ScottS said:

I was also up there for the game.  In fact, I am in a couple of your pictures from Harry's Chocolate Shop.  I liked that place.  The Hershey's Chocolate Porter they had on tap was the tits.

I enjoyed the Mackey experience.  I hope the new arena can create a similar environment.

You've got a bald head and goatee don't you?

On 11/11/2019 at 4:44 AM, 52-80 said:

nice high school auditorium

How do you know the difference between a high school and college arena, did you get Ollie up your shoulders to measure the rim with coach’s tape measure?   

It was the story of One woman’s struggle (played by the incomparable ms. Barbara Hershey) to bring integrity and respect to her small farming town.  There was a few clips of basketball and old pitcher from Major League makes a Cameo

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It was the story of One woman’s struggle (played by the incomparable ms. Barbara Hershey) to bring integrity and respect to her small farming town.  There was a few clips of basketball and old pitcher from Major League makes a Cameo

You did notice my username, right?