Texas vs. California O Lord Hold My Mule While I Shout Missionary Baptist University - 7pm LHN

Pancho

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Under Shaka we've lost to UT-Arlington, Kent State, Northern Iowa, Radford, Providence, and of course...the program he left behind in VCU

this is what happens when you have athletically average guards and horrible perimeter shooting.

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Under Shaka we've lost to UT-Arlington, Kent State, Northern Iowa, Radford, Providence, and of course...the program he left behind in VCU

Hopefully we’re not resorting to that sad “well uh maybe they’re  a tournament team” post-loss narrative after this one.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yup. Ugly wins are still wins. We didn’t lose to Evansville so there’s that. 

HaHaHa.... Not a good SEC basketball night!!

Yeah #1 ranked Kentucky home loss to Evansville quite a shocker!!

Auburn at home survived S.Alabama by 1pt.

Tennessee down at half by 9pts to Murray State.

3 hours ago, HookEm said:

I just finished the game. I had no idea who Cal Baptist was before this game, but they look like a real basketball team with a few good to quite good players. Didn't think we played terrible. I thought the repeated drive and dish by Coleman was solid.

This and LT's post right above. Just because fans aren't familiar with a team, doesn't mean they can't play. Any team can beat any other team on a given night especially if the better team doesn't take their competition seriously. Cal Baptist isn't a bad team. Good win. Get ready for the next game.

Sims seemed to maybe, kinda-sorta, peek his head around a corner in the second half last night. He finally slammed the ball with authority rather than jump 6 inches above the rim and gently place the ball through the hoop. Hopefully that aggression continues to grow, we sorely need an inside presence. 

28 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

Sims seemed to maybe, kinda-sorta, peek his head around a corner in the second half last night. He finally slammed the ball with authority rather than jump 6 inches above the rim and gently place the ball through the hoop. Hopefully that aggression continues to grow, we sorely need an inside presence. 

I was more impressed with his turn around jumper.

I thought last night's performance was promising. Yeah you'd like to see more consistency from the guys you're going to regularly count on, but that's kind of unrealistic when you're dealing/talking about the 17-19 yr old kids. 

To me I think you're starting to see a pattern where you're just going to have to deal with players having off nights (I think the tightening of minutes lends to that). There are other players that deserve minutes if someone gets off to a bad start. I think that kind of happened with Liddell tonight and to some extent Ramey against Purdue. The hope is that the other player's "on" nights are good enough to offset that. But that also makes it difficult for opposing teams to game plan for. It's a lot easier to focus on stopping a player(s) than it is to think schematically, imo. So I think it kind of bodes well going forward. That is as long as someone is on the floor that's got it going (i.e.- Ramey tonight). The consistency has to come from upperclassmen like Coleman, Jones & Sims. Those are the ones we need to be solid game in and game out!

Oh and btw, CBU impressed last night. Those dudes(the 2 guards) were draining from all over the court. The lil semi-post by flavors to the turn around J...was an NBA caliber move man. That was kinda sweet honestly. A guard dominant team like that w/ 2 guys who can just catch fire and the undersized but bullishly strong Davis - they're gonna win some games and give some folks trouble this year.

20 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Shaka has no idea what he's talking about,does he?

I want to retract this comment. He does recognize what is wrong with our play, but he doesn't know how to fix it. Mea culpa.

It's early and we do have "the longest winning streak in the NCAA(lol,great stat)", but when I see Baker 0/career in 3's and  our 3 point shooting stats picking up where they left off , I'm not convinced.

Edited by Nolacycling