The Outsider HBO

Michael Knight

So in the last episode el cuco was using the mask at the festival and at the end they only showed the back of the head feasting on the animal.  I am guessing there is something to it even though he the cell phone video shows his face after grandpa tackles him.  Maybe he can't hold the form for very long, or he's not using Claude's form but someone who looks similar?

13 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

To prove he didn't do it. And prove to themselves and the skeptics on their side that El Cuco is real, even if they didn't want to belief it. Now it's time to all be on the same page and kill da motherfucker. 

I don't think they'll all be on the same page, because all the cops fell the fuck to sleep and won't be able to categorically state they watched strip joint guy all night. And to further that, the brother took a picture of the main detective sleeping, who will then say he did see strip joint guy stumbling around drunk and acting weird in his room during the night so it's possible he got out...

To prove he didn't do it. And prove to themselves and the skeptics on their side that El Cuco is real, even if they didn't want to belief it. Now it's time to all be on the same page and kill da motherfucker. 

And they didnt know his living arrangement or that cavefest was in town. Several lines of dialogue accounted for all of this for the people who dont fast forward thru shows.

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

So in the last episode el cuco was using the mask at the festival and at the end they only showed the back of the head feasting on the animal.  I am guessing there is something to it even though he the cell phone video shows his face after grandpa tackles him.  Maybe he can't hold the form for very long, or he's not using Claude's form but someone who looks similar?

i think it was still transforming into Claude and was weak and needed real* food (a child) so he used that festival w/ the mask to hide that he wasn't quite cooked yet. 

*in the truck after eating the adult he told his helper he needed to feed (again)

Ok, so this thing can doppleganger you, or enlist you as a neckblister soldier....SuperAngryCop guy and cousin (i think) of the black nurse both were blister guys.  What's the deal with the StripClub guy saying he's going crazy in his head?  As far as the show told us, Terry Maitland never had those "going crazy" moments...he was just coaching little league and got pinched by the lisp.  Anyone else notice that?

4 minutes ago, Froghorn717 said:

i think it was still transforming into Claude and was weak and needed real* food (a child) so he used that festival w/ the mask to hide that he wasn't quite cooked yet. 

*in the truck after eating the adult he told his helper he needed to feed (again)

It could be that, but my theory is that he's transforming into someone else other than Claude.  I need to rewatch but the video when he was demasked that guy didn't look exactly like Claude.  That could be just because he hasn't fully transformed yet like you said, but then why aren't they showing his face to viewers at the end?  He didn't need to hide that he wasn't fully cooked yet at the festival because no one knew him there, and he's human looking enough go to a festival and snatch up a kid.  

1 hour ago, Delta Charlie said:

I'm enjoying the show no matter the little issues.  I thought the book was great, so it's cool to see it brought to life.

And has anyone else made the connection with the actor who plays Claude Bolton? 

spacer.png

Same guy as our favorite molesting priest from Peaky Blinders, Father John Hughes.

spacer.png

Paddy Considine

Hot Fuzz was mentioned but he's great in 24 Hour Party People too.

28 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Was it just me or was his Claude face "blurry" in the pic. It was, however, enough of a look-alike to finally convince Ralph that this shit is real.

14 minutes ago, Froghorn717 said:

This is what I thought. He's almost there but something is off about his face, hence the mask. His MO is to be seen doing the crime therefore the "real" person he's shape-shifting into takes the fall while El Cuco starts morphing into the next person he's scratched.

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I mean, he’s definitely transformed into claude.  I’m not sure anyone disputes that except you.  but all theories are welcome. 

and soon to transfer from claude into the fat dad?   so the only way to stop this thing is isolate (or kill) fat dad to keep him from scratching anyone new?  

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I mean, he’s definitely transformed into claude.  I’m not sure anyone disputes that except you.  but all theories are welcome. 

The show is going to start getting weirder before it gets clearer so someone has got to start throwing shit at the wall.  I just don't know why they didn't show the face as he was eating that deer in the end.  Other than trying to be artistic with the shot or promote the crazies like me.

1 minute ago, thrillhammer said:

and soon to transfer from claude into the fat dad?   so the only way to stop this thing is isolate (or kill) fat dad to keep him from scratching anyone new?  

We don't know what it is so we don't know how it can be killed, but scratched fat dad goes on living his life as normal.  The monster transforms his own body to look like fat dad and then does his damage.  They need to stop the monster not the people he scratches.

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The show is going to start getting weirder before it gets clearer so someone has got to start throwing shit at the wall.  I just don't know why they didn't show the face as he was eating that deer in the end.  Other than trying to be artistic with the shot or promote the crazies like me.

only two episodes left. it wraps up 3/8.

23 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Are you sure you're watching this show?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It could be that, but my theory is that he's transforming into someone else other than Claude.  I need to rewatch but the video when he was demasked that guy didn't look exactly like Claude.  That could be just because he hasn't fully transformed yet like you said, but then why aren't they showing his face to viewers at the end?  He didn't need to hide that he wasn't fully cooked yet at the festival because no one knew him there, and he's human looking enough go to a festival and snatch up a kid.  

the entire point of him taking over someone is to look exactly like that person .. so it reverberates thru their lives into those attached and associated the Original- the Grief eater. he doesnt just want to look human .. he wants the after affects of what happens when he "frames" some innocent person. 

watch the episode again .. they made a point to show el cuco's Claude hand w/ the Tattoos on the fingers .. he wasnt fully formed Claude because he was weak after not being able  rest like its usually able to after a transformation. 

6 minutes ago, Froghorn717 said:

the entire point of him taking over someone is to look exactly like that person .. so it reverberates thru their lives into those attached and associated the Original- the Grief eater. he doesnt just want to look human .. he wants the after affects of what happens when he "frames" some innocent person. 

watch the episode again .. they made a point to show el cuco's Claude hand w/ the Tattoos on the fingers .. he wasnt fully formed Claude because he was weak after not being able  rest like its usually able to after a transformation. 

I get that, and I wouldn't put any money down on my theory, but I'm just asking why purposefully hide his face the entire episode especially when it's just him eating the animal at the end?  The mask makes sense if he's not full Claude yet that he doesn't want eye witnesses seeing a deformed version of Claude taking the boy.  But we've already seen glimpses of the untransformed face so it's not some reveal to show it to the viewers.

10 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I get that, and I wouldn't put any money down on my theory, but I'm just asking why purposefully hide his face the entire episode especially when it's just him eating the animal at the end?  The mask makes sense if he's not full Claude yet that he doesn't want eye witnesses seeing a deformed version of Claude taking the boy.  But we've already seen glimpses of the untransformed face so it's not some reveal to show it to the viewers.

personally i think they hid is face while he was eating and while he was walking out of the cave as an artistic choice .. but thats just me. probably get some kind of dramatic reveal towards the end of episode 9 if i had to guess.. ie they werent ready to reveal much more about el cuco than they did over episode 8

Edited by Froghorn717

3 hours ago, justinjc7 said:

It seems like some of yall just said, "fuck the first 7 episodes, I ain't got time for that shit, let's cut to the chase and just watch the ending"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think some of ya'll are taking this show a little too seriously.  fat dad is gonna fuck you up.

This show has become appointment viewing for me.  I like the slow burn, moody, weird aspect to it all.  I think it's organic for people to take some time to come around to accept something supernatural is happening in the real world - especially when kids are being half eaten and the perps aren't anywhere near the crime. That takes a lot of talking and character development to get there. Sure I could pick apart the show here and there, but that's not why I watch fictional television shows. I want to be entertained.

The eating episodes are grisly as hell just with sound.  They made the right choice not showing too much - sound was plenty.  

Endings of stories are really important, so if they fuck it up I reserve the right to discount everything above and say this show sucked.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

And the heartfelt kiss between Friendly Andy and Intuitive Detective likely spells his doom, too. 

Color me surprised that Perpetually Truculent Brother fucked everything up. Just seems so out of character for such a nuanced personality. 

Yep, told my wife the same thing.  I actually thought he was going to get it, right there in the car.

Edited by Tylerocks

Looking forward to the showdown in the cave (don't fuck it up).

Question:  what was the deal with the office scene between the (I think) DA and his hot employee. A must have missed a detail somewhere along the way.  Is this a new kid they've found?  And why does he seem nervous?  Then he looks over the death photos as if he knows something he isn't telling.

25 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Looking forward to the showdown in the cave (don't fuck it up).

Question:  what was the deal with the office scene between the (I think) DA and his hot employee. A must have missed a detail somewhere along the way.  Is this a new kid they've found?  And why does he seem nervous?  Then he looks over the death photos as if he knows something he isn't telling.

new kid.  d.a. going from a willful ignorance to coming to terms with the fact that maitland wasn't the murderer and that he is partially responsible for pursuing him and him being dead. particularly in light of the civil suits facing everyone.

i liked the episode and thought the parallel storytelling was especially effective on this one.  only problem with it is the notion that they'd leave the only holdout left (attorney) as the only one to babysit claude and his dipshit brother when they all know that anything claude knows, cuco knows.  particularly after he'd been spouting off about feeling like it was unfair not to tell his brother what was going on.  if you truly, truly believe this shit like everyone seems to at this point, i would have sedated claude for the day or something.

Wife and I are only through episode 4, but every time I see the hooded dude I just think back to RF in The Stand yelling ‘Hey Bobby Terry, you screwwwed it up!!’ and the associated description of him as some dementedly cheerful evil Santa as he eats the poor bastard.  
I never read The Outsider book but assuming that’s (at least partly) the protagonist here.  

• Like 1