11.11.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

13 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Asked about misinformation on the program

A: trying to educate the fans on what to believe. If you want proof of how the team is doing, watch the games.

Clearly we are just dumb fucking regards and need the smart MENSA jeanyus to educate us. 

i was wondering this on saturday too, what exactly is he talking about wrt misinformation?  and we're watching the games... which is exactly why we believe what we believe.  maybe you should watch the games coach.

It’s in reference to rumors about discontent in the locker room. He countered that the team is together and the fans should be careful believing the rumors.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

It’s in reference to rumors about discontent in the locker room. He countered that the team is together and the fans should be careful believing the rumors.

Ah. I haven't been paying much attention to that but I guess that explains the hand-wringing that everybody is going to transfer that has been going around lately.

I wonder what Whittington can bring this late in his Freshman season or if he will even see action.

Beyond that this is a big game for this program. Tough opponent and on the road with a chance to get back in the title race. Whatever they did to the defense in the second half against K-State I hope continues.

23 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Golden goes directly after Coach's asinine statements during his weekly show last week. Pretty much avoids the question and squirms at being called out in his PC.

Credit to Golden for being direct and to the point with that one. 

What did he say last week and what was Golden’s exchange with him today?

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What did he say last week and what was Golden’s exchange with him today?

Coach said something to the effect of "reporters have 5th hand information and it's irresponsible for them to speak of the team because they don't know shit..." during his weekly show at pluckers last Thursday. Golden asked him about those comments since he always makes it a point to say that he/they don't listen or read any outside noise...Coach again was caught off guard with such a direct question and he stumbled through some comments about how it was meant for the fans before moving on to the next softball question.

I don't buy his answer on slow starts. If it's true, he's an arrogant prick for thinking that such a trend couldn't possibly be indicative of any kind of problem. If isn't, he's an arrogant prick for throwing that out there in an attempt to imply it's not an issue.

Tl;dr - Tom Herman is an arrogant prick. He's going to wear out his welcome in the locker room and among the fan base by this time next year unless they're position to close on some real hardware.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, futureman said:

he’s a size mismatch against any team.  it’s stupid not to have him on the field as much as possible. 

By that logic, let's put Jared Wiley out wide. It'd be stupid not to have him on the field as much as possible. 

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Tom your QB is Sam Ehlinger. Thoughts?
I had no idea that was the case until just this moment. Y’all think I’m kidding with this stuff but I’m not. It’s just not something I really care to pay attention to.

He goes by Swoops. Jarrod Heard. What's my man's first name? I-- done went blank on me. 

2 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Y’all sure do hang on these press conferences like they are actually important. 

Yeah, no matter what Herman says he’s full of shit.  Why even listen if that’s you position.  Also funny about the lack of fast starts and if it’s a concern.  I’m sure Herman would prefer the offense to start fast but at the end of the day KSU started really fast and still lost so it may  not be such a big deal after all.  If I have to choose I prefer the team that knows how to finish over the fast start.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, futureman said:

he’s a size mismatch against any team.  it’s stupid not to have him on the field as much as possible. 

Exactly. It's so dumb that we don't borrow Jericho Sims just to line him up at wideout every play. Who needs football skills?

By the way, I'm not 100% joking here. If we're going to line up a body then let's get some publicity out of the deal.

Edited by Huckleberry

6 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Guess what guys, most coaches are arrogant pricks.

I don't think anyone's surprised that Herman's an arrogant prick.

What's surprising is that apparently he isn't aware of our basic tendencies, like the one where we come out with a limp dick on offense until the second quarter every week.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Exactly. It's so dumb that we don't borrow Jericho Sims just to line him up at wideout every play. Who needs football skills?

By the way, I'm not 100% joking here. If we're going to line up a body then let's get some publicity out of the deal.

Jericho Sims would be a top five in the conference red-zone receiver today, right now.  pull him off the court and take him to ames.  he would catch a touchdown. 

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Should definitely go with Andrew Jones then.

23 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Yeah, no matter what Herman says he’s full of shit.  Why even listen if that’s you position.  Also funny about the lack of fast starts and if it’s a concern.  I’m sure Herman would prefer the offense to start fast but at the end of the day KSU started really fast and still lost so it may  not be such a big deal after all.  If I have to choose I prefer the team that knows how to finish over the fast start.  

I hope he's full of shit since he always says he's unaware of everything going on around him. I used to just assume he was bullshitting but these days who knows.

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Tom trolling you guys is the best thing about his pressers 

this.  the dude doesn't give a shit about Kurt or Cedric or anyone else in that room of idiots.  if he wins hardware he stays if he loses he goes. if he wins a little bit and has the money men in his pocket he stays.  as it has been and always will be.

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I don't think anyone's surprised that Herman's an arrogant prick.

What's surprising is that apparently he isn't aware of our basic tendencies, like the one where we come out with a limp dick on offense until the second quarter every week.

Well he wasn't aware that Texas was last in the Nation in punt returns... so on his death bed, he's got that going for him!!  

Dumbass Mensa!!  😠 

Edited by LTtxfan

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Epps is a developmental project. Laiteo doesnt seem to bring anything to the table I can see. Either 4-wides, jumbo, or split back w RoJo and Ingram. All other lineups you’re playing with 10.

How the fuck did Leitao grade out as a "Champion" in the K-State game??

Let the Surly humor flow..... 😃

5 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

On the kick return TD by KSU

A: we had one bad blown assignment and young guys need to do a better job there

I sure wish that one guy could have been there to cover that 30 yards of wide open space in the middle of the field. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Ah. I haven't been paying much attention to that but I guess that explains the hand-wringing that everybody is going to transfer that has been going around lately.

I wonder what Whittington can bring this late in his Freshman season or if he will even see action.

Beyond that this is a big game for this program. Tough opponent and on the road with a chance to get back in the title race. Whatever they did to the defense in the second half against K-State I hope continues.

They chloroformed New Potato , and put a stunt double in with the old Dr Pepper guy calling the D.

7 hours ago, stork642 said:

If I have to choose I choose not to give up 14 points early to stupid weak ass lazy play. But that’s just me.

• Like 2