The Outsider HBO

Michael Knight

so in this latest episode when she initially meets mall cop to discuss shit he mentions he was a detective for 15 years?  and that heath wouldn’t have been “his” or something?  was the mall cop thing some kind of undercover gig?  one of you bookfags help me out please. 

8 hours ago, futureman said:

so in this latest episode when she initially meets mall cop to discuss shit he mentions he was a detective for 15 years?  and that heath wouldn’t have been “his” or something?  was the mall cop thing some kind of undercover gig?  one of you bookfags help me out please. 

I took it more like he’d been fired or quit.  I assume we’ll learn the backstory at some point

Bookfags, if you’re listening, please spoonfeed this idiot his spoilers by DM.

Really digging the show thus far. A few corny lines that make you roll your eyes, but plenty of good stuff that overcomes it.

Both Terry and Heath left town and got infected, returned home and then left town again - creating the opportunities which lead to their demise (and that of the victims). But whatever's happening to the Jack character and whatever happened to the chick, don't look to include either of them leaving town. Wondering if this is an intentional pattern change or more coincidental?

Also in the other situations, not only are the victim and "host" impacted significantly, but the families are tragically affected as well: Chick's family & victim's; Heath's family (not sure about his victim's or maybe just didn't pick up on it); but definitely Terry's victim's family. Curious why then the Maitlands haven't experienced as much 'grief' as the other affected families?

On 1/27/2020 at 3:03 PM, sidis said:

i am highly entertained by this show but it definitely annoys me that we are effectively replaying the azazel character from "fallen."

Not really the same thing. Azazel had no physical form, he just hopped into new bodies and controlled them.

The boogeyman here is perfectly mimicking people or creating doppelgangers.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:12 AM, Horns RD Standard said:

Curious why then the Maitlands haven't experienced as much 'grief' as the other affected families?

I gathered that the bad guy tried to visit the family and fuck with them but the little girl ain’t scared of him and tells him to fuck himself.  maybe it’s like “it” where if she isn’t afraid of him he can’t do anything. 

On 1/30/2020 at 3:45 PM, futureman said:

I gathered that the bad guy tried to visit the family and fuck with them but the little girl ain’t scared of him and tells him to fuck himself.  maybe it’s like “it” where if she isn’t afraid of him he can’t do anything. 

A running theory is that Pennywise the being is every evil in all of the King universe 

Like it so far. Someone said the monster failed with the little girl because she did not fear him. I think it feeds off of grief, not fear and she might just be apathetic. She does not seem to show much emotion even talking about her father.

Edited by bamachine

On 1/24/2020 at 9:45 AM, CurlyDumps said:

I was watching Back to the Future on cable recently and noticed  a scene when Biff is driving/listening to the radio, and a broadcaster reports some college football scores. There's a Texas score mentioned. I looked up the '55 season and sadly confirmed "Texas Christian over Texas, forty-seven to twenty" on 11/12/55 was indeed accurate.

Anyone know if Charlie Strong drives a DeLorean?

Texas was 5-5 that year, Joe Clements was QB1, and TCU was ranked #7 (beat Bama and Miami). Later in the year, the Longhorns did beat #8 aggy. The year after that, they won one game, necessitating the change to DKR.

spacer.png

^Beating Bama and Miami would not be a good indicator of a great team, that year anyway. Ears Whitworth was the Coach at Bama then, he won a total of 4 games in his three years there. Miami was a nothing program until Howard Schnellenberger took over the program in the 80's.

I don't think I can overstate how important Dream On was for world class titty scenes for impressionable young men in the pre-internet era.  I'm pretty sure it's slated to be selected for preservation by the US National TV and Film Registry as being culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.  

• Like 4