Dallas | Burgers

C-Man

I wonder if they would still be around if they were in that old location? So much more overhead for a brand new building in a more expensive area. Maybe they would've still gone under but I always fear when a restaurant moves for bigger and better. 

4 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

OSK hasn’t been the same since it left the original spot with shitty parking. 

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

No doubt.  It went from “best fucking burger I’ve ever eaten in my entire life and it’s not even close” to “really good burger”

Pretty much.  But it was still a really good burger, and the fries were excellent at both locations.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Have not been. How does it compare to Wingfields?

Not sure why the pics look like dogshit on web. I haven't been to Wingfield's in forever so can't really say. This place is in the hood. Peachtree and Lake June next to a car wash but glad to see it still open. 

Also want to add that Skyrocket is good shit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks like they do a bit more than burgers but anyone try the new slider bar, Son of a Butcher, in Lower Greenville? Same people behind Velvet Taco. 

Maybe caught em on a bad night but it was meh. Not great bang for the buck either. Cool job on the patio setup though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been fully Vaxxed since April but still working my back to socialization.

Decided to walk to The Libertine tonight and sit at the bar. Holy shit the Wagyu cheeseburger is top 3 for me in town. Greasy, salty, cheesy, tons of umami. Includes really great fries as well for a total of $12. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

Been fully Vaxxed since April but still working my back to socialization.

Decided to walk to The Libertine tonight and sit at the bar. Holy shit the Wagyu cheeseburger is top 3 for me in town. Greasy, salty, cheesy, tons of umami. Includes really great fries as well for a total of $12. 

I love the libertine. Steak sandwich there is great as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

That's not surprising given all the development in that area. It's sitting on a prime spot. 

In this side of the world news, Rodeo Goat is supposedly opening at Casa Linda Plaza where the Highland Park Cafeteria used to sit. So that's 3 good burger options in the area (Goodfriend, Dugg). We need a good chicken spot. Lakewood has a few of those to spare now.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:44 AM, mdmost said:

In this side of the world news, Rodeo Goat is supposedly opening at Casa Linda Plaza where the Highland Park Cafeteria used to sit. So that's 3 good burger options in the area (Goodfriend, Dugg). 

Had Rodeo Goat earlier this week…so, this hits close to home. Damn good burger and half price cheese fries on Wednesdays.

• 3 weeks later...

Today, we went down to meet with the group who manages the Fair Grounds to see about having our Rib & Appetizer Cook-Off down there in April. Decided to grab a bite after the meeting. Burgers came up and we kicked around Angry Dog, Adair's and Dot's before settling on Stackhouse near Baylor. I'd never been though I've driven by there a gazillion times. It was pretty damn good, I must say.

Today, we went down to meet with the group who manages the Fair Grounds to see about having our Rib & Appetizer Cook-Off down there in April. Decided to grab a bite after the meeting. Burgers came up and we kicked around Angry Dog, Adair's and Dot's before settling on Stackhouse near Baylor. I'd never been though I've driven by there a gazillion times. It was pretty damn good, I must say.

I haven’t been there in a few years but the food was always good. I recall it was quite a bit more expensive than comparable places though.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, Stunns38 said:

I finally had Hunky’s...didn’t expect much but it was a damn good burger. Got the double cheese with bacon. Very good for a mid-range burger. Good fries, onion rings, and fried zucchini as well. Wife enjoyed the grilled chicken sammich.

Hunky's is a solid burger and nice people. It's also the only burger place in town where I get hit on more than my wife. 

Honestly I've tried most of the burger places around and still love Maple and Kenny's but for bang for the buck Mooyahs is still great. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:45 PM, C-Man said:

Don't sleep on St. Pete's Dancing Marlin next door to Angry Dog.  The owner, Pete Zotos, is a good friend, and his burger (as well as a lot of other stuff on the menu) is very good.  He was one of the original assholes at Dick's Last Resort before moving over to Angry Dog and then opening his own place next door.

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Don't sleep on St. Pete's Dancing Marlin next door to Angry Dog.  The owner, Pete Zotos, is a good friend, and his burger (as well as a lot of other stuff on the menu) is very good.  He was one of the original assholes at Dick's Last Resort before moving over to Angry Dog and then opening his own place next door.

Good place! Haven't been there in awhile.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We hit up Wingfields after the Zoo, dear God that’s a helluva burger and so good.  

28E96681-D22C-4D92-BCAD-8BDE4517D95F.thumb.jpeg.232a2c7ce4ee5c6de364bfed3c90707f.jpeg

Thought about doing a double but jr warned me about the size of their burgers.  Glad I didn’t go that route.  Their onion rings were really good also.  

We hit up Wingfields after the Zoo, dear God that’s a helluva burger and so good.  
28E96681-D22C-4D92-BCAD-8BDE4517D95F.thumb.jpeg.232a2c7ce4ee5c6de364bfed3c90707f.jpeg
Thought about doing a double but jr warned me about the size of their burgers.  Glad I didn’t go that route.  Their onion rings were really good also.  

Yep. Though the day I went, the fries and onion rings were greasy, almost inedible.

182145744a844779961962d95abb8747.jpg
0c321c2ed2388d1f91bd44a432179c40.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Had a lunch meeting with our marketing rep for AIG at Angry Dog in Deep Ellum. That remains a pretty good burger IMO.

I prefer St. Pete’s next door but that’s mostly because he’s a personal friend. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Had a lunch meeting with our marketing rep for AIG at Angry Dog in Deep Ellum. That remains a pretty good burger IMO.

Adair's Saloon FTW in Deep Ellum for burgers!

(But I get it that they are only open for lunch Friday to Sunday.)

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Adair's Saloon FTW in Deep Ellum for burgers!

(But I get it that they are only open for lunch Friday to Sunday.)

My parents had their first date at Adair’s.  I met my wife for our first date at Cane Rosso.  30 minute wait.  I asked her to indulge me and we walked down the street and had a drink.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 months later...

A new contender for best burger in Dallas has entered the chat. Had lunch at Douglas in Snider Plaza to pay off a Tech/Texas bet with a buddy. It’s expensive but goddamn, it’s good.

Good old Wagyu smash burger with pimento cheese and either chopped brisket or pulled pork. Went with brisket. Sheeeeee-it!

cc2863d46233597fa1f32e906d656707.jpg

6d13c2221941278712a7fab8b36401e9.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, HiggyBaby said:

+1 for Rodeo Goat. And don’t hate, if you find yourself in a sea of chain restaurants and one of them is Saltgrass, try the cheeseburger. It’s actually really good. Not gourmet good, but backyard burger good.

Have been to the new RG location in Casa Linda twice since it's opened.  Both times the burgers were good, and it's much more convenient that getting to the design district.

Also, tried out National Anthem last weekend (Nick Badovinus's place in East Quarter of downtown).  Cool finish out of the Flatiron-style building, and all the food was very good.

Edited by DDD Dad

On 9/30/2022 at 1:26 PM, C-Man said:

A new contender for best burger in Dallas has entered the chat. Had lunch at Douglas in Snider Plaza to pay off a Tech/Texas bet with a buddy. It’s expensive but goddamn, it’s good.

Good old Wagyu smash burger with pimento cheese and either chopped brisket or pulled pork. Went with brisket. Sheeeeee-it!

cc2863d46233597fa1f32e906d656707.jpg

6d13c2221941278712a7fab8b36401e9.jpg

5AC2D68C-F47D-4085-8DBF-3509DE3C2EEB.gif