Texas vs. California O Lord Hold My Mule While I Shout Missionary Baptist University - 7pm LHN

Pancho

As happy as I was about the Purdue win, I can’t even feign remote interest in this game solely for the reason that I’ve honestly never heard of this school and I’m pretty engaged in higher education.  

I am embarrassed that they are on the Longhorn schedule even though there’s no shame in playing a few cupcakes in November for big names like us. Anything less than a 20 point victory will be a shame. 

with this marquee opponent and the lovely weather… What are you guys think maybe 3000 in attendance?

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

As happy as I was about the Purdue win, I can’t even feign remote interest in this game solely for the reason that I’ve honestly never heard of this school and I’m pretty engaged in higher education.  

I am embarrassed that they are on the Longhorn schedule even though there’s no shame in playing a few cupcakes in November for big names like us. Anything less than a 20 point victory will be a shame. 

with this marquee opponent and the lovely weather… What are you guys think maybe 3000 in attendance?

1.) Same about higher ed and never hearing about this university. 

2.) This game is part of the 2K Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project, so I don't believe UT had a choice of what team they played. 

Good point.  I only saw that pVAM was part of it, not these guys.  
you wanna talk about participation trophies, every single  division I team is guaranteed a spot in some early season non exempt tournament it seems?  Some of them, even after going two and ‘cue get to break off and go battle it off with the other small schools.

if we play like we did against Purdue, should be a fun time in NYC.  We should be able to take down Georgetown but duke will obliterate us 

44 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well Texas is only favored by 16.5. So are you suggesting this is as an easy game to lay those points?...Asking for a friend

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

This is a great game to get up big and then let Williams, Baker, Kai Jones and Cunnjngham to get lots of minutes.

Absolutely.  We need to see the extent of what these guys have to contribute.  Plus Baker, Kai, and Cunningham need to get some their shooting percentages and career points total above the goose egg.

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

The WAC has a pretty storied history.

I know, that’s why I said it was a real conference and I was shocked to see this school was not only In it, but picked to finish second. 

I felt like the group in “Major League” as the WAC commissioner runs down the list of new member schools, “I haven’t heard of half these schools.  This one in California shut down after the ‘49 gold rush.”

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know, that’s why I said it was a real conference and I was shocked to see this school was not only In it, but picked to finish second. 

I felt like the group in “Major League” as the WAC commissioner runs down the list of new member schools, “I haven’t heard of half these schools.  This one in California shut down after the ‘49 gold rush.”

My bad, my reading comprehension escaped me momentarily I guess.  I thought you hadn't heard of the WAC.

CBU record under their current coach.  This is their second year in D1.  Were a very solid D2 program.

2013-14 24-4 (NCAA DII Regional)

2014-15 26-7 (NCAA DII Sweet 16)

2015-16 28-7 (NCAA DII Regional)

2016-17 26-5 (NCAA DII Regional)

2017-18 28-6 (NCAA DII WR Champs/Elite 😎

2018-19 16-15  (College Basketball Invitational, Rd. 1)

15 minutes ago, chitwood said:

Wagon must have lost a wheel, or they lacked ambition.

Or Chicago State got a massive case of Dysentery and UM-KC got Cholera  

Shoulda traded with the Indians more fairly...

4 hours ago, txhorns said:

This is a great game to get up big and then let Williams, Baker, Kai Jones and Cunnjngham to get lots of minutes.

Yes and another Shaka test. Last year we didn't dominate the cupcakes like we thought we would and as a result didn't have the freedom to get an extended look at the bench players.

1 minute ago, Nolacycling said:

Yes and another Shaka test. Last year we didn't dominate the cupcakes like we thought we would and as a result didn't have the freedom to get an extended look at the bench players.

I have no problem with not dominating CBU tonight if that means the guys mentioned get plenty of playing time.  It should still be an easy 15 point win though.

1 hour ago, chitwood said:

CBU record under their current coach.  This is their second year in D1.  Were a very solid D2 program.

2013-14 24-4 (NCAA DII Regional)

2014-15 26-7 (NCAA DII Sweet 16)

2015-16 28-7 (NCAA DII Regional)

2016-17 26-5 (NCAA DII Regional)

2017-18 28-6 (NCAA DII WR Champs/Elite 😎

2018-19 16-15  (College Basketball Invitational, Rd. 1)

But what is their kenpom ranking?

Slow sports day, what can I tell you?  I just drove by Erwin Center on way to a meeting on campus.  Saw a rather long line at the box office and thought, "Wow, they're gonna pack the house tonight."  

Turns out it was just people picking up their Black Keys tickets for tomorrow night.  

2-0 and I’d like to see Texas under Shaka play consistent and win by a lot like they should. Should see a lot of guys rotating in and out.

my only question is why does a guy like Williams play great in the opener which is supposed to be his opportunity to earn more playing time so he plays great then doesn’t get any at Purdue? 

Seeing us play good, watchable basketball is such a weird sight to behold. I honestly have no clue how many years it's been since I've seen this. 

Now that the positivity is out of the way, why the fuck does Brock Cunningham start on this team?

Edit: It appears I spoke too soon. We haven't scored since I jinxed us.

Edited by Burt Macklin