Holiday gift baskets

Anyone have recommendations for holiday gift baskets? My partner always sends out Harry & David so I'd like to go with something different, but google hasn't turned up any obvious winners. I'm thinking something food related but I don't want to send someone a basket of food if it isn't actually good quality.

The same company that owns Harry & David also has other brands. The most appealing of those is Wolferman's Bakery but I have no idea about their quality. Other options would be Williams Sonoma or Central Market. 

6 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Anyone have recommendations for holiday gift baskets? My partner always sends out Harry & David so I'd like to go with something different, but google hasn't turned up any obvious winners. I'm thinking something food related but I don't want to send someone a basket of food if it isn't actually good quality.

The same company that owns Harry & David also has other brands. The most appealing of those is Wolferman's Bakery but I have no idea about their quality. Other options would be Williams Sonoma or Central Market. 

Wolferman's is good quality. 

On the jerky front, my daughter got me this:

https://jerkygent.com/pages/gift

She got me three packages (over a few weeks) where there are five or so different bags of different kinds of small company jerkys.  Fun. 

A little pricey but all jerky is a little pricey.

I've actually always thoughts those ediblearrangement.com style fruit gifts are pretty good.  They go fast but at least you feel healthy eating them.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:58 AM, Apep said:

Great thread.

Yes, I am paying attention too. Usually send quite a few gift baskets throughout the year. I‘be always just gone with Harry & David so these new ideas are pretty cool. 
I would not recommend a place called Wine Country Gift Baskets. Their stuff is cool, but the next year they will not only flood your physical mailbox with catalogs, they send all that shit to the recipients of your last year’s gifts too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, luke duke said:

Texas Pecan Company is good for the traditional nuts/dried fruit.

https://www.texaspecanco.com/

On our Lonesome Dove drive from Mexico-Montana this last summer, we stopped in Fort Davis at this nut place.  The website leaves a little something to be desired but the product is very good:  https://allpecans.com/

On 11/17/2019 at 11:24 AM, tantric superman said:

Oh, just realized you guys are looking for something a bit more corporate,,,, 

I'm interested for the sake of a few close coworkers (medical practice) and friends. I'm not interested in the corporate sense of vendor/client relationships.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 9:49 PM, RMac5 said:

Send em a beef tender from Perini Ranch and be done.

HOLY SHIT my dad sent me one of these, arrived yesterday.  Haven't even cut it yet but it looks awesome.

Also sent a few cans of steak rub that smell amazing, and the cookbook.  I'm going to keep this place in my bookmarks for client gifts.

https://www.periniranch.com/products/

Edited by BearSchlong

That steak rub is fantastic! We use it on strip steaks and they come out great. 

‘We have that cookbook as well, lots of great recipes in there. Be sure and try the green chile hominy.

Perini’s is our favorite restaurant, the setting out on the ranch is right up my alley.

• Like 1