A Winter Hat

So after the moths ate through a kangol flat cap I used to wear (I think it was a kangol 504 wool flat cap) I'm looking for something new.

flat-hat.jpg

I really look terrible in hats, but the wife said she likes it, and as I get older, I hate being cold.  So will just use it for winter.

I'll most likely wear it with a long wool topcoat or ocassionally just with a sweater and jeans. 

Anyone have any ideas of decent brands or maybe an alternative to the flat cap?  I"m not going to wear a fedora or anything like that. Just want a floppy on and off deal that I can throw like a frisbee.  Always been take by Max Fischer's red beret.

.max_fischer-meet_the_matts.jpg?w=300&h=2 

But I'm really going for something more like Royal's look, even though I don't have a good tweed jacket.

65-hackman-the-royal-tenenbaums.jpg?w=50

Those monty berets are kind of badass as well.

1 hour ago, Errestaurants said:

Good Gawd this is the place I'd ask for a serious recommendation regarding a winter hat. I think the OP most likely had a bad day and needed a laugh.

I should have simplified it.

I should have said, I'm thinking about a woolen flat cap, but want something other than a Kangol.  Anyone have any brands they can suggest?

samuel%20l%20jackson%20image%20(2).jpg

tantric, I know I made fun of you in here, but I have to laugh because I actually have a ushanka (see below) made out of rabbit fur at my place in the mountains.  It's warm as fuck and I love it, but I only use it when  I'm snowblowing.  Would never wear it into town.

I look way better than the douche below, though.

Rabbit_Full_Fur_Russian_Ushanka_Hat_Gray

Edited by Chewbacca

22 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

tantric, I know I made fun of you in here, but I have to laugh because I actually have a ushanka (see below) made out of rabbit fur at my place in the mountains.  It's warm as fuck and I love it, but I only use it when  I'm snowblowing.  Would never wear it into town.

I look way better than the douche below, though.

Rabbit_Full_Fur_Russian_Ushanka_Hat_Gray

Douche below would give you some action if you wear it into town.

• Like 1