RIP Charles Rogers, dies of cancer at 38

C-Man

I heard that on the radio a little while ago. Sorry to hear it. I hadn't heard that name in quite some time. Honestly, I was surprised he was that young.

Tough times for the Spartans. The younger brother of basketball player Cassius Winston was killed in a train wreck a couple nights ago. 

Too soon. Poor guy always had his demons. Very sad. Probably the best athlete I've ever seen on a college field. The catch in the back of the end zone against ND was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in person. Incidentally the avatar was named after him. RIP Chuck, you outlived your namesake. 

Good article from a few years ago.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/football/2017/04/19/charles-rogers-michigan-state-lions/100577018/

Heres my brush with Greatness of Charles Rogers. 

I had just broken my Tib/Fib and was at the local liquor store with a boot and crutches while charles was on the Leo's. He walked to to me and asked me if I had any vicodin, I told him I had some at my apartment and he offered me tickets for some. He bought some blunt wraps came over and we played video games and popped some vikes. I tried to follow up for those tickets but he ghosted. I should have offered him some more vikes to follow through on his deal. 

RIP charles. 

• Like 1

That video is horrifyingly great on so many levels. To be such a great athlete and player as well as having worked so hard to dominate the college game only to have a bunch of pot bellied sports fans call you a bust must be awful.

He was going to a good job and doing well. Somebody walks in the door, recognizes him, and whispers to a companion, "Isn't that the guy who was the big bust?" He's living a life that's the equivalent of the dickhead who did the whispering.

That's hard. The failure and loss of money is hard enough as a private affair. Putting that shit on blast would kill many men.

RIP

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I had just broken my Tib/Fib and was at the local liquor store with a boot and crutches while charles was on the Leo's. He walked to to me and asked me if I had any vicodin, I told him I had some at my apartment and he offered me tickets for some. He bought some blunt wraps came over and we played video games and popped some vikes. I tried to follow up for those tickets but he ghosted. I should have offered him some more vikes to follow through on his deal. 

on the plus side, you broke your leg and got taken, so good story there

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Juicy said:

RIP charles. 

Please oh please tell me that there's a "The Wild and Wonderful White Trash Juicies of Michigan" documentary in the works.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Your takeaway from the death of a man who struggled with drug addiction and died of liver failure is that you should have given him more drugs?

One did not just simply acquire tickets to the '02-'04 Detroit Lions, breh  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

RIP charles. 

Sad news. Crazy that he and Roy Williams were on the Lions together and their passing offense sucked. 

And Mike Williams.  Matt Millen picked a WR in the top 10 3 years in a row.

I had a buddy that used the Lions on Madden because of these guys and jet packing. Nearly impossible to stop.

Crazy to hear about him passing. I never heard about the addiction before now.